Car Wash _ RR News | The Boneyard

Car Wash _ RR News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Ran into my WF RR source yesterday at the car wash . He asked if I've been reading up on the Big 12, ACC etc... I said not really. He said remember what I told you about an announcement coming in June? Yes, I do was my reply. He then said your Huskies will be a happy bunch very soon and to not believe the naysayers. There will be conference shifts and UCONN will not be overlooked this time and many believe they have a lot to offer, especially with what's left out there. The move and announcement will HUGE and will benefit all involved. Keep your chin up he said, your getting ready to make a news splash very soon.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ran into my WF RR source yesterday at the car wash . He asked if I've been reading up on the Big 12, ACC etc... I said not really. He said remember what I told you about an announcement coming in June? Yes, I do was my reply. He then said your Huskies will be a happy bunch very soon and to not believe the naysayers. There will be conference shifts and UCONN will not be overlooked this time and many believe they have a lot to offer, especially with what's left out there. The move and announcement will HUGE and will benefit all involved. Keep your chin up he said, your getting ready to make a news splash very soon.

When I read these words...I imagine them delivered from a mysterious voice in the sky accompanied by a choir of Angels. "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My NCST Jeep bro told me the same thing. Tons of smoke...:cool:

Reactions: pj

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

I hope that you realize your future on this board will be determined in June.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I hope that you realize your future on this board will be determined in June.

Yes, but since you just put him on notice he now has many weeks to craft a Jon Snow rebirth in August when June rolls by with out the promised good news.

Despite all the craziness, a few salient facts remain.
+B12 is the walking dead w/o a network and much wider footprint. There is little doubt about where they will be in 10 years if this doesn't change soon.
+Rutty alone doesn't deliver NYC (and certainly not New England) to the B1G. Rutty needs 25 years of UConn type success to make NYC a B1G town starting yesterday. Why wait, why risk it. The B1G must add UConn to lock up the DC-Boston corridor....unless the B1G wishes to abandon this endeavor and look south.
+The ACC has a donut hole problem from DC to Boston as well. Syracuse/Pitt/BC/UVA are not enough for these markets.

For any of these conferences, because of the uncertainty of the cable bundling market, I see all new members having to accept an extended phase in on conf pay out (ie junior pay out status for 10 years before equal footing) which should be easy for UConn to accept.

Reaction Score
13yh5o.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That mysterious voice is Linus Van Pelt.

I envision it being that squirrel trying to sell you a matresses over the internet.

pj

Reaction Score
When I read these words...I imagine them delivered from a mysterious voice in the sky accompanied by a choir of Angels and a freshly-washed Range Rover. "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."

FIFY

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I thought the WF guy was a car wash source.

When did he start working at the railroad (RR)?

Rail employees have a whole separate circle of influence compared to car wash employees. Rail is old money, but good money.

Reaction Score

So if nothing has happened when we make up on the morning of July 1, will we never hear about a North Carolina carwash again?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I have to figure its UConn one of two combos for the B1G:

1) An ACC school where the BIG is willing to foot the GOR bill (pick any including UVA or ND) + UConn
2) Texas + UConn <--which would be surprising they don't take OU as a bridge. Of course TX delivers a huge boost to the B1g tv package and it would explain their stall tactics on B12 expansion.

I don't see Kansas as a get, population is just too small. Doesn't move enough of the needles.

pj

Reaction Score

1) An ACC school where the BIG is willing to foot the GOR bill (pick any including UVA or ND) + UConn
2) Texas + UConn <--which would be surprising they don't take OU as a bridge. Of course TX delivers a huge boost to the B1g tv package and it would explain their stall tactics on B12 expansion.

I don't see Kansas as a get, population is just too small. Doesn't move enough of the needles.

If we're going to the B1G, I predict it's with a "school to be named later" as the partner. UConn in all sports with football playing a reduced schedule, and ineligible for the conference championship, until the partner joins. UConn's situation normalizes when #16 becomes available. Ultimate endpoint is either 16 or 20; jockeying to be #16 as the GoRs expire c 2023 will show the B1G who really wants to be a member, and if there are 5 good candidates they go to 20.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My NCST Jeep bro told me the same thing. Tons of smoke...:cool:

Here's why it could make sense.

A WF and NCST insider might have a clue about a pending school departure from the ACC. And Swofford's efforts to advance the ACCN ASAP this spring would be further motivated by this pending departure.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
When I read these words...I imagine them delivered from a mysterious voice in the sky accompanied by a choir of Angels. "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If we're going to the B1G, I predict it's with a "school to be named later" as the partner. UConn in all sports with football playing a reduced schedule, and ineligible for the conference championship, until the partner joins. UConn's situation normalizes when #16 becomes available. Ultimate endpoint is either 16 or 20; jockeying to be #16 as the GoRs expire c 2023 will show the B1G who really wants to be a member, and if there are 5 good candidates they go to 20.

Should they just add us alone + a TBD, then you have to figure this event was accelerated by the B12 expansion talk.

And should this happen, the door for a B12 network will become nearly shut. How ironic.

Reaction Score

I get that you WANT this to happen but uhhh..........no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom