Cardoso to SC | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Cardoso to SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We will beat SC and EVERYONE else next year. SC Stanford and Maryland will be tough outs, but we go undefeated next year. Williams is not having it. You heard it here first. Different look to her during the tournament, the light went on for her and I saw a toughness come with it. SC will be able to bully us a little down low, but that rarely carries them through the entire game because we’ve some some studs down there too. For one AE gave Boston trouble the last time we played them with no help. Liv may or may not need help on Cardoso we will see. But maybe with Aubrey helping off of her player can work because SC needs to address their shooting woes, until then they WONT beat us.

Reaction Score
I was saving you. You said that Ono matches up with Cardozo. She couldn't guard Cardozo with help.
I don’t need saving from my own opinion. Thanks and I said match up DECENTLY. That’s not me saying Liv is by far the better matchup. I’m saying that we aren’t as far off as some think we may be.
Cardoso played 23 minutes managing 12 points, 7 rebounds. Liv played 31 minutes with 17 points, 8 rebounds. Both had 4 fouls. So I don’t know why you’re acting like Cardoso went off? To me that’s a pretty even matchup, I would definitely give Cardoso the overall edge.
I still think we match up with them (SC) fine, why are you under the impression we don’t? Instead of trying to attack my opinion, why don’t you share your own! Lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Disaster. No way to sugar-coat this. Cardosa would have provided the 1 element that Geno has been missing the last several years without a Title - a Big that provides consistent defense pressure, a rim protector & can score in multiple ways including posting up. You can't coach 6'7" defensive players of the years who can score - and she has 4 years of eligibility to make it worse.

SC was basically a missed lapup at the buzzer to win the Title last year. Now, you add Cardosa & a Top 2 recruiting class to a very talented & physical team that has Boston.

Yes, UConn gets Azzi & some potential shooters coming in. But again, the team is NOT balanced. Too much finesse, perimeter players & not enough Bigs & defensive presence.

SC has to be the Favorite next year.

I wonder if Dorka had anything to do w/Cordosa's decision?? In any event, the "Portal" rules may have just sunk Geno. I'm afraid it could be more FFs but no Titles for UConn for years to come.
Thanks for the chuckle.

Reaction Score
UConn gets guards, bigs go elsewhere. The face of the game is changing. I don’t even think Griner is a great player, a good player to be sure, but with her height she gets easy points. Cardosa to SC signals the bad for basketball home is moving 800 miles or so South.

Reaction Score
You may favor UCONN but I don't understand why. Olivia is outclassed by both Boston and Cardosa, and Cardosa will get better, fast, under the SC coaching. And she is far too tall for Edwards. Their guards are quick and great shooters.... Azzi has not yet attended a practice. . We have no clue how the incoming class will blend with the current players, or how Geno will use them. If your proclamation is to become true, our new 'Big" ( DeBerry) better be great from moment one. And I mean great. And we didn't see that even with Tina Charles. I think South Carolina has to be the number one team now.
I think you’re underselling our team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Every day and twice on Sunday's. Just watch her from last year.
Thanks. Did a lot of watching of both. AE excelled in track, specifically the triple jump. AE without a doubt can out-sprint her and possesses better endurance. But that is to be expected when comparing 6'7" to 6'3".
To be continued. I look forward turning up more supports.

Reaction Score
Disaster. No way to sugar-coat this. Cardosa would have provided the 1 element that Geno has been missing the last several years without a Title - a Big that provides consistent defense pressure, a rim protector & can score in multiple ways including posting up. You can't coach 6'7" defensive players of the years who can score - and she has 4 years of eligibility to make it worse.

SC was basically a missed lapup at the buzzer to win the Title last year. Now, you add Cardosa & a Top 2 recruiting class to a very talented & physical team that has Boston.

Yes, UConn gets Azzi & some potential shooters coming in. But again, the team is NOT balanced. Too much finesse, perimeter players & not enough Bigs & defensive presence.

I wonder if Dorka had anything to do w/Cordosa's decision?? In any event, the "Portal" rules may have just sunk Geno. I'm afraid it could be more FFs but no Titles for UConn for years to come.
Henny Penny

Reaction Score
Awesome, absolutely love it.

Boston:
1) Big and Ponderous
2) Knees - very frail
3) Had to be subbed out for defensive reasons
4) Not able to run the floor
5) No Stamina

Cardosa:
1) Big and Lumbering
2) A major project
3) Not BB savvy

Need I go on?

All knowledgeable UCONN fans should love this.

Kamilla is not big and lumbering, if you watched more the one of her games you would know that. Uconn will have a great team next year, but Kamilla will be better in 2 years then Boston ever was. By the time she leaves South Carolina fans will be talking about Kamilla in the same way they talk about A'ja.

Reaction Score

Wait! You're not the same guy who always adds "we're doomed!" just posting under another name?

Reaction Score
And I believe that the best transfer prospect in transfer portal was and is Cardoso…as she will have immediate impact….Dorka is in top 5 ….on another lesser team Cardoso would not have had same winning impact but with the deep talent of SC she will….
And the news 0f Cardoso’s transfer to SC felt like being hit by a two by four….
And I mentioned this before she is bit Griner like with real potential upside

Reaction Score
I still favor UConn next year but don't know if "all the UConn shooters" is as big an advantage as stated. We will have one significant new shooter in Azzi and SC will have numerous strong frosh and now Cardoso. Likely will come down to coaching and Geno's ability to get Paige, Azzi and team their shots while Dawn will want to pound it inside and get offensive rebounds. We will likely have to be good from the outside since I doubt too many Huskies will be able to drive or hit inside shots.
Kamilla is not big and lumbering, if you watched more the one of her games you would know that. Uconn will have a great team next year, but Kamilla will be better in 2 years then Boston ever was. By the time she leaves South Carolina fans will be talking about Kamilla in the same way they talk about A'ja.
Agreed!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
SC now has 3 talented BIGs who are at their best in the paint. I can’t wait to see the Huskies face the Gamecocks next season to see if they can handle all the shooters UConn will have on the court. I have visions of the matchup from 2017 when SC’s twin towers couldn’t matchup with 6’1” Pheesa and 5’11” Gabby.

As a reminder, SC won the championship that year, but only after Coates was injured in the SEC tournament, forcing SC to use a smaller lineup in the NCAA tournament, which ended up spreading the floor and opening the lane for SC’s guards to continually attack the basket.
Connors/McEnroe
Evert/Navratilova
Becker/Edberg
Graf/Seles
Agassi/Sampras

Reaction Score
Was SC one of Cardoso’s finalist in her recruiting process? If so, curious as to what changed her mind this time when the SC roster will be the same as when she committed to Cuse besides the incoming SC frosh.

Reaction Score
I love Geno and would never question his on court decisions. But this, this seems to be on him. This is a tough pill to swallow. This may not effect next years team. But in coming years and after Boston leaves it will become more and more apparent how good this kid is. SCar fans should be over the moon.
Why do you feel it’s on Geno?

Reaction Score
I think Dawn Staley might be the premier recruiter in all of WCBB. She's a juggernaut. It used to be Tennessee that snarfed up talent. UConn has always been very selective, and that's why we've had thin benches for so many years. Next year's roster is an anomaly. Only a few years when this has happened. But Dawn is piling up talent year after year.
having the USA team coaching job doesn't hurt recruiting as Geno an tell you............unless her team losses the gold that is........

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Anyone recall playing SC when they had A’Ja Wilson and Alaina Coates? Pretty good bigs, yes? Did they win?
The surrounding players on that SC team were no match for the players that surrounded Stewart. This SC team has 2 No.1 ranked classes to go with Cardoso. This teams bench would beat any other SEC team IMO.

Reaction Score
Can they keep all five bigs happy? (Rhetorical question)
If they are girls who want to play together as a team to win a national championship, Yes.

If they are a group of individualists who only care about minutes and individual stats, No. But then, they are welcome to transfer. the four bigs are Boston, Amihere, Cordoso and Feagin. I don't count our other forwards as "bigs."

Feagin is da' yute. She will have time to develop her skills and get a bit of PT in her first year. Unless she comes in as a steady hand in the midrange game as a small forward, she will need the year to develop.

Reaction Score
SC has elite scorers and elite defenders. Shooting goes and come but Henderson and Cooke both shot close to 40% from the 3 last year. It will be a task for teams to get to 50 points against SC. We can literally go at least 10 deep with no significant drop off.
I'd take the over next year against UConn.............I don't care if South Carolina recruits a center as tall as Manute Bol, they're not stopping PB and from three point land.........

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Was SC one of Cardoso’s finalist in her recruiting process? If so, curious as to what changed her mind this time when the SC roster will be the same as when she committed to Cuse besides the incoming SC frosh.
You never know what you get in college until you get there....it's that simple.

Reaction Score
You may favor UCONN but I don't understand why. Olivia is outclassed by both Boston and Cardosa, and Cardosa will get better, fast, under the SC coaching. And she is far too tall for Edwards. Their guards are quick and great shooters.... Azzi has not yet attended a practice. . We have no clue how the incoming class will blend with the current players, or how Geno will use them. If your proclamation is to become true, our new 'Big" ( DeBerry) better be great from moment one. And I mean great. And we didn't see that even with Tina Charles. I think South Carolina has to be the number one team now.
I guess UConn might as well not even show up for the game......... :eek: :eek::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Several of the comments today regarding her skillset since she's announced her choice of SC are ALOT more critical than when it was rumored she was coming to uconn. That seems to be a pattern when recruits do not choose UConn.
don't you know that recruits that don't choose to go to UConn automatically loose one star in the ESPN rankings for lack of basketball sense? :oops::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Geno has failed to get 25% of the #1 recruits in the country if he only has 3 of the 4. If you were going skydiving would you jump if you knew there was a 25% failure rate in the parachute opening?

Yes if I wore 4 parachutes.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown