Not open for further replies.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
1619795401674.png

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just so glad she didn't come to Uconn! Much prefer playing against her every year to having her on the squad. :eek: :confused: It will definitely be good practice for all of our bigs to go against twin towers, get them really ready for their WNBA careers! :eek::confused::cool:?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wow, what a surprise. She falls back to earth and lands in South Carolina. Dawn is taking off the gloves as she landed another BIG. Hummm, the rich get richer. Like they needed another BIG. :eek:

No pressure on Cardoso to perform right away as Aliyah Boston is doing all of the heavy lifting as the starter. Cardoso will back her up quite nicely. She'll have plenty of time (5 months) to get in decent to good physical condition. There’s no doubt she will get her share of minutes at SC.

64% of the Boneyard wanted Cardoso. Even though she teased us with a wink and a nod early on, her heart wasn’t in it, especially once she started getting overtures from top teams across the country. She went where the grass was perceived to be greenest. Dawn has no trouble recruiting BIGS!!! Jolette Law (assistant coach/lead recruiter) is at it again, bringing in a top rated (and highly coveted) recruit to Columbia.

SC has 3 of the top 5 ranked recruits in the incoming freshman class. I think Cardoso will be much happier at SC than she was at Syracuse. She’ll certainly win more games.

Dawn is set at the post position for the next 3-5 years (depending on long Cardoso stays). When they’re both on the floor, I think it’s fair to say that opponents may find it difficult to get to the rim or get rebounds. ?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm kinda' stunned by this.

I had considered it as a possibility, but little more.

I wonder how this will change Dawn's recruiting strategy for the 2022 clas. Her interest had seemed to focus on bigs like Maya Nnaji, Ashlyn Watkins and maybe Kayla Oldacre. I still expect hometown player (6-3 dunker) Watkins to be part of the class but will Dawn take another Big this year?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For some odd reason, I'm honestly a bit upset right now at this news. I was preparing to do some stretching... eat some strawberries, and go shopping. Now my blood pressure is spiking :mad::mad::mad: Lemme calm down.

I knew she wasn't coming to Duke... figured she would be leaving the ACC.... but her going to South Carolina didn't even cross my mind for a second.

not right.gif

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Hope we have a killer non-conference schedule because UConn will need to be seriously battle-hardened to do what we all want to see. The challenge just got way more difficult.

Reaction Score
Best way to avoid doubles is to space the floor. Cardoso won't do that. Maybe Boston will provide the spacing for Cardoso down low?

I guess Boston plays the 4 when both are on the floor? Interesting to see how the two co-exist.

If I'm the defense -I'm selling all-out in the paint. If SC's offense is going to have Boston "be the 4" - great. Let her beat us shooting jump shots.

Reaction Score
The concept of a Big is changing. The center big is getting bigger with Cardosa, Prince, and Betts coming in at 6'7". The 4 position is now getting bigger with SC having the ability to play Boston and Cardosa together and rotate Amihere at a very athletic 6'4". Uconn has Ono, Deberry, and Paith at 6'5" and Dorka at 6'4" can play the 4 or 5, and the Edwards who can transition from 5 to a three. Stanford has Brink and Prechel at 6'5 for the 5 or 4 with Betts at 6'7" coming in. Oregon matches up well with Prince at 6'7" and Sabally at 6'5". I think the trend is bigger even at the guard position. UConn lacked good bigs for a couple of years but as Dylan said The Times they are a changin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom