Cannabis users thoughts on Delta-8? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Cannabis users thoughts on Delta-8?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
So they basically unintentionally legalized mild weed across the country with the farm bill because they forgot to ban the other psychoactive cannabinoids. Now Delta-8 is EVERYWHERE down south. My local gas station has a whole section for this stuff now, advertising that they are selling legal weed, THC. I’m good friends with the owner of the head shop in town and he’s saying Delta-8 makes up the majority of his sales now. He basically sells pot. This is in South Carolina lol.

So has anyone else tried this stuff? Do you think it’s safe? I actually really enjoyed my experience with the edibles. It was like a mild, energetic, hyper creative high, absolutely no paranoia or anxiety issues with it. Unlike CBD this is definitely psychoactive though. 75% as potent as regular weed. I’m guessing it’s only a matter of time before federal law, or state laws individually, changes either banning it or heavily regulating it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Legit. But IMO not worth it if you're in CT/MA or any other state where things are readily available.
Yeah, not sure about price comparison, but very convenient in a pandemic if you don't want to go to the store.

Reaction Score
Yeah, not sure about price comparison, but very convenient in a pandemic if you don't want to go to the store.

Don't quote me... but I think the Delta-10 is a good deal more expensive. It's a much more involved process that the Delta-8 because there's very little of it in hemp. Something like that.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity I did a search in my area and found some d-8 being sold...however it appears as of last month it’s no longer legal. This is in NY, where they just legalized weed but have banned d-8.

I have no idea if that’s bc it’s less studied or what, but it seems strange. The one commenter on this site said that’s like ending prohibition and all hard alcohol is legal but then saying miller lite is still illegal.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity I did a search in my area and found some d-8 being sold...however it appears as of last month it’s no longer legal. This is in NY, where they just legalized weed but have banned d-8.

I have no idea if that’s bc it’s less studied or what, but it seems strange. The one commenter on this site said that’s like ending prohibition and all hard alcohol is legal but then saying miller lite is still illegal.

Way to go, gummint!

Reaction Score
Don't quote me... but I think the Delta-10 is a good deal more expensive. It's a much more involved process that the Delta-8 because there's very little of it in hemp. Something like that.
The non-Delta-9 analogs are synthesized from CBD isolated from hemp cannabis? delta 8 and 10 vape carts are comparable in price. I’m seeing d8 and d10 combinations.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

Lol, good analogy. Doesn’t seem to make any sense.

Reaction Score
So they basically unintentionally legalized mild weed across the country with the farm bill because they forgot to ban the other psychoactive cannabinoids. Now Delta-8 is EVERYWHERE down south. My local gas station has a whole section for this stuff now, advertising that they are selling legal weed, THC. I’m good friends with the owner of the head shop in town and he’s saying Delta-8 makes up the majority of his sales now. He basically sells pot. This is in South Carolina lol.

So has anyone else tried this stuff? Do you think it’s safe? I actually really enjoyed my experience with the edibles. It was like a mild, energetic, hyper creative high, absolutely no paranoia or anxiety issues with it. Unlike CBD this is definitely psychoactive though. 75% as potent as regular weed. I’m guessing it’s only a matter of time before federal law, or state laws individually, changes either banning it or heavily regulating it.

It’s all bad for you. Chief has seen too many lives destroyed starting with weed. Don’t go there. I know what Chief is saying may not be popular but it’s good advice.

Reaction Score
The non-Delta-9 analogs are synthesized from CBD isolated from hemp cannabis? delta 8 and 10 vape carts are comparable in price. I’m seeing d8 and d10 combinations.

The combinations are usually like 80% d8 because d10 is harder to produce

Reaction Score
It’s all bad for you. Chief has seen too many lives destroyed starting with alcohol. Don’t go there. I know what Chief is saying may not be popular but it’s good advice.
FIFY.
Point being, like everything else in life this subject is a bit more complicated than the broad brush approach you’re giving it.
My dad used to say “too much of anything is not good for you”. That seems to fit better in this case.

Reaction Score
FIFY.
Point being, like everything else in life this subject is a bit more complicated than the broad brush approach you’re giving it.
My dad used to say “too much of anything is not good for you”. That seems to fit better in this case.

New England Journal of Medicine
3D9414ED-66F3-4780-9585-CC68CEED450D.jpeg

Reaction Score
FIFY.
Interestingly enough, since I've been on delta 8, I drink much less. My liver loves it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The worst health outcome from weed comes from police interaction and incarceration. Harm reduction is important.

Reaction Score
So...edibles...never tried them. Been a smoker for many years. Asked a fellow smoker friend and he says edibles do nothing for him... any other feedback from long term, regular smokers? Do they work?

Reaction Score
I've never smoked in my life, but I've been in on gummies since quarantine began. I don't have a frame of reference, but everyone has told me that they can't quite match the high. The gummies are fine by me, great for relaxation. I just zone out and stare at the TV, and get the munchies. Our friends prefer the uppers as opposed to the downers, I haven't tried the others yet. I have heard of gummies just simply not working on certain people. So I guess finding the right fit is the best move, there are so many kinds at this point.

Reaction Score
I've never smoked in my life, but I've been in on gummies since quarantine began. I don't have a frame of reference, but everyone has told me that they can't quite match the high. The gummies are fine by me, great for relaxation. I just zone out and stare at the TV, and get the munchies. Our friends prefer the uppers as opposed to the downers, I haven't tried the others yet. I have heard of gummies just simply not working on certain people. So I guess finding the right fit is the best move, there are so many kinds at this point.

Thanks for the insight...are there "upper" gummies? I can have a couple day beers and easily zone out on the couch. I have that part down without help, lol. I'm looking for motivation...gettin' stuff done, Home Improvement (argh argh) and "stuff I hate doing", like...cleaning the bathroom, or the shed, or the basement, giving the dog a bath, etc...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom