Candace Parker on First Take | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Candace Parker on First Take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good Lord people, give Candace a break. Put yourselves in her shoes. She is one of the best female basketball players in the world and was left off of the US team. That had to hurt really bad. If you were in her shoes, might you be bitter and hold a grudge towards Geno? I probably would. I hope she can work through this and find some peace for herself.

Reaction Score
i liked it. sorry but playing for UCONN does give college players an automatic advantage with USA ball. it's just a reality. Geno should go back to letting other coaches have the honor of coaching the team. it's fair and keeps USA ball from even dealing with these issues. i am sure i will catch some heat but these are just my thoughts....

You state the situation misleadingly .....

Right now in this era of WBB, UConn players as a group are simply better prepared for USA basketball than other players..... I don't see that as an unfair advantage, just reality.

USA basketball is not an honorary award. Players are actually expected to check their egos at the door, blend into the team dynamic and play hard. Otherwise don't apply

Reaction Score
Good Lord people, give Candace a break. Put yourselves in her shoes. She is one of the best female basketball players in the world and was left off of the US team. That had to hurt really bad. If you were in her shoes, might you be bitter and hold a grudge towards Geno? I probably would. I hope she can work through this and find some peace for herself.

I would not think bitterness is the healthiest response.

Reaction Score
i liked it. sorry but playing for UCONN does give college players an automatic advantage with USA ball. it's just a reality. Geno should go back to letting other coaches have the honor of coaching the team. it's fair and keeps USA ball from even dealing with these issues. i am sure i will catch some heat but these are just my thoughts....
Yes, playing for UCONN does give college players an automatic advantage with USA basketball... that's because they learned to play as a team and they learned to play hard every possession... How many WNBA Coaches say that the UCONN players are the most prepared when entering the WNBA??? You would never hear ANY former UCONN player make the same remarks that Candace did about another program... Because Geno not only makes you a better basketball player, he makes you a better person... They asked Geno to coach a second Olympics... So don't complain about Geno, complain about the people who asked him!!! The USA basketball committee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom