Castle injury update | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Castle injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It gives us that it's not season ending which is important information.
He said it doesn’t appear to be season ending which is basically what he said in the post game press conference. I read that as they still don’t know for sure.

Reaction Score
I don’t see this as a doomsday. I think we’re good enough to be okay through this injury. Newton, Ball, Spencer, Karaban, Clingan is still formidable. There is 1 game on this OOC that scares me. And that at Phogg Allen. Before the Castle injury I thought wed go 9-2. And call me crazy but I still think that’s more than possible. I call 8-3 top 15 team come BE play
If we have a similar BE record as last year that’s 21-10, not great for this years expectations

Reaction Score
If we have a similar BE record as last year that’s 21-10, not great for this years expectations
We were never going better than 9-2 in OOC play. We have a tough OOC slate. I think we perform better in the BE this year. 24-7 or 23-8. I think we lose @marquette, @creighton, @PC and we drop 1or 2 to one of St John’s, Nova, and Butler.

Also 21-10 is not bad with this schedule. Though I think we’ll be better

Reaction Score
We were never going better than 9-2 in OOC play. We have a tough OOC slate. I think we perform better in the BE this year. 24-7 or 23-8. I think we lose @marquette, @creighton, @PC and we drop 1or 2 to one of St John’s, Nova, and Butler
We don’t have to deal with any of the top teams til mid January so that could help

Reaction Score
Hopefully nothing more serious. Get him healthy for conference play if that’s what the timeline is.

I think Ball will start again with Diarra coming off the bench for some veteran leadership while starters are rotated out. I’m sure Ball had quite a bit of nerves for his first start last game and after looking at film realize that he needs to slow down a little bit and work within the offensive scheme. Both Ball and Diarra need to worry about playing good d, setting up the scorers/shooters and picking up rebounds to offset Castles rebounding. If we get 8-10 pts. a game between them I’ll be satisfied.

A lot of different lineups were on the court through the first 3 games, including when Ball started last game, so I’m sure the staff knows who they want on the court with certain players and in certain situations. Expect a lot of minutes from Castle, Karaban and Spencer now that we are getting into the meat of the OOC schedule.

Reaction Score
IMHO, I would like to see what 20 minutes a game of Donovan and Samson together would look like. That would mean each playing about 30 minutes a game, but oh what havoc could be rained down on some folks. Teams would have zero shots at the rim. Alex would have to spend more time guarding the other teams slowest wing while D&S cover up the lane. More minutes for Solo and Ross too.
Per last year, talk of a double BIG possibility in the Yard is obviously dumb and not productive. How dare you bring it up again!

Reaction Score
IMHO, I would like to see what 20 minutes a game of Donovan and Samson together would look like. That would mean each playing about 30 minutes a game, but oh what havoc could be rained down on some folks. Teams would have zero shots at the rim. Alex would have to spend more time guarding the other teams slowest wing while D&S cover up the lane. More minutes for Solo and Ross too.
I'll give you a preview, it involves lots of scoring for the opponent and very little for UConn

Reaction Score
Two things can be true:

1) We're not "entitled" to the medical information.
2) As fans of a sports team, it is frustrating to get such vague information, even with #1 being true.
Things are only frustrating if you let them frustrate you. I can't get supermodels to come to my house for happy hour and do me while my wife is preparing dinner. I am fairly certain that at 64 years old that doesn't frustrate me.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
With all the back and forth about player injury information in this thread: I found it interesting that the NFL is looking at the Bengal organization for not reporting anything on Burrough’s wrist injury. Hmmmm…..

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Things are only frustrating if you let them frustrate you. I can't get supermodels to come to my house for happy hour and do me while my wife is preparing dinner. I am fairly certain that at 64 years old that doesn't frustrate me.
Great post because I feel you at 61. But I kind of wish it would still frustrate me:(

Reaction Score
But it would be nice, wouldn't it? :)

I'm sure Hurley will give a little more information at the media availability before the Indiana game. Which I'm guessing is today since they're probably heading to NYC tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately this is what I feared this season. The Injury Gods absolutely blessed us last season, but it looks like our incredible injury luck has run out.

Reaction Score
Solo Ball, Jaylin Stewart and Jayden Ross are ideally gonna be core contributors for the future of the program, getting them experience will be great, wish they were more ready to contribute but let’s see what they can do. Play hard, play loose, be positive.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This is the difference between college kids and pro athletes. More lawyers…….

The NFL routinely looks into matters of compliance with its injury report policy, and violations could result in team fines or lost draft picks. The league had warned teams at the spring owners meetings that they were required to list all injuries.

Apparently Joe B was wearing a soft cast on his right wrist on Wednesday but did not make the injury list. Now we know in less than 24 hours he is out for the year with a torn ligament in his wrist.

Reaction Score
I still can’t get over that Castle was warming up before MVSU. Or was that a lie?

Reaction Score
Very bad news. Goodbye any chance for #6. He probably had significant ligament damage, but not enough for immediate surgery.

We've seen this story before. Castle will try to come back in January or February and won't be anywhere near the player he was. Then, they'll just shut him down the rest of the year.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
The NFL and every other fan supported league diagrees.
They have collectively bargained agreements between the owners and players union.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately this is what I feared this season. The Injury Gods absolutely blessed us last season, but it looks like our incredible injury luck has run out.
Was that really such incredible injury luck? I think we got so used to our teams being injured all the time that when we finally had a relatively healthy season people think it was abnormal. The amount of injuries we had for like a 6 year stretch was abnormal, IMO.

Reaction Score
I can’t blame any team for hiding an injury report as long as they don’t lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom