Can we get an updated AAC bracket? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Can we get an updated AAC bracket?

Reaction Score
I don’t want the day wave. Most people work during day. That wud require me to dvr game and turn my phone off. Hope we get the night section of the bracket Thursday and Friday. 7pm or 9:30 tips wud be perfect. Wud love if we cud avoid cincy and houston(especially Houston) as much as possible. I think if us, Houston and whichita st win, the pairings work out in our favor

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. Tulsa (14 - 4)

2. Houston (13 - 5)
Defeated Cincinnati based on winning percentage against #12 teams [Tulane] (1-0).
3. Cincinnati (13 - 5) Lost to Houston based on winning percentage against #12 teams [Tulane] (0-1).

4. Wichita St (10 - 8) Defeated Memphis and UConn based on round-robin record (2-1).
5. Memphis (10 - 8) Defeated UConn and lost to Wichita St based on round-robin record (2-2).
6. UConn (10 - 8) Lost to Wichita St and Memphis based on round-robin record (1-2).

So would be UConn vs. loser of ECU/UCF game tomorrow in 1st round, then Cincy, then Houston likely.
That wud be awful. Cincy in quarters then Houston in semis ? Worst case scenario

Reaction Score
UConn would be 5 seed. First round against 12 Tulane. 2nd round Wichita St. Semi's would be winner of Cincy/Temple/USF pod. Then whomever else in Final
This wud be perfect.

Reaction Score
So if:
Tulsa beats Wichita
Houston beats Memphis
UCONN beats Tulane
That puts us in a tie for 4th
Does this mean Wichita gets the bye and we are in the Wichita bracket?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
What we want today is:

Houston to beat Memphis
UConn to beat Tulane
Wichita St to beat Tulsa

That'll give us the 5 seed, where we'd play Tulane RD1, then Wichita St RD2, then likely Cincinnati RD3.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
What we want today is:

Houston to beat Memphis - Cougars 9 pt favorites
UConn to beat Tulane - UConn 6.5 pt favorites
Wichita St to beat Tulsa - Shockers 6.5 pt favorites

That'll give us the 5 seed, where we'd play Tulane RD1, then Wichita St RD2, then likely Cincinnati RD3.

Reaction Score
What we want today is:

Houston to beat Memphis
UConn to beat Tulane
Wichita St to beat Tulsa

How do we own the tiebreaker over Memphis?

Reaction Score
That wud be awful. Cincy in quarters then Houston in semis ? Worst case scenario
Counterpoint, that leaves open a scenario where we'd beat Cincy and Houston and lose in the finals which would put us very close to an at large bid

Reaction Score
3 o’clock game means I’ve got to pre-occupy my students for the last hour of the day so I can “check emails & grade” anxiously at my desk.
Will be blocking off calendar immediately after game if we get a day slate. Possibly even a “doctors appointment” at 3

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
From running quick scenarios it basically comes down to Tulsa and/or Memphis winning and we'll be the 6, if they both lose we'll be the 5

Why does it matter that WSU wins for us to have a chance at the 5 seed? I can see why Memphis has to lose because then we would both be 1-1 vs Houston and would give Memphis the same record as us. Memphis is 1-1 vs WSU; we are 0-1 vs WSU. Memphis is 0-1 vs Tulsa; we are 1-1 vs Tulsa. We win out there because we beat the better team. If WSU loses they would be 0-2 vs Tulsa, which would make us the only team out of the three teams to beat Tulsa. And furthermore, if Memphis and WSU lose today and we win, that would make for a 3 way tie for 4th place; since WSU is 0-2 vs Houston, Memphis wins out there because they are 1-1 vs Houston making Memphis the 5 seed and WSU the 6 seed. By that logic, shouldn’t WSU and Memphis both have to lose today for us to get the 4 seed, not the 5 seed?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anybody really think Tulsa is going into Koch arena and beating Wichita on their own floor today? That place will be a hornet's nest. They only beat them by 3 on their own floor. I'm not a Frank Haith fan in a big road game. I wouldn't bet my enemies money on that game to take Tulsa.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Does anybody really think Tulsa is going into Koch arena and beating Wichita on their own floor today? That place will be a hornet's nest. They only beat them by 3 on their own floor. I'm not a Frank Haith fan in a big road game. I wouldn't bet my enemies money on that game to take Tulsa.

I would take WSU to win, but this year has been crazy so a Tulsa win wouldn’t surprise me.

Reaction Score
Why does it matter that WSU wins for us to have a chance at the 5 seed? I can see why Memphis has to lose because then we would both be 1-1 vs Houston and would give Memphis the same record as us. Memphis is 1-1 vs WSU; we are 0-1 vs WSU. Memphis is 0-1 vs Tulsa; we are 1-1 vs Tulsa. We win out there because we beat the better team. If WSU loses they would be 0-2 vs Tulsa, which would make us the only team out of the three teams to beat Tulsa. And furthermore, if Memphis and WSU lose today and we win, that would make for a 3 way tie for 4th place; since WSU is 0-2 vs Houston, Memphis wins out there because they are 1-1 vs Houston making Memphis the 5 seed and WSU the 6 seed. By that logic, shouldn’t WSU and Memphis both have to lose today for us to get the 4 seed, not the 5 seed?
This is how the 3 way tie plays out, we'd be the 6 seed, not 4

4. Wichita St (10 - 8) Defeated Memphis and UConn based on round-robin record (2-1).
5. Memphis (10 - 8) Defeated UConn and lost to Wichita St based on round-robin record (2-2).
6. UConn (10 - 8) Lost to Wichita St and Memphis based on round-robin record (1-2).

Reaction Score
Shockers favored by 7 over Tulsa

UConn by 7 over Tulane

UCF by 7 over ECU

Houston by 9 over Memphis

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
This is how the 3 way tie plays out, we'd be the 6 seed, not 4

Ok I see now. They treat it as a mini tournament between those three teams. Thank you!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom