Castle injury update | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Castle injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This aligns with information that's trickled from other folks who have actual connections.

• Dauster's pod today estimates a ~2-4 week timeline, with a projected return possibly for Gonzaga, more likely for conference play.
  • Donovan's dad was on Spaces the other night after the MVSU game and indicated the team was not concerned that this is a long-term injury.
Even if not long term still a concern. Losing any Quad 1 games will be tough on our seeding and whos to say he comes back and is himself. Plus he has only played 2 college games against poor teams. Freshman regardless of how good takes time to adjust and he will be playing against top comp in the BE.

Reaction Score
We are not entitled to the information just because we're fans.
Look we aren't entitled to the information, especially when it's about a kid who's expected to be a lottery pick. The wrong statement can actually have an impact on the kids career.

That being said, Hurley is still really bad with how he communicates injuries to the fanbase. The player almost always has a more serious issue than what he says and they rarely come back during the given timeline. It's frustrating. It's not the end of the world and fans have to deal with being frustrated sometimes but he could do a better job.

Reaction Score
Selfishly I thought something similar. Even if he comes back for 5-10 games is that enough a body of work to enter the draft? Look at a guy like Bouknight who clearly wasn’t ready.
If he only comes back for 5 games that’d be a disaster. He’d have to slowly work his way back too and get acclimated to the offense which he was trying to do already

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If he only comes back for 5 games that’d be a disaster. He’d have to slowly work his way back too and get acclimated to the offense which he was trying to do already
Yup, that can take some time. Especially after a knee.

It took Andre awhile to get back into the swing of things and he had a wrist injury as a captain.

Reaction Score
Karaban has shown the ability as has Came Spencer. No one could last year outside of Newton either and we see how that worked out
agree with the first part but last year AJ could create for others and Sanogo could get a bucket in the post whenever we needed.

Reaction Score
But a timeline of his return has nothing to do with telling us what the injury is. How about "the doctor says typical recovery time for this injury is 3 to 5 weeks." Or whatever the doctor said. Fans deserve that. Thinking we don't is pure idiocy.
He could give us something more at least, all we got is that it’s probably not season ending which really gives us nothing.

Reaction Score
Minor procedure...For a knee with a 2-4 week recovery...Meniscus shaving? Is there any other? obviously completely speculative but what you think.... @giddyup
Hanging chad. Long term (35 years) arthritis in the knee.

Reaction Score
“Does not APPEAR to be season ending?” . That got bad quick. Here I am thinking he’s gonna play Sunday.
No doubt. He looked like he had a cold on the sideline vs a “not season ending knee injury.”

Reaction Score
If that is accurate that is great news. Sounds like the MRI revealed some type of strain. I am doubting the comment about “minor procedure”. That had to be the MRI.

This is just one of many reasons why HIPAA was implemented. Someone "knows something" about someone else's health, talks to some one else. They tell someone else...

Next thing you know, Joe's common pimple turns into "Joe has skin cancer"

Reaction Score
He could give us something more at least, all we got is that it’s probably not season ending which really gives us nothing.
It gives us that it's not season ending which is important information.

Reaction Score
Solo Ball just might bust out sooner. I was rewatching the first half of MVU on TV; I attended the XL for the game, and watching on TV is different, so what jumped out was Solo has the green light to score the ball. He was very aggressive with his possessions, taking it to the rim, shooting 3's, and even a pull-up jumper in the lane. Starting and with more minutes, when he gets confident and comfortable out there these next few games, look out.
You may be right, but not as fast as Dual Ball would bust out.

Reaction Score
Maybe the procedure was the MRI……but that means they waited three to four days to have it completed. Trying to be optimistic maybe it is only a minor strain or sprain and it’s only a few weeks.
With Azzi's knee injury, they specifically mentioned needing to wait a few days for inflammation to subside before MRI imaging. It's fairly standard.

Reaction Score
You may be right, but not as fast as Dual Ball would bust out.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
With Azzi's knee injury, they specifically mentioned needing to wait a few days for inflammation to subside before MRI imaging. It's fairly standard.
Really hope it's relatively minor for her. It's insane how female athletes wreck their knees constantly.

Reaction Score
I don’t see this as a doomsday. I think we’re good enough to be okay through this injury. Newton, Ball, Spencer, Karaban, Clingan is still formidable. There is 1 game on this OOC that scares me. And that at Phogg Allen. Before the Castle injury I thought wed go 9-2. And call me crazy but I still think that’s more than possible. I call 8-3 top 15 team come BE play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom