Car Wash _ RR News | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Car Wash _ RR News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ran into my WF RR source yesterday at the car wash . He asked if I've been reading up on the Big 12, ACC etc... I said not really. He said remember what I told you about an announcement coming in June? Yes, I do was my reply. He then said your Huskies will be a happy bunch very soon and to not believe the naysayers. There will be conference shifts and UCONN will not be overlooked this time and many believe they have a lot to offer, especially with what's left out there. The move and announcement will HUGE and will benefit all involved. Keep your chin up he said, your getting ready to make a news splash very soon.

Iguess I need to go to a new car wash, my car wash only has bikini clad females, not rumors on CR... :D

Reaction Score
If this all works out somehow and we end up at the table in any conference, I want to know what everyone plans to do with the multiple hours of their life that will return when the CR board gets shuttered. Looking at you Dooley! Not starting this now because we are far from being out of the woods. Just will be curious!

I'm going to head over to Florida St, Notre Dame and Virginia message boards and post about UConn.

Reaction Score
The B1g can have Kansas any time it wants. I doubt there is a real sense of urgency to bring them on board, especially with how little they actually add.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

All Due Respect (of course I'm about to disrespect you...meant in jest, of course.), but (NSFW):

I mean really, what does this bring to the table that a few Tims and Tickles from West Virginia, Star Wars characters, serial washer of one's car, or a North Star haven't already offered?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

If that is true, then it likely means that Georgia Tech and Florida State have signed off on heading to the B1G.

Reaction Score

If that is true, then it likely means that Georgia Tech and Florida State have signed off on heading to the B1G.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

That would explain why the ACC has a greater sense of urgency for a network and their need to bring ND into the fold. I would guess that the UNCs and UVAs of the ACC really don't want to move...but the ACC needs to make the financial situation better before they commit longterm. And adding ND and UConn could make the ACCN possible.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That would explain why the ACC has a greater sense of urgency for a network and their need to bring ND into the fold. I would guess that the UNCs and UVAs of the ACC really don't want to move...but the ACC needs to make the financial situation better before they commit longterm. And adding ND and UConn could make the ACCN possible.

UConn and ND would end any chance of the B1G poaching the ACC. It would put the Big 12 squarely in the crosshairs of anyone else looking to expand.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
let's do this hfd style

uva/unc to big = fsu/clem to b12 uconn/cincy/ucf/usf to acc

ou/ku to big = texas/okst to sec
bay/tcu/tt/ksu/isu/wvu/uconn/cincy/byu/hou to b12

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Given how much the Big Ten projects to take in on their next television contract and the conference network, I can't imagine that the two Big 12 teams are really viable anymore.

They just do not need those two piddling markets - it's not even 7,000,000 people between the two of them.

Virginia and North Carolina, however, bring 18,000,000 pairs of eyeballs and a much, much better demographic.

The Big Ten has always played the long game and I think OU/KU would be a marked departure from that strategy - in time, I do expect them to go hells bells after UNC and UVA and probably Georgia Tech as well.

Reaction Score
There are two things I think are held up as sacred that just seem hollow to me.

First, one of the knucklehead smarties keep drawing a line in the sand on the G0R contracts. I just don't see it. To me, those are like the prepayment penalty in mortgages. You can get out of the deal ... then a negotiation starts. As we saw with previous exits, the leaving University never paid full freight. And if there are 6 years remaining, then the clock can get to 3 pretty easily.

Second, this AAU promotion. It's clear that the organization has been highly political and hasn't made any revitalized membership since 1993. In Academic terms, that is the Ice Age. If the B1G wants someone, they can easily not be talking AAU ... tomorrow.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Wouldn't surprise me, as that would be a great strategic move by the B1G. I don't think getting UNC is realistic given the politics of the state and the power of the ACC being in North Carolina--but if UNC sees the foundation crumbling, they may want to be the first one out of dodge to get the golden ticket before they are stuck in the SEC (great athletically, but would be a major blow to their academic ego).

If I was Delaney, I would target UVA, UNC, Oklahoma, and Texas (substitute Kansas or UConn if Texas doesn't budge) for a final death blow and firmly establish yourself as the alpha conference with no equal. You would get to 18 teams, which is the eventual endpoint for super-conferences (in my opinion). And you would block the key geographic and market expansion for your only real competition (SEC). Where is the SEC going to expand if you've surrounded their stronghold with no where to expand incrementally? The SEC would likely take Virginia Tech and NC State to get new markets--but they would be getting the 2nd best schools in their respective states while the B1G has the alpha. Delaney has been playing chess while everyone else has been playing checkers--so this would make perfect sense if true.

Reaction Score
let's do this hfd style

uva/unc to big = fsu/clem to b12 uconn/cincy/ucf/usf to acc

ou/ku to big = texas/okst to sec
bay/tcu/tt/ksu/isu/wvu/uconn/cincy/byu/hou to b12
The legend lives on.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The ACC has been playing checkers. The Big 12, however, has been playing with the cardboard packaging while leaving the checkerboard entirely untouched.
My 3 year old is in the Big 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak