Car Wash Lives | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Car Wash Lives

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
This looks about the right size for the "Athlete94 Memorial Car Wash" if we make it into the B1G. For the B12, a smaller model would do.

But where are the scantily clad girls with drying towels?
1415260426254_Image_galleryImage__VIDEO_AVAILABLE_WINTER_P.JPG

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
That's all I got. I don't post lightly and it was significant.

Get a Twitter handle (@skiblets4real is probably available) and, like fishy said, make something up!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's all I got. I don't post lightly and it was significant.
Assuming that we do end up in a new conference in a relatively short timeframe, I would love for you to talk to your source and find out whether it was the move they anticipated or not. I kind of think that the timing of the big 12 expansion rumors blowing up didn't jibe well with your conversation. So I wonder if there are multiple possibilities brewing which would, of course, be a good thing

Reaction Score
Me, myself and I.
But certainly not an insider or connected to anything in any special way.

I just posted because the person who mentioned B12 to me in January had the same Summer timeline for the announcement.
I believe the person who told me based on his closeness to the powers that be in the athletic department.
And since then with everything swirling around I'm a believer that what I was told was true.
on this board, you pass the credibility test with flying colors. please keep us updated!

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
My source is king
Just so we have a vision of where this info comes from, any chance we can get a pic of this soon to be legendary car wash?

Reaction Score
I wonder if it was actually a beer pong game and they had the conference names in each cup and counted the totals by conference. Either way I'm a believer.

Assuming that we do end up in a new conference in a relatively short timeframe, I would love for you to talk to your source and find out whether it was the move they anticipated or not. I kind of think that the timing of the big 12 expansion rumors blowing up didn't jibe well with your conversation. So I wonder if there are multiple possibilities brewing which would, of course, be a good thing

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
I just got back from dropping my car off for maintenance at my garage. I was telling the owner, who's also a season football ticket holder, the fun stories about CR in this thread and he relayed a story from last May where he met Moriah Jefferson at an airport. After talking to her a guy came up to talk to him and asked if he knew that the girl was Moriah. As they talked a bit the discussion moved to our conference and they guy told him within a year, which means there's only 2 months left, UConn would announce a new home and supposedly it would be the B1G. He said the guy alleged to be on some UConn board and offered to give my friend his name and email address so my buddy could call BS on him if it didn't happen. Inexplicably to me he did not take his info.
Not as sexy as car wash guy, but equally as odd. I'm hoping airport guy is right and I don't doubt my friend's story, I just doubt the guy he met is what he claimed and that he had any inside info. Have fun with this.

Reaction Score
I just got back from dropping my car off for maintenance at my garage. I was telling the owner, who's also a season football ticket holder, the fun stories about CR in this thread and he relayed a story from last May where he met Moriah Jefferson at an airport. After talking to her a guy came up to talk to him and asked if he knew that the girl was Moriah. As they talked a bit the discussion moved to our conference and they guy told him within a year, which means there's only 2 months left, UConn would announce a new home and supposedly it would be the B1G. He said the guy alleged to be on some UConn board and offered to give my friend his name and email address so my buddy could call BS on him if it didn't happen. Inexplicably to me he did not take his info.
Not as sexy as car wash guy, but equally as odd. I'm hoping airport guy is right and I don't doubt my friend's story, I just doubt the guy he met is what he claimed and that he had any inside info. Have fun with this.

So far, we've had leaks and leaks of leaks. The only group not privy to those leaks, or maybe they're unwilling to publish them, are our trusty media outlets. Seems strange,

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well some of the old-timers may remember, I also have a source, that I rarely talk about in the boneyard. He tells me that he is "very confident" that we will have a new conference home "sooner rather than later" and that it will be advanced "in the very near future."

He wouldn't specify where that home was going to be, but he did say that I would be "happy." When I pressed him on that all he would say is "don't worry, you'll be happy." That was about nine months ago. I have pressed him on it since and his answer is that nothing is changed and not to worry.

Now that's the kind of information that I always find annoying from other people, so I didn't bother to post it. But given all the smoke here, I decided it was a worthwhile add to this thread.

For those of you who haven't been around long, or who just have forgotten, my source is my neighbor's dog Sam. He hasn't been right yet, so I figure he's overdue.

Reaction Score
Well some of the old-timers may remember, I also have a source, that I rarely talk about in the boneyard. He tells me that he is "very confident" that we will have a new conference home "sooner rather than later" and that it will be advanced "in the very near future."

He wouldn't specify where that home was going to be, but he did say that I would be "happy." When I pressed him on that all he would say is "don't worry, you'll be happy." That was about nine months ago. I have pressed him on it since and his answer is that nothing is changed and not to worry.

Now that's the kind of information that I always find annoying from other people, so I didn't bother to post it. But given all the smoke here, I decided it was a worthwhile add to this thread.

For those of you who haven't been around long, or who just have forgotten, my source is my neighbor's dog Sam. He hasn't been right yet, so I figure he's overdue.

Silly me I thought your source was of the feline persuasion.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
He wouldn't specify where that home was going to be, but he did say that I would be "happy." When I pressed him on that all he would say is "don't worry, you'll be happy."
I see the clues in there. Don't worry be happy is a song by Bobby McFerrin. Bobby went to Cal State Sacramento, per Wikipedia, so your source is saying that we will move football back to FCS and most of our sports to the Big Sky conference. I have to admit, that doesn't make me happy.

Reaction Score

Wait...your neighbor's dog can talk?
Holy.....!

Reaction Score
I'm so torn on what to believe and what not to believe, mostly because I have sources in a specific industry that leak me stuff all the time, and whenever I bring it up I'm met with the same types of often valid criticisms.

Reaction Score
I'm so torn on what to believe and what not to believe, mostly because I have sources in a specific industry that leak me stuff all the time, and whenever I bring it up I'm met with the same types of often valid criticisms.
As in "UConn isn't going anywhere"?

Reaction Score
As in "UConn isn't going anywhere"?

From experience dealing with real sources, I'm much more likely to believe the posts that say "you will be happy soon" or "expect to hear something that makes you happy around mmddyyy" since that's usually how I get my information. Then closer to the date I'll get the actual information. Sometimes the day before, sometimes a week or month before. This is mostly because a lot of things can change when a lot of parts are moving. I find out about a lot of things before people working in this industry do, so I don't get specific either when I mention things to friends or throw something out there on a message board.

Reaction Score
Wow, who would have guessed we had so many insiders on this board?

Everyone is an insider for something. It's a matter of whether or not that "something" is interesting or not :D

Reaction Score
There's a Seinfeld bit somewhere here. "Everyone's got a CR insider and they're all 'the best.' How can carwash guy and airport guy both be the best?!"

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
We should have a special "Insiders board" where those of us who have inside information can share it with each other without it getting out to too broad of an audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom