Castle injury update | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Castle injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Exactly. Privacy goes along with health.
Nevermind taht this is silly. We know who is injured, what is injured and that he won't play. How long until they expect him back is "medical privacy" ? Whatever. What doctor did his procedure, what procedure, etc. THAT makes sense. Not saying, "that's all we're going to say for the sake of Stephon's privacy" makes even less sense.

Reaction Score
I can't even recall seeing the play he got injured or him going down or anything. I wonder if they are just taking every precaution they can with how much money he stands to make next year in the draft.
Let’s hope doesn’t do the kyrie.

Reaction Score
Hopefully nothing more serious. Get him healthy for conference play if that’s what the timeline is.

I think Ball will start again with Diarra coming off the bench for some veteran leadership while starters are rotated out. I’m sure Ball had quite a bit of nerves for his first start last game and after looking at film realize that he needs to slow down a little bit and work within the offensive scheme. Both Ball and Diarra need to worry about playing good d, setting up the scorers/shooters and picking up rebounds to offset Castles rebounding. If we get 8-10 pts. a game between them I’ll be satisfied.

A lot of different lineups were on the court through the first 3 games, including when Ball started last game, so I’m sure the staff knows who they want on the court with certain players and in certain situations. Expect a lot of minutes from Castle, Karaban and Spencer now that we are getting into the meat of the OOC schedule.
NEWTON not Castle minutes

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We'll be fine. Our nucleus is Newton, Karraban and Clingan. They already won a national title, they know what it takes.

I like Castle, I trust he'll be amazing, but he's still a kid learning the ropes.

We have a deep and talented and multifaceted skill set. We'll be fine until Castle returns

I'm concerned about one game at this point, at Kansas. We're capable of winning them all. I'm just not capable of worrying

NEXT MAN UP

Reaction Score
Damn. Big letdown. He was the one guy I really wanted to see against these big teams the next few weeks. Now he’s never gonna experience those games , Welp only positive is Ball gets a whole lot more run. Stupid dumb Wolfpack hockey XL slippery floor(if that’s what it was)
Im hearing that this was the situation.. Slippery XL floor. I think this is a solid reason to get the heck out of Hartford.

Reaction Score
No its not FFS. Injury timelines are generally SOP in sports and has been for decades. And if privacy is their fallback position, then just flippin say so.

1) it isn't standard on all college teams

2) even if it is SOP, it doesn't mean you are entitled to someone's medical information. Get over yourself.

Reaction Score
Solo Ball just might bust out sooner. I was rewatching the first half of MVU on TV; I attended the XL for the game, and watching on TV is different, so what jumped out was Solo has the green light to score the ball. He was very aggressive with his possessions, taking it to the rim, shooting 3's, and even a pull-up jumper in the lane. Starting and with more minutes, when he gets confident and comfortable out there these next few games, look out.

I honestly saw some freshman Bazz swag in him. I saw some cockiness with fearless aggression. I know Diarra is experienced, reliable and all, but Ball 'took his (a Senior!) spot'

Too early to conclude anything, but still its obvious, he's got something to work with. He may not be Castle level but for a 6th man, we should be fine especially after all these minutes he'll be racking up with Castle out.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
An MRI is not a "procedure".
Well given we know nothing about anything it would seem making any definite statements kind of ridiculous. We are all only guessing taking bits of probably wrong information and commenting but we should be taking notes, because what the “procedure” actually was is going to be revealed. I understand surgery is also not a procedure it is surgery just like an MRI is not a procedure it is imaging.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
With Azzi's knee injury, they specifically mentioned needing to wait a few days for inflammation to subside before MRI imaging. It's fairly standard.
I agree with your comment about swelling delaying the imaging, but if the swelling was that bad he should never have been allowed to warm up on Tuesday. So much goes into that whole process. Even the injured person. I know when I played in high school if something hurt I dealt with it and played. If the coaches did not see me moving differently I kept my mouth shut regardless how much it hurt and kept on playing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Every game from here on out became much tougher.
Sure, but the games where that margin means wins vs losses is what matters. KU game stands out. Maybe UNC.

Reaction Score
1) it isn't standard on all college teams

2) even if it is SOP, it doesn't mean you are entitled to someone's medical information. Get over yourself.
I agree with you on 95% of things on the board. I don’t think it’s entitlement or out of the ordinary to be seeking something here. Some type of actual timeline or what the injury is, really not outlandish.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
Teams hide injury reports all the time it’s nothing new, did you know that Plaxico Burress played in the Super Bowl with a torn ligament in his ankle, Logan Mankins played out a season with a torn ACL.
I get it but they are hiding it for a competitive advantage which is why it is against the rules. We are discussing/arguing something totally different.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Sure, but the games where that margin means wins vs losses is what matters. KU game stands out. Maybe UNC.
We’ll find out a lot about this team without Castle against Indiana. Our schedule kind of ramps up perfectly in the OOC.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
I could only stomach a page and a half of this 9 page thread

You people are absolutely insane
You do realize by posting you then qualify as absolutely insane….or maybe Forrest Gump…what was that saying ….

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Gentlemen, and ladies....my God. Have faith in the team we suit up. I do. The Castle has been stormed.

The team will rebound.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Very bad news. Goodbye any chance for #6. He probably had significant ligament damage, but not enough for immediate surgery.

We've seen this story before. Castle will try to come back in January or February and won't be anywhere near the player he was. Then, they'll just shut him down the rest of the year.
What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr