Carnage today in WCBB top 15... should lock up a 2 seed for UConn, as long as we take care of business. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Carnage today in WCBB top 15... should lock up a 2 seed for UConn, as long as we take care of business.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Perhaps the AAC, ACC, and AEC (america east conference) are all down
How about D1 WBB is down this year. No really dominant teams. It may be the elusive parity and if so it is temporary. But if a mediocre UConn team is really the 6th best team in the country, it's a weak year overall.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I want to see the 5 starters clicking on all cylinders for the Tournaments! For 4 weekends the offense is in sync and they're playing there best ball of the year. Megan hitting 23 a game, Christyn ave 18 a game shooting 54 % from the field, Olivia averaging 14pts, 10rbs and 5 blocks, Ania pitching in with 10pts, 6rbs, 5 ast, Aubrey with 8pts, 8rbs, 2 blocks 4 steals with numerous deflections and next the Captain comes out and puts on her Cape and ave 26 a game with 7 assist. But it was the 3 game winners in a row that she hits to lead Uconn to their 12th National Championship!!! The 3 buzzer beaters were in order Oregon E8, Baylor FF semi-finals and South Carolina for the NC!!! We have seen it done on the Mens side twice 2011 & 2014! It's the Womens turn this year!!!

I agree with your take on the 5 starters!!! I made a similar statement about 3 weeks ago. The day before the Oregon game. A poster and a mod disagreed. Basically they told me I was full of of it, and the starters didn't necessarily have to play well for them to win. I was prophetic. Only 2 of the starters played well. You know what happened. We got out played, out hustled and beaten on Connecticut soil. The Ducks made it look easy. Be careful when you make statements like that. You could receive some ire and push-back from a few fans that think they are more knowledgeable than you. :confused:

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
How about D1 WBB is down this year. No really dominant teams. It may be the elusive parity and if so it is temporary. But if a mediocre UConn team is really the 6th best team in the country, it's a weak year overall.
I believe D1 WBB is down when there is one or two dominant teams. There are more teams with really good players today, some who were not highly ranked in high school, some who are outplaying some of the players who were highly rated. The talent is spread around this season which makes for more good teams. Also, I don't think UConn is the sixth best team this season. I will change that opinion if CW starts playing like she did in last year's post season. If that happens, then I believe UConn is one of the top four teams in the country.

Reaction Score
I agree with your take in the 5 starters. I made a similar statement about 3 weeks ago, and had a poster and a mod disagree. Be careful when you make statements like that. You could receive some ire from a few fans that think they are more knowledgeable than you.
Thank you Carnac!

Reaction Score
The die is pretty well cast here. Assuming UConn wins out, they will likely be the final #1 seed, or one of the four #2 seeds. So what UConn is looking for is the #1 or #2 seed in Ft Wayne which in all likelihood puts off a rematch with the top 3 teams until the FF.

Make no mistake, getting back to a 13th straight FF will be no easy task. UConn should hold serve during the 1st & 2nd rounds in Storrs, and then they will most certainly face some very good teams in the regional.

As a basketball fan, am hoping the UConn goes to Portland. If the Ducks are there, every game will be sold to capacity at more than 20,000 but it would be great to have the Huskies there. Fans would be very excited and it will be a great atmosphere for all the teams. Understand the logic of trying to avoid being in the same region as SC, Baylor and Oregon but if it does not happen, hoping that the Huskies get sent west.

Reaction Score
As much as the FW region is considered the easiest path to the FF for UConn I am of the opinion that if you are good enough to win it all then you shouldn't be concerned about the path you take. No one wishes themselves to the national title. Not sure but it may have been Billy Jack who said that if you are forced into a bar fight pick the biggest guy and get in the first punch. I'd much rather see UConn lose to the eventual champion than to some half-baked team like Maryland.

Reaction Score
Wherever UConn goes as a 2 it's who will be the 3 that more important than who is the 1. If UConn wins the S16 they will be in a position they aren't used to being in, that of the underdog who has nothing to lose against a big favorite. Remember Dayton? Remember Louisville vs Baylor/Griner in the S16?. No one appears unbeatable this year and playing in an E8 game when you are the overwhelming favorite can be the biggest trap game of all.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I believe D1 WBB is down when there is one or two dominant teams. There are more teams with really good players today, some who were not highly ranked in high school, some who are outplaying some of the players who were highly rated. The talent is spread around this season which makes for more good teams. Also, I don't think UConn is the sixth best team this season. I will change that opinion if CW starts playing like she did in last year's post season. If that happens, then I believe UConn is one of the top four teams in the country.

I was thoroughly impressed with the 6-3 junior Masseny Kaba from UCF this past Saturday. She posted 14/12, and was very consistent around the basket. I just checked, she was not listed in the top 100 in the class of 2017 (Megan Walker's class). In fact UCF did not have a commit in the top 100 in that class. This is the case with most of the teams in the AAC. They rarely get the best players from a class, but as you say, some of them turn out to be hidden gems that shine brightly after a little polish is applied. UConn wound up with the top two in that class, Megan Walker and Evina Westbrook.

Reaction Score
I think most fans have resigned themselves to the notion that, if UConn continues to play
as they have, the regional final (Elite 8) is about as far as we can expect them to go.

In Charlie Creme's latest bracketology, he has UConn in Portland with Oregon. The good
news is that the 3 seed is Iowa, probably the weakest of the 3's, which would improve our
chances of getting to the regional final.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well I thought we were a top 4 seed. IMO we are. We have the talent. With that said in the post season we need to depend on CD and MW. Theyre are upper classman. Liv has come on and we need her to stay out of foul trouble and score double digets. Between CW and Anna we need at a minimum 20 pts combined. Our defense can take care of the rest.

What we havent done enough this season is have have 4 scorers in double figures. We need that to get to the FF. We need that in the post season. Our freshman need to play like seasoned sophs and our sophs need to play like seasoned juniors. CD and Meg need to take over when needed.

Again we can do that because we do have the talent and many other teams dont have our talent and a couple of those teams are ranked ahead of us in the polls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom