Cannabis users thoughts on Delta-8? | The Boneyard

Cannabis users thoughts on Delta-8?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
So they basically unintentionally legalized mild weed across the country with the farm bill because they forgot to ban the other psychoactive cannabinoids. Now Delta-8 is EVERYWHERE down south. My local gas station has a whole section for this stuff now, advertising that they are selling legal weed, THC. I’m good friends with the owner of the head shop in town and he’s saying Delta-8 makes up the majority of his sales now. He basically sells pot. This is in South Carolina lol.

So has anyone else tried this stuff? Do you think it’s safe? I actually really enjoyed my experience with the edibles. It was like a mild, energetic, hyper creative high, absolutely no paranoia or anxiety issues with it. Unlike CBD this is definitely psychoactive though. 75% as potent as regular weed. I’m guessing it’s only a matter of time before federal law, or state laws individually, changes either banning it or heavily regulating it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Would it test positive on a drug test? I'm among the few teachers in my school who randomly tests because I have a bus license for coaching. Prior to coaching, I was an almost daily smoker in college, then a once-/twice-a-week smoker out of college but nowadays I avoid it until the summer.

Some probability/profiling fun. Each quarter, two of our school's five coaches are randomly tested, so basically there's a 40% chance of getting picked. There was a point within our random testing where I was picked nine times in a row.

Here's the math:

0.4 (P of getting picked) raised to the 9th power ~ 0.026% probability or 1/4000 chance. At the time of the streak, my age ranged from 29-31 with longish hair...profiling anyone? :)

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I live in CT and have weed delivered to my house by a friendly, enterprising young man. Same day delivery if you order before 3pm and his prices are sharper than legal dispensaries I've visited in CO, Vegas and Mass and his "menu" of products is extensive. Delta 8 is a loophole that will be unnecessary in probably 10 years when weed is legalized by most states. At the very least, decriminalized.

Reaction Score
It’s like diet weed
I'm so on board with that. Weed is so strong now, no more than one or two hits and you're good for a while.

My favorite weed was in the Philippines where a buddy I used to play music with moved back to a decade ago. It grew wildly, was totally "organic" and you could smoke that stuff all day, feel relaxed but not sedate, but still function, have normal levels of energy and not have jitters.

Reaction Score
Would it test positive on a drug test? I'm among the few teachers in my school who randomly tests because I have a bus license for coaching. Prior to coaching, I was an almost daily smoker in college, then a once-/twice-a-week smoker out of college but nowadays I avoid it until the summer.

Some probability/profiling fun. Each quarter, two of our school's five coaches are randomly tested, so basically there's a 40% chance of getting picked. There was a point within our random testing where I was picked nine times in a row.

Here's the math:

0.4 (P of getting picked) raised to the 9th power ~ 0.026% probability or 1/4000 chance. At the time of the streak, my age ranged from 29-31 with longish hair...profiling anyone? :)
But... you know... apparently the profiling was correct?

Reaction Score
Got high in the library at UConn a few times, the newer library. They had smoking rooms (maybe typing rooms?) in the bottom floor where they had magazines/periodicals, and a friend would bring in a bong. We had a good time getting high and blowing smoke under the partition to the other room where some poor sap was actually working. Always fun when the check-out person who goes through your backpack finds the bong.

Speaking of the check-out person, another fun thing we did was put books in friend's backpack without telling them. Then they get discovered when exiting & it's embarassing, especially if it's a book about a weird subject, and watching them protest they knew nothing about it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm so on board with that. Weed is so strong now, no more than one or two hits and you're good for a while.

My favorite weed was in the Philippines where a buddy I used to play music with moved back to a decade ago. It grew wildly, was totally "organic" and you could smoke that stuff all day, feel relaxed but not sedate, but still function, have normal levels of energy and not have jitters.
Anyone else think he was smoking dandelions?

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I've got the same questions as some of the other posters here. "Diet weed"... compared to what? If its the newer engineered strains that could be up my alley... Guess I oughta try it to find out

Reaction Score
I feel very anxious when I smoke weed. Because of that I never use cannabis anymore (used to daily). I tried delta 8 a couple months ago because apparently it doesn't have that anxiety side effects. Can confirm it deff feels like real weed and you're much less "in your head". That being said, I tried that while watching a game with friends and I thought bouknight was Jalen Adams for a solid 5 minutes and was finally like wait why is Jalen still at UConn and then I put it all together. So yeah, it works lol.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
1. delta-9 ('thc') was first discovered and isolated in the 1960s by a scientist in israel. now, we are up to something like 113 identified components in cannabis.
original, unscrewed with cannabis naturally had roughly 8-13% thc. ask former Presidents Washington and Jefferson aboot those.
2. former President Trump signed the 2018 Farm Bill, 'legalizing' hemp, with the definition 'not more than 0.3% thc concentration.' hemp was the worlds biggest crop up until the late 1800s. cannabis/hemp is the highest biomass cultivated plant on earth. think seeds for mush, gruel, etc. think 'paper' for documents. think cloth - 'canvas.' think a whole bunch of other stuff. dupont chemical got worried in the 1930s aboot bud screwing up the business opportunities for their new oil derived products commonly known as plastics.
3. 0.3% thc is still thc. delta 8 profiles with delta 9 thc-like components, tho not technically delta 9. the Farm Bill and most world enabling legislation specifically uses the language 'delta 9' as the reference point.
3. recent lab bud can hit 30% thc levels. very dangerous. too much thc, individually dependent, triggers psychosis. overload.
paranoia will destroya.

4. edibles are mostly bad. leave that for another time, ergo
Farm Bill = hemp = opportunity for less than 0.3% delta 9 thc products.
'So whether the farm bill’s language stands, which outlaws plants with more than 0.3% delta-9 THC, or the new IFR language is adopted, which bans all tetrahydrocannabinols, will determine the fate of delta-8.'

hehe, Duke University is a world leader for research on our endocannibinoid
system.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Smoking weed is so aughts. Now that it's legal everywhere, I'm off that. And I used to burn daily...openly...didn't go anywhere without reeking of it...essentially liberalized it. Haven't touched it in over a year and have no plans to smoke again. It's weird how things work out. The old me would have loved legal weed, and now I could care less.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

Sounds like some clean, healthy, outdoor-grown weed. Much better than the THC-saturated and chemically enhanced indoor-grown stuff they sell nowadays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom