Car Wash Lives | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Car Wash Lives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I was told by media person in the UCONN know that a B12 announcement was coming in the early summer too.
May be the same person feeding people as the some of you but as said earlier, where there is smoke there is fire.
My source is king

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 40

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Like I said don't care what you or anyone thinks, I just post what I heard, your choice to read and believe.
Please keep posting. I need all the hope I can get.

Reaction Score
People are getting "duped" again. smh.

No one here is getting duped. Different posters are sharing rumors that they have been relayed from sources that they consider to be credible. No one is claiming that they have first hand knowledge of an invite to any conference. Everything is speculation until something actually happens. I for one hope something happens for you guys soon. You have a quality athletic department and would be a great addition to any conference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No one here is getting duped. Different posters are sharing rumors that they have been relayed from sources that they consider to be credible. No one is claiming that they have first hand knowledge of an invite to any conference. Everything is speculation until something actually happens. I for one hope something happens for you guys soon. You have a quality athletic department and would be a great addition to any conference.

Thanks. In this case, there is so much smoke at the moment, that there is likely a fire somewhere. What will happen, we'd be fools to think that these fools know. But the sheer volume of noise suggests to me that something is happening, and UConn's worst scenario is for CR to be static.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that you have to view the car wash threads, and pretty much every thread in the boneyard with the possible exception of "key tweets," as being for entertainment purposes only. 99% of it is absolute dreck, and the remaining 1% is, at best, informed speculation. There are a poster or two, who actually may have some decent insight, but they tend to keep their cards pretty close to the vest.

So just saddle up and enjoy the ride. I actually enjoy this board, but count me among those who will be overjoyed when it is no longer is relevant to us.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah any idea that anyone here is saying that 100% we are leaving this conference is a lie. All people are trying to do is share the smoke we've collected from the fire. We could all be wrong, but that doesn't change the fact i'm now finally optimistic on our future, based on what I've heard from people who should be in the know.

Reaction Score
I'm not convinced ,and I certainly refuse to get my hopes up again.
The Axiom where there is smoke there's fire in sports should be amended to
"if you see smoke it's most likely due to some moron blowing it rather than fire"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That's all I got. I don't post lightly and it was significant.
If you don't mind, what did you hear at the spring game? If you don't want to post it here, can you DM me? I've heard all these references to your post, but can't find it. Thanks.

pj

Reaction Score

This looks about the right size for the "Athlete94 Memorial Car Wash" if we make it into the B1G. For the B12, a smaller model would do.

But where are the scantily clad girls with drying towels?

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
WHO ARE YOU

Me, myself and I.
But certainly not an insider or connected to anything in any special way.

I just posted because the person who mentioned B12 to me in January had the same Summer timeline for the announcement.
I believe the person who told me based on his closeness to the powers that be in the athletic department.
And since then with everything swirling around I'm a believer that what I was told was true.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think that you have to view the car wash threads, and pretty much every thread in the boneyard with the possible exception of "key tweets," as being for entertainment purposes only. 99% of it is absolute dreck, and the remaining 1% is, at best, informed speculation. There are a poster or two, who actually may have some decent insight, but they tend to keep their cards pretty close to the vest.

So just sattle up and enjoy the ride. I actually enjoy this board, but count me among those who will be overjoyed when it is no longer is relevant to us.

You mean when we're in the A-10?

#waylonwasright #justkidding

Reaction Score
I also have heard something, but not from a UConn source and I'm just taking it for what it's worth. I was talking to my cousin who works in the athletic dept at Temple yesterday about the AAC (and I was giving her crap about the league tourney) and we started on how much I hate the league and our situation. She said "well I've heard that your Big12 bound anyways sometime soon." I said "according too..." And she just said she heard that from people in the athletic dept there that work with the league bc they are looking for a replacement apparently for us. She also said she hasn't heard much on Cincy, but she's heard we are looking to be replaced bc we are leaving and there's already a committee doing research on a suitable replacement.

Again, I'm not putting much value in it but it was interesting to hear from someone who I wouldn't even know would have much knowledge on conf realignment since she is just starting out in their athletic dept. Esp was interesting that she mentioned Big12. Believe me, she's not the type of person who would even think of researching anything so I fully believe that's what she's heard, what I'm not putting much stock into is how she heard it. Temple, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom