Car Wash _ RR News | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Car Wash _ RR News

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Unless the P5 remains in tact AND the B1G has already picked put ONE ACC or B12 school AND we are admitted to the AAU, I think our B1G chances are pretty grim at this point.

The spectre of more mass realignment puts a number of other schools with better historic credentials and AAU status into the pool. Our best chance there is the B1G going to 20. Also, not likely.

B12 or ACC as backfill is the best option today.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Unless the P5 remains in tact AND the B1G has already picked put ONE ACC or B12 school AND we are admitted to the AAU, I think our B1G chances are pretty grim at this point.

The spectre of more mass realignment puts a number of other schools with better historic credentials and AAU status into the pool. Our best chance there is the B1G going to 20. Also, not likely.

This is the "Carwash" thread. It is best served for B1G fantasies, not matter the odds! :)

pj

Reaction Score

You may be right, but the fact remains that the B1G's recent strategy has been to dominate the major population centers of the east coast. They have one large gap remaining, the 7-state New England/New York region with 35 million people, and UConn is the only B1G like school in those 7 states. It would complete their strategy to claim us. Also, Fox, their TV partner, has a limited East Coast presence and is said to want more East Coast penetration. UConn adds more to Fox than (say) Kansas or Oklahoma.

There's no question that UVa, UNC, Ga Tech, and others will score higher on many B1G metrics than UConn, especially the academic ones. But they are less available than UConn, and it may be favorable to move soon and start building a presence in our markets.

Reaction Score
UConn sources are best

- car wash guy in RR
- Skiblets guy from 2015 spring game, some confusion of it was a beer pong game or cornhole
- recent random guy @ Bradley who spotted someone wearing a UConn sweatshirt

Also, someone spotted Suzi spending a weekend in Chicago with her family.

Let me say that I have been reading this site for years, and I became a member because of the Car Wash. Nothing compares.

Pflug or MV3 or the Dude(are they the same?) only wishes they had a Car Wash contact.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn sources are best

- car wash guy in RR
- Skiblets guy from 2015 spring game, some confusion of it was a beer pong game or cornhole

Plus Flug and the Jim from AOL guy and Debbie from Facebook. That's an all star line up!

Reaction Score
You may be right, but the fact remains that the B1G's recent strategy has been to dominate the major population centers of the east coast. They have one large gap remaining, the 7-state New England/New York region with 35 million people, and UConn is the only B1G like school in those 7 states. It would complete their strategy to claim us. Also, Fox, their TV partner, has a limited East Coast presence and is said to want more East Coast penetration. UConn adds more to Fox than (say) Kansas or Oklahoma.

There's no question that UVa, UNC, Ga Tech, and others will score higher on many B1G metrics than UConn, especially the academic ones. But they are less available than UConn, and it may be favorable to move soon and start building a presence in our markets.

I agree and think the New England market is overlooked. I always think about NASCAR moving into New Hampshire in the early 90's to expand their market. It was (is still?) a very successful move. College Football should be doing the same but I'm not sure the decision makers look beyond who their volleyball team will be playing next week. Or maybe they think BC already destroyed that market.

Reactions: pj

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think this is it. We'll be in the B1G on 7/1. I'm signing off now, no need to sweat CRA here anymore.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'll take this over being "We Are Penn State" crazy.
They are freaking cultists. I actual admire that about Penn State.

Reaction Score
UConn sources are best

- car wash guy in RR

My source tells me you are a jackass. This was confirmed by 2 other sources.

Reaction Score
If June comes around and @Athlete94 tries to pull that -ish, I will hunt him down. I am on the fence about also hunting you for even suggesting that.

9313269b3d9d6f8fb14886055fee5d113ff19c18e8650b5a91f17d61dadcd3ae.jpg

CL82

Reaction Score
Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I like my sig way it is, but yeah I should.
It's TIC of course. My wife and kids don't listen to me, I don't expect anyone here to either.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Where ever we end up on this brink of summer, I'll be expecting car wash gift cards for life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom