Cardoso Visit? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Cardoso Visit?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Maybe I missed something earlier, but is Keisha Hunt perhaps the mother or some other relative of Treasure Hunt?

Her mom. She's the one who originally told South Carolina media that UConn was one of the schools Cardoso was going to visit, and now she's the one putting the kibosh on that.

Reaction Score
Once we all learn the proper Brazilian spelling of Brasil, we might even consider
learning to stop mangling the young lady's last name, which is not "Cardosa".

It's ok to call her Kamilla Soares, or Kamilla Soares Cardoso Silva, or, to keep it simple for us folk who are not accustomed to last names with both matronymic and patronymic components, Kamilla Cardoso.

If you think this is much ado about nothing, consider your own likely reaction when a TN fan calls our coach "Gino" or "Auriemo".
Look, as to the spelling of Brasíl, Brazil virtually every country has a spelling in their own language. I am more troubled by cities that are spelled the same in their language as in English. For example, virtually no one pronounces Istanbul correctly.

Reaction Score
This was on my twitter feed CC86F27E-8DF2-4C39-91CC-49F4EC13FC7C.png

Reaction Score
I’d like to know who is saying that.

If it doesn’t show up on the BY, is it really a rumor? Or just armchair speculation...?

No idea. Don’t know who the person is

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is Kiki advising Kamilla for Kamilla's benefit or for Treasure Hunt's benefit?
It is very precarious to assume Kiki is the one advising Kamilla not to visit UCONN. Just don't see what Kiki would have to gain by advising her this way. Geno went to see Kamilla play several months back at her High school where Kiki is the coach. She's not visiting or coming to UCONN that's all we know.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It is very precarious to assume Kiki is the one advising Kamilla not to visit UCONN. Just don't see what Kiki would have to gain by advising her this way. Geno went to see Kamilla play several months back at her High school where Kiki is the coach. She's not visiting or coming to UCONN that's all we know.
It seems as if Kiki is in a position to offer her own daughter, Treasure, as part of a package deal with Kamilla. Since Geno doesn't do package deals, she wouldn't be interested in UConn. I'm not saying this is the case, but it appears as if it could be. I hope Kiki is looking out for Kamila as well as Treasure, but I wonder.

Reaction Score
Not at all...

It seems as if Kiki is in a position to offer her own daughter, Treasure, as part of a package deal with Kamilla. Since Geno doesn't do package deals, she wouldn't be interested in UConn. I'm not saying this is the case, but it appears as if it could be. I hope Kiki is looking out for Kamila as well as Treasure, but I wonder.
If Treasure’s MSU visit has been cancelled as has been rumored (MSU is not looking for another G/W), then the only school both are considering is South Carolina. This has nothing to do with them being a “package deal” or else the lists would be far more similar.

Treasure is a terrific player and does not need to become a “package deal” with Kamilla.

Reaction Score
If Treasure’s MSU visit has been cancelled as has been rumored (MSU is not looking for another G/W), then the only school both are considering is South Carolina. This has nothing to do with them being a “package deal” or else the lists would be far more similar.

Treasure is a terrific player and does not need to become a “package deal” with Kamilla.
I also understand that with M Hayes’s commitment Mississippi State is not looking at another wing. Therefore I doubt T Hunt takes the visit. I agree with your assessment too. I have also not heard anything regarding K Cardosa and T Hunt being a package deal. If they end up at the same school then I think it is because they both felt it was the best place for them individually.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I also understand that with M Hayes’s commitment Mississippi State is not looking at another wing. Therefore I doubt T Hunt takes the visit. I agree with your assessment too. I have also not heard anything regarding K Cardosa and T Hunt being a package deal. If they end up at the same school then I think it is because they both felt it was the best place for them individually.
I definitely heard during the summer that Treasure Hunt was part of a package deal. I think it was with Kamila. I don't recall the source, but it was on the Boneyard. At the time, I had no idea that Treasure's mother coached both of them.

Reaction Score

According to Raoul, Hunt is scheduled to visit Miss St. this coming weekend; Cardoso, Syracuse

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
According to Raoul, Hunt is scheduled to visit Miss St. this coming weekend; Cardoso, Syracuse
The visit to the Cuse is just one more indication that UConn has backed off Cardoso while she continues her efforts to qualify for an NCAA scholarship.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm very uncomfortable about the implications of this and your prior post regarding Kiki. It is borderline character assignation by innuendo as best practiced on that orange board. I just don't see where the interest of Treasure have to be linked to the interest of Kamilla and a competent coach& parent could not look out for both without conflict. Mr. Fudd seems to be managing these tasks competently.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm very uncomfortable about the implications of this and your prior post regarding Kiki. It is borderline character assignation by innuendo as best practiced on that orange board. I just don't see where the interest of Treasure have to be linked to the interest of Kamilla and a competent coach& parent could not look out for both without conflict. Mr. Fudd seems to be managing these tasks competently.
It seems that they are looking at different schools to some degree. I'm relieved about that. I didn't like the combination of (1) a package deal, which I did see reported, either as fact or as rumor, and (2) a coach shopping her daughter and another player, whose English and knowledge of U.S. recruiting may be limited, as a package, because it presented the possibility for conflict of interest. Now it seems as if that is not the case. I know nothing about Kiki Hunt, but the potential for an awkward situation was there if both facts had been true.

I'm rather sure that Tim Fudd is not looking for a package deal of Azzi and another SJC player, so I don't know why you bring him up.

Reaction Score
It seems that they are looking at different schools to some degree. I'm relieved about that. I didn't like the combination of (1) a package deal, which I did see reported, either as fact or as rumor, and (2) a coach shopping her daughter and another player, whose English and knowledge of U.S. recruiting may be limited, as a package, because it presented the possibility for conflict of interest. Now it seems as if that is not the case. I know nothing about Kiki Hunt, but the potential for an awkward situation was there if both facts had been true.

I'm rather sure that Tim Fudd is not looking for a package deal of Azzi and another SJC player, so I don't know why you bring him up.
Just to be clear, the elder Hunt's supposed malfeasance is based on 1) a hitherto unheard of UConn fan's tweet 2) some prior BY post alleging the aforementioned packaging- but hey it was posted on the Yard!
Got it...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just to be clear, the elder Hunt's supposed malfeasance is based on 1) a hitherto unheard of UConn fan's tweet 2) some prior BY post alleging the aforementioned packaging- but hey it was posted on the Yard!
Got it...
Potentail malfeasance.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure all this hand wringing is worth the trouble....................Cardoso is going to be a nice get for somebody and I'd be very happy if UConn was her final destination but I'm not so convinced she is going to be the dominant force many predict..................I certainly wouldn't trade her for ONO....................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm not sure all this hand wringing is worth the trouble.....Cardoso is going to be a nice get for somebody and I'd be very happy if UConn was her final destination but I'm not so convinced she is going to be the dominant force many predict...I certainly wouldn't trade her for ONO.....

Can't see future results, but Cardoso is ranked #1 ahead of PB at ASGR and PBR, 2nd at Blue Star, 4th at PN, and 5th at ESPN.

IOW, a lot of people are extremely high on her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom