Cannabis users thoughts on Delta-8? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cannabis users thoughts on Delta-8?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
So they basically unintentionally legalized mild weed across the country with the farm bill because they forgot to ban the other psychoactive cannabinoids. Now Delta-8 is EVERYWHERE down south. My local gas station has a whole section for this stuff now, advertising that they are selling legal weed, THC. I’m good friends with the owner of the head shop in town and he’s saying Delta-8 makes up the majority of his sales now. He basically sells pot. This is in South Carolina lol.

So has anyone else tried this stuff? Do you think it’s safe? I actually really enjoyed my experience with the edibles. It was like a mild, energetic, hyper creative high, absolutely no paranoia or anxiety issues with it. Unlike CBD this is definitely psychoactive though. 75% as potent as regular weed. I’m guessing it’s only a matter of time before federal law, or state laws individually, changes either banning it or heavily regulating it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i certainly believe the story, especially all the parts aboot 'his window and his home.' furtively is an awesome word, and really says it all. im always on the phone to 5-0 when those furtive actors are nosing around. sometimes, they really are bad dudes.

But did you get a pistol and ask if they live in this neighborhood?

When people are obviously casing the houses on my street I turn on the lights instead of grabbing my piece ?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
But did you get a pistol and ask if they live in this neighborhood?

When people are obviously casing the houses on my street I turn on the lights instead of grabbing my piece ?
dude, after dark and shanannigans afoot? that's the second thing i grab, right after snatching the phone.

Reaction Score
Who sees movement in a car and pulls out a gun? Your friend is a moron and shouldn't be a police officer.

A civilian can't draw a weapon unless they feel their lives are threatened. What gives an off duty cop any other rules? Seeing people looking around a vacant house ain't a felony. Castle doctrine and a duty to retreat exist for a reason.

You know what I do when I see local stoner kids hanging out across the street?

Nothing.

Occasionally I'll say "guys, can you keep it down?" They do.

I don't get my pre-ban Ak-74 (or the cannon) and go looking for trouble like an idiot. Until your life is threatenee you keep the gun in your god damned holster
Maybe they we black.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just listen to Nancy & Just say no
I watched Kid 90 last night on Hulu. It is a compilation of video and diary entries from the girl who played Punky Brewster that covers a group of 90s kid stars adolescence. One particularly striking part was her on TV saying “just say no” juxtaposed with her high on a variety of drugs. It’s an interesting watch.

Reaction Score
Maybe they we black.
And imagine what tragedies were in play as soon as some triggered, out of uniform Wyatt Earp-type clown draws a gun on a car with a few minorities inside, regardless of what they we’re doing. It’s a recipe for disaster.
Call the cops, hell step out on your front door if you want. But total overkill to draw your gun and engage. Stupid.

Reaction Score
So they basically unintentionally legalized mild weed across the country with the farm bill because they forgot to ban the other psychoactive cannabinoids. Now Delta-8 is EVERYWHERE down south. My local gas station has a whole section for this stuff now, advertising that they are selling legal weed, THC. I’m good friends with the owner of the head shop in town and he’s saying Delta-8 makes up the majority of his sales now. He basically sells pot. This is in South Carolina lol.

So has anyone else tried this stuff? Do you think it’s safe? I actually really enjoyed my experience with the edibles. It was like a mild, energetic, hyper creative high, absolutely no paranoia or anxiety issues with it. Unlike CBD this is definitely psychoactive though. 75% as potent as regular weed. I’m guessing it’s only a matter of time before federal law, or state laws individually, changes either banning it or heavily regulating it.

Thanks for the heads up. I Had no idea about any of this, but i just looked on a Amazon & the gummies go for about $50 bucks.
Don’t smoke like i used to, but it’s good to have these options if i choose to get high. God bless America!

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the heads up. I Had no idea about any of this, but i just looked on a Amazon & the gummies go for about $50 bucks.
Don’t smoke like i used to, but it’s good to have these options available if i choose to get high. God bless America!
Just a heads up they take a while to kick in. You’ll be waiting an hour or two. So don’t take too many thinking they aren’t working. Because of the metabolic structure D-8 takes a while for your body to break down.

Reaction Score
Don’t smoke like i used to, but it’s good to have these options available if i choose to get high. God bless America!

Never had d8 gummies, but the regular ones from mass I've gotten tasted absolutely awful. I much prefer a tincture if I'm going an "edible that won't go stale" route. I've seen some altoid mint copy-cats too but haven't tried.

Reaction Score
Never had d8 gummies, but the regular ones from mass I've gotten tasted absolutely awful. I much prefer a tincture if I'm going an "edible that won't go stale" route. I've seen some altoid mint copy-cats too but haven't tried.
Yeah, the tincture sounds more up my alley. From what I’ve read in the last hour or so, the best description of d8 vs D9 is like beer to whiskey. One beer won’t get you as drunk as a whiskey, but eventually you can choose to drink more and still get drunk. That’s right up my alley. I stopped weed cause i got tired of the couch lock, unpredictability, and mild paranoia. You just never knew how weak or strong the weed was and how it’d affect you.
Legalizing weed gives you options if you still want to get high, but not totally baked. Love this!!

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
If I did smoke weed I'd just call up someone who could get me the real thing lol. Don't know many smokers who would stock up on the "gas station special."

Reaction Score
I live in CT and have weed delivered to my house by a friendly, enterprising young man. Same day delivery if you order before 3pm and his prices are sharper than legal dispensaries I've visited in CO, Vegas and Mass and his "menu" of products is extensive. Delta 8 is a loophole that will be unnecessary in probably 10 years when weed is legalized by most states. At the very least, decriminalized.
Not gonna take 10 years. Five, at most

Reaction Score
I'm so on board with that. Weed is so strong now, no more than one or two hits and you're good for a while.

My favorite weed was in the Philippines where a buddy I used to play music with moved back to a decade ago. It grew wildly, was totally "organic" and you could smoke that stuff all day, feel relaxed but not sedate, but still function, have normal levels of energy and not have jitters.
I love reading this silliness. Spanning 35 years... simply put, not true

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
alright I hope this stuff works because I just got a 50mg edible for $8. If It's decent then it's a fantastic bargain
Keep in mind. It’s going to take a while to kick in. The body breaks this stuff down way slower than normal Delta-9. It may take hours

Reaction Score
all the mints I've had were not good. the chocolate bars in mass taste good though.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind. It’s going to take a while to kick in. The body breaks this stuff down way slower than normal Delta-9. It may take hours
good to know. regular edibles take like 1.5-2 hours for me to really kick in so I hope it's not like 10:00 and I finally feel something.

Reaction Score

These are good.

Edit: I just looked at the website, looks like they might be tough to find on the east coast.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
follow-up #2 - do not recommend. Tried it again Friday & Saturday and got a headache both times. Went back to regular and no headache.

Reaction Score
Tried a Cake gummie. Was so strong I’d cut it in 1/3s or a quarter next time. Mind blowingly strong. Not sure if it was just a bad reaction or the norm. Use caution.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom