Can we get an updated AAC bracket? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Can we get an updated AAC bracket?

Reaction Score
This is how the 3 way tie plays out, we'd be the 6 seed, not 4

4. Wichita St (10 - 8) Defeated Memphis and UConn based on round-robin record (2-1).
5. Memphis (10 - 8) Defeated UConn and lost to Wichita St based on round-robin record (2-2).
6. UConn (10 - 8) Lost to Wichita St and Memphis based on round-robin record (1-2).
So best case we are the 6? This is so confusing

Reaction Score
So best case we are the 6? This is so confusing
There's so many scenarios, highest we can get is the 5 with a Houston and WSU win (and assuming we win). If Houston or WSU lose we drop to 6

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
UConn Loss: 6 seed
UConn Win, Memphis Loss, Wichita Win: 5 seed
UConn Win, Memphis Loss, Wichita Loss: 6 seed
UConn Win, Memphis Win, Wichita Loss: 6 seed
UConn Win, Memphis Win, Wichita Win: 6 seed
Matchups are more important than seeding I think - keep my legs away from Houston!

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I don’t want the day wave. Most people work during day. That wud require me to dvr game and turn my phone off. Hope we get the night section of the bracket Thursday and Friday. 7pm or 9:30 tips wud be perfect. Wud love if we cud avoid cincy and houston(especially Houston) as much as possible. I think if us, Houston and whichita st win, the pairings work out in our favor

Ah, the wonderful world of retirement!!

Reaction Score
Does anybody really think Tulsa is going into Koch arena and beating Wichita on their own floor today? That place will be a hornet's nest. They only beat them by 3 on their own floor. I'm not a Frank Haith fan in a big road game. I wouldn't bet my enemies money on that game to take Tulsa.
I already put 40x on Wichita st -7.5

Reaction Score
Ah, the wonderful world of retirement!!
Lol. Good fir u. I’m just jealous. I Always take the first Friday off of NCAA tourney anyways. Just can’t take this thurs/fri and next. Wud love to tho. Maybe they ll be a 2 week shutdown. Lol.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Do we have any idea how Grimes got an exception to play this year

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
This Houston Memphis game is physical . If this is a preview of the AAC tournament winning those 4 games in 4 days is going to be a serious grind. Hopefully our boys are up for matching that toughness.

Reaction Score
Counterpoint, that leaves open a scenario where we'd beat Cincy and Houston and lose in the finals which would put us very close to an at large bid
counter-counterpoints:
1) better to lose to houston in the finals than semi-finals, every additional win is huge;
2) wsu and cincy are directly in front of us on the bubble so we might leapfrog both by beating both;
3) with houston on the other side of the bracket there's a better chance of them getting upset and us avoiding them altogether- houston is the best team by far and dont want to play them again in texas

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would take WSU to win, but this year has been crazy so a Tulsa win wouldn’t surprise me.

Tulsa has never won a game at Koch arena since they've entered the league. I think before Tulsa eacked out a 3 point victory at home this year, they'd lost 6 straight to Wichita. You can never tell, but Tulsa is a 5/5 team on the road this year. Not the club you'd take to win a hostile road game on senior day. I wouldn't beat against Gregg coaching a critical game at home. Their fans are a beast in that arena.

Reaction Score
Before the games here we go...

ePBZFKy.png

UConn/Wichita wins - We'd get Tulane then Wichita then Cincy/UCF/USF.
UConn/Tulsa wins- We'd get ECU then Cincy then Houston/SMU/Temple.
Tulane/Wichita wins- We'd get Temple then Houston then Tulsa/SMU/ECU.
Tulane/Tulsa wins- We'd get Temple then Houston then Cincy/SMU/ECU.

Seems like us and Wichita wins are the best path to avoid Houston and SMU (in Dallas) until finals.

Reaction Score
Well this sucks. Unless there's a way to stream a game 3 hours later without knowing the result

Reaction Score
Well this sucks. Unless there's a way to stream a game 3 hours later without knowing the result
If I’m not mistaken, at least this game will be ESPN2 while the two later are supposed to be ESPNU (which I don’t have)

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
ESPN usually has all replays available on WatchESPN soon after they air. Just turn off all alerts and notifications on your phone. Thats what I do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom