Cardoso to transfer[merged thread] | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Cardoso to transfer[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Women's College Hoops is starting to look like the NBA teams. All the good players on a handful of teams.

Wouldn't surprise me if Cardosa stays in the ACC.. Either Louisville or Duke.
Duke is loading up, I think the Jackson kid from USC might be headed to Durham.

Reaction Score
Then let's stop pretending these are students. They are simply semi-pro athletes looking for the best deal at any given moment.
It doesn't have to be either/or. A person can be both a serious student and an athlete who seeks to optimize her chances of going pro.

Reaction Score
Then let's stop pretending these are students. They are simply semi-pro athletes looking for the best deal at any given moment.

Perhaps. But if we consider them students, shouldn't they enjoy the same rights of their fellow students? And that would include the right to change schools without being penalized for doing so.

Reaction Score
I think the trickle down effects of all these transfers matters. Things like commitment, security, development, team culture, coach player rteam chemistry, academics, life etc.

Reaction Score
I agree I’ve always thought Liv 2.0 when watching DeBerry highlights, another 6’5 jump shooter, she also looks up to Stewie if I’m not mistaken.
yes i agree in my limited view of DeBerry but hopefully she can be more consistent overall than Liv.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The ONLY concern I have is about chemistry. It was reported that when Juhasz chose UCONN, only 2 players congratulated and welcomed her in IG - Anna and Nika. I think Saylor did shortly thereafter. I have no idea why the other players were less than enthusiastic (as it appeared - I'm not speaking factually as I have no inside knowledge) - there are numerous possible reasons - they were surprised it happened so fast, maybe some post players saw it as not necessary (in their eyes), etc.

But it was odd that on a team that is so "social-media" focused, no one besides our 2 foreign players welcomed her. I'm encouraged to see more players following Cardoso and vice versa.

Having said that about the chemistry, I am, and have always been, of the opinion that more is better. More talent, more size, more skill, more options. If she comes, it will be a HUGE roster filled with talented players. The best players who practice hard and perform the best in games will get the most PT, especially in big games. If anyone can't "get over the hump" to earn the PT they want or think they deserve, then they will have options.

I'm not advocating that anyone will, or should, leave. However, on a team with so much talent at so many positions, it's a reality. I hope everyone has, and continues, to buy in to the "team first" concept. It's all about winning NC's at UCONN (as well as developing student-athletes in to great people and great players), so anything that Geno can do to make that more likely, I'm 100% behind.

My last thought - UCONN does not "need" Cardoso to offset Betts. We have 6'5" Deberry. Brady is 6'3"-6'4", and much stronger. 2" on Deberry is not a game changer. Obviously it will depend how they develop. But I somehow get the impression that some feel Stanford will be unbeatable with Betts. How did that work out for Baylor and Griner?

Having said that, 6'7" does not grow on trees. It's very uncommon, especially for that 6'7" player to be mobile, relatively athletic, have good hands, and already have good shot blocking instincts (not the tomahawk chop), as well as the ability to keep the ball high when receiving it and not bringing it down so it can be stripped. I would be over the moon if we land her.

Reaction Score
And it can’t be denied that Liv blocks shots and runs the court really well so she’s more than capable of that exact play and she have made that already.
Thank you for your post. I strongly agree. I was just too lazy to respond to the original poster who had apparently overlooked Liv's significant athleticism for a big.

Reaction Score
Maybe you are right but from what I have seen, which isn't a lot, Deberry cant bang down low. Cardosa will allow her to not do this and make her even better. It is a potential ridiculous abundance of talent on the inside to go with an ridiculous amount of talent at guard and wing. If we get her, Mickey Mouse could coach us to the finals for the next 3-4 years.
Whether Deberry can/will bang down low remains an unknown. She has a wider frame than Liv, and is still filling out. Not mention she hasn't yet had the benefit of college strength and conditioning work.

Reaction Score
That's not correct. NCAA players for all sports have until 1 July 2021 to make a decision to transfer. Coaching changes or loss of scholarship have nothing to do with it. If you are transferring for the first time you will be immediately eligible to play at the new school. If you are transferring for a second time and have completed your degree you are immediately eligible under the graduate transfer provision. The rules are unclear if a player is transferring for the second time and have not completed a degree, but mostly like a transfer waiver request will need to be submitted.

I think you know this, but it might not be clear to others. Players have until July 1st to notify their school they plan to transfer. However they do not have to choose their new school by this date.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Late last night after reading these posts about Kamilla Cardoso entering the portal and has thoughts of transferring to UCONN or Auburn, I had a mental "light go on" I'd like to present it to the BY hounds barking at the door how this isn't fair to the present roster, etc.
If my information is correct Kamilla's last 2 colleges on her list to attend were UCONN & Syracuse!
She choose Syracuse!
But let's say that last year she choose UCONN instead. What is the difference to UCONN's present roster of players if she choose UCONN 1 year ago or this year?
The players, especially the BIGS, would have had to deal with her to earn playing time then or now!
The decision is just one year later! And Kamilla would still have her 4 years of eligibility!
So in reality these players now on the UCONN's roster are in the same boat they might have been in a year ago!
NO GRIPES! Some of the players may not think of this and are upset but they really have no gripe!
The program should greet her with open arms, as Kamilla can only help UCONN toward it's goal of multiple National Championships!
I'd love to hear from the NAY SAYERS on my theory!
Not a "naysayer" just some additional stipulations regarding Cardoso's recruitment & timeline of commitments which might have led to an entirely different UCONN roster.
UCONN Commitments:
Mir McLean, June 2019​
Isuneh Brady December 2019​
Piath Gabriel September 2019​
Aaliyah Edwards October 2019​
Amari DeBerry November 2019​
Cardoso commitment to Syracuse was November 2019.
UCONN was very much in on recruiting Cardoso, Geno went to see her play at her High school. In the fall of 2019 UCONN could not get a commitment from Cardoso to make an official visit to Storrs.
There was also an ESPN article indicating that Cardoso had not secure the SAT or ACT score require to be eligible as a freshman. Likely based on those two factors UCONN decided to move on from Cardoso and Piath Gabriel was the next post commitment for UCONN. The next few month would result in Aaliyah, Amari and Ice signing up. A Cardoso visit to UCONN and commitment in fall of 2019 might have changed the roster significantly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Eligible for WNBA draft year she turns 22. Born April 2001, so 2023.
So practically 2 years with her ? She does not fall under any other WNBA Eligibility rules being a foreigner right ?

Reaction Score
The ONLY concern I have is about chemistry. It was reported that when Juhasz chose UCONN, only 2 players congratulated and welcomed her in IG - Anna and Nika. I think Saylor did shortly thereafter. I have no idea why the other players were less than enthusiastic (as it appeared - I'm not speaking factually as I have no inside knowledge) - there are numerous possible reasons - they were surprised it happened so fast, maybe some post players saw it as not necessary (in their eyes), etc.

But it was odd that on a team that is so "social-media" focused, no one besides our 2 foreign players welcomed her. I'm encouraged to see more players following Cardoso and vice versa.

Having said that about the chemistry, I am, and have always been, of the opinion that more is better. More talent, more size, more skill, more options. If she comes, it will be a HUGE roster filled with talented players. The best players who practice hard and perform the best in games will get the most PT, especially in big games. If anyone can't "get over the hump" to earn the PT they want or think they deserve, then they will have options.

I'm not advocating that anyone will, or should, leave. However, on a team with so much talent at so many positions, it's a reality. I hope everyone has, and continues, to buy in to the "team first" concept. It's all about winning NC's at UCONN (as well as developing student-athletes in to great people and great players), so anything that Geno can do to make that more likely, I'm 100% behind.

My last thought - UCONN does not "need" Cardoso to offset Betts. We have 6'5" Deberry. Brady is 6'3"-6'4", and much stronger. 2" on Deberry is not a game changer. Obviously it will depend how they develop. But I somehow get the impression that some feel Stanford will be unbeatable with Betts. How did that work out for Baylor and Griner?

Having said that, 6'7" does not grow on trees. It's very uncommon, especially for that 6'7" player to be mobile, relatively athletic, have good hands, and already have good shot blocking instincts (not the tomahawk chop), as well as the ability to keep the ball high when receiving it and not bringing it down so it can be stripped. I would be over the moon if we land her.
hmmm.... maybe there is something there with no other players welcoming her on social media, especially these days where they spend half the day on social media.

Reaction Score
hmmm.... maybe there is something there with no other players welcoming her on social media, especially these days where they spend half the day on social media.
As The World Turns..lol...imagine a group of girls/women not inviting someone into their club. Has that ever happened?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If Geno can get a 6’7” post that was ranked #5 coming out of high school and keep her for 4 years, why are we worrying about future recruits? A bird in the hand....
Recruits who have committed but not yet signed, such as Brady. She is the only one I wonder about.

Reaction Score

EricLA, why would you even want to go there? In my estimation it is specious speculation that is way premature and serves no good purpose. You are essentially throwing shade on those that didn't post on Instagram.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Kamilla can play the pick and roll well, Tiana who led the nation in assists, got a lot of them feeding Kamilla. Paige would have a field day with that play, try to pick your poison on the screen.

Reaction Score
That’s ridiculous. Not everything goes on social media. They could have easily sent her a message or text and said congrats whatever...privately. No one knows what actually goes on behind closed doors, so it’s totally not fair to make an assumption that they aren’t enthusiastic or feel any type of way based on no public reaction.

Reaction Score
That’s ridiculous. Not everything goes on social media. They could have easily sent her a message or text and said congrats whatever...privately. No one knows what actually goes on behind closed doors, so it’s totally not fair to make an assumption that they aren’t enthusiastic or feel any type of way based on no public reaction.
Exactly! Thank you.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It’s silly time on Boneyard. Sounds like middle school

“Mary didn’t invite Sally to sit with her at lunch today!”
”Wow, are they fighting?”
”They must be. It probably has something to do with her boyfriend”
”Sally is trying to steal Mary’s boyfriend? I have to tell Jane!”

It’s been a long time since middle school. I don’t miss it one bit

Reaction Score
guys we want her to win but don't forgot that de have deberry ....if she came to uconn or not...we could win it alll ....and Im shore she will not came to uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom