Caroline Ducharme appears to have undergone hip surgery | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme appears to have undergone hip surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a Mastiff just like Lola, 213 pounds, the most stubborn dog I've ever had. If he doesn't want to come, or go, he won't. I wish the best to Caroline, so get well soon. She seems to be in good spirits, just having your second family for support really helps.
how do you think she got that hip injury?..........Woof!!.....;):)

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Two things:
1. We were very, very lucky with injuries in the four years between Stewie and Paige. If you look across basketball at that time, plenty of players were getting injured, UConn just managed to dodge most of the big ones. If Phee, Lou, Megan, or Crystal would have sustained a major injury during those years, things would have gotten dire (melodramatic, I know).
2. Until relatively recently, I feel like UConn hasn't made a comment about players having surgery in the off-season until the pre-season. "xxx had surgery to clean up yyy in May, and she's moving a lot better now." With good ole social media, I think programs feel the need to clear it up before someone takes the "Caroline had a full hip replacement!" bait and runs with it.

Reaction Score

Good to hear. I believe we (UConn) have the best strength and conditioning staff members in all of WBB programs. Plus, these days programs, personal doctors, parents, and players are so connected in terms of looking out for the best interest of the player, that I have no doubt that Caroline will be back and ready to play in the Fall.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Here's a UConn women's basketball merchandising idea. Clothing that has scars for each players injuries/surgeries since 1995. I don't imagine a full body suit selling well, other that to our outlier loonies, but shirts, shorts, pants, socks.... I might be tempted. Or maybe just a t-shirt or sweatshirt with a full-body silhouette, white scars and lines with a name and date for each scar. I'd wear that. Maybe a nice pithy headline. That would sell.

Reaction Score
Dang is there not 1 player who's playing injury free right now in storrs ?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Dang is there not 1 player who's playing injury free right now in storrs ?
I am guessing that you are asking about the lacrosse, baseball and softball players that are playing right now.:):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Two things:
1. We were very, very lucky with injuries in the four years between Stewie and Paige. If you look across basketball at that time, plenty of players were getting injured, UConn just managed to dodge most of the big ones. If Phee, Lou, Megan, or Crystal would have sustained a major injury during those years, things would have gotten dire (melodramatic, I know).
2. Until relatively recently, I feel like UConn hasn't made a comment about players having surgery in the off-season until the pre-season. "xxx had surgery to clean up yyy in May, and she's moving a lot better now." With good ole social media, I think programs feel the need to clear it up before someone takes the "Caroline had a full hip replacement!" bait and runs with it.
Even if she had a full hip replacement, I’d be confident she would be ready by fall. She’s young and takes rehab seriously. No worries.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A few more pictures. Azzi as caroline's room mate (I think) the mad photographer

Reaction Score
Pretty sure I remember an article about her having this injury, and for the most part, could be managed with therapy, etc, but perhaps it was just better to get it fixed.
Having played through various injuries in several sports, I have to respect the job Caroline did this year. Likely she had pain through much of the season and still played at full speed every game. With UConn #2 in the nation despite injuries to most of our starting five, I would not wamt to play a healthy team in 2022-23.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, our team looked more like a MASH unit than a basketball team this past season. No doubt the two players that played in every game had some nicks and bruises too.

Our team has got to fair better health wise next year. No team can can suffer that many injuries in back to back seasons. I’m looking for team improvement in several areas next season. Team health and fitness is at the top of the list. Get well soon Caroline.

Reaction Score
so 40% of the starting lineup is out with surgery and not even May. Did the price of the 2016 ntl title come at a cost? What deal was made for Uconn to be this cursed?

Reaction Score
I don't know how Caroline was able to play so well with such an injury. She seemed to have great stamina and was as active as any player. If she played that well injured I have no idea how she did it. I always found it extremely hard to play with any sort of injury.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Caroline isn’t the first, or even second, Husky to come to college with an old injury. Why not let the entire UConn orthopedic department take care of the injury, rehab, and follow up?

Reaction Score
Caroline isn’t the first, or even second, Husky to come to college with an old injury. Why not let the entire UConn orthopedic department take care of the injury, rehab, and follow up?

Didn’t Paige have nagging ankle issues from high school?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For most athletes who play physical sports in college, by the time they get to the end of the season, they will inevitably be banged up in one way or another. Whether the injury is something they lived with in HS or something brand new they developed in college, playing college sports is hard mentally and physically.

For some college athletes, a couple weeks of rest and downtime is all that’s needed to recuperate. For others, a more intense rehab program is required to return to normal. But for many, post season surgery is the best option.

UConn WBB has a pretty good track record when it comes to post season surgery. Gabby, Pheesa, Lou, Crystal, Paige, to name a few, have all come back successfully from post season surgery. I have no doubt that Caroline will be back next season, better than ever.

Reaction Score
Wishing Caroline a speedy recovery!
C83B8EBD-979B-42AC-9873-C48FE6B426B5.jpeg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have to confess this line gave me a shiver. She was already awesome this season even with the injury. I can hardly wait for November!
I thought that the 2021-2022 team had the best chance of winning the championship because of its depth and experience. Little did I know the team would suffer the myriad of season long injuries it did.

UConn Nation is looking forward to a season free of major injuries allowing our players to perform at maximum efficiency throughout the year. I’m very interested to see what a completely healthy Azzi, Paige, Caroline, Aubrey, Ice and Ayanna can do. The potential for the 2022-2023 team is off the charts.

No projects on this team. Every player from one end of the bench to the other can play. Lots of options for Geno this year.

We know that all of the teams on this year's schedule will have improved their rosters this summer. That's a good thing. We want every team we play to give us their very best. We know Geno as always will schedule the most challenging preseason schedule possible.

It would be nice if Xavier, Georgetown and Butler would improve their rosters to the point of being competitive, at least for a half. Looking for a return to normalcy without any postponements or cancellations.

Last edited:

sun

Reaction Score
I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and ask why is she being called Carol?
That's reportedly what some of her friends call her, and possibly including Geno.
Maybe she considers that to be her nickname since it's a short form of Caroline.
It's not as if her friends are strangers like the members of the BY are.

If a person's name was Richard, you can imagine what some of the other nicknames are they he would ask people to call him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom