Can anyone muster up one positive takeaway? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can anyone muster up one positive takeaway?

Reaction Score
There is one. Jack G. was massively disappointing. When he had trouble handing the ball off the first play of the game, knew he wasn’t in right mental state to lead the team.

Biggest issues is he misses guys left and right and doesn’t deliver balls where our receivers can fight for yardage. And honestly, just not a good tight spiral - hard for receivers.

While we are one game in, Krajewski looked like big, confident and delivered the rock. Yes, has missed a coupe throws but he looked far more in command of the offense. If it turns out he is our starter, got to put the decision to start Jack G today on the coaches.

While there is some negative in this post - it’s mostly positive.
Guys, let’s keep it real. Even though we prepared for two years let’s call it how it is- traditionally it’s tougher for offenses to get acclimated and defenses are usually ahead. A lot of the guys that played today on offense (skill players) was their first rodeo. Fresno played in the Fall both offensively and defensively.

Sure I wanted a more competitive game and it sucks to lose. But this was a tall task from the jump given the elements and adversity they faced.

What I did see was better LB and DB play- rallying to the football and getting the defense off the field on 3rd down- in the first qtr. That wasn’t a fluke at all. Calm down and let’s see how the first 3-4 games go before we reserve judgment

Reaction Score
I didn’t waste a ticket to go to that h@ll hole of a place. I feel for the poor guys who did. Same old , same old. Fresno was picked 4th in the MWC.
Um, no. They were picked 4th in their division of the conference. That would equate to 7th in conf, give or take.

in fairness, they’re better than 4th in the division.

Reaction Score
Randy’s plan was good, the players didn’t execute.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There's more of a chance that it get's better than worse...because this was bad.

Reaction Score
Defense actually looked ok. How do you expect them to preform in 130’degree temp after getting stops and then being right back on the field
Exactly. I love the couch QB’s that sound off like they could have done better. It was flat out oppressive out there.

Again, if 3-4 games in they look like this then we have a problem.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Krajewski has an arm. I don't know if he can connect with his receiver but he sure can throw a bomb.

Reaction Score
Exactly. I love the couch QB’s that sound off like they could have done better. It was flat out oppressive out there.

Again, if 3-4 games in they look like this then we have a problem.
You, sir, are an eternal optimist. I think the world needs more of you. But this game was a sheet sundae with all the toppings.

next week needs to be a 17+ point win. Anything less or a loss, and you will be on an island that is pretty lonely.

Reaction Score
I can't. What a let down after 21 months of preparation. Zergiotis couldn't throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field. At least McFadden looked great punting. What a disaster.
The younger guys who saw the field for the first time today are an upgrade (Mcfadden, Jones, Nate Carter, Brewton etc). The future looks better than the present.

Reaction Score
You, sir, are an eternal optimist. I think the world needs more of you. But this game was a sheet sundae with all the toppings.

next week needs to be a 17+ point win. Anything less or a loss, and you will be on an island that is pretty lonely.
Not an eternal optimist. Did you read my post? I specifically said wait 3-4 games and if it looks the same then it’s a problem. I call myself practical sir.

Who really thought that after two years off, playing against your own guys for that time (with limitations by the NCAA), traveling across the country and playing against a team that played in the Fall that was pretty good defensively- That this outcome wasn’t a distinct possibility?

Surely I didn’t want to see this outcome but it doesn’t surprise me at all that the offense lost the battle up front. Now these young men got reintroduced to game speed, heat, adversity, playing a different color jersey now let’s see how they respond. But if you kinda look through the smoke you could see some positives defensively. Offense MUST a help out the defense. But I saw the increase in athleticism for sure.

Game on!

Reaction Score
A Positive. We played. For the first time in 90 weeks, we played. While we are not back to playing at the level we all want, we are back.
Crazy that this score doesn’t make sense to some. Again, the offense has to be better. If they can shake off the rust from two year hiatus and game plan a little better and make some plays, the defense could be really good. Like I said, I saw much better athletes out there today.

Heat- 1
Huskies- 0

Reaction Score
I thought the defense was not awful. There was some positive there. But my worst fear came true where it looked like we had no business being on same field in the offensive side of the ball.

I also worry that we seemed to have no fight after we got punched in the face. I expected more. But maybe I am delusional.

Fresno State QB had almost 400yds and he only played about two quarters. They ran all over the defense, passed all over the defense, and the defense barely pressured FSs QB. The defense WAS awful just as bad as our offense. I wouldn’t give credit to UConn’s defense the first 20mins that was more FS getting rid of the rust, once they did UConn’s defense couldn’t do anything to stop their 1st and 2nd string offense

Reaction Score
Guys, let’s keep it real. Even though we prepared for two years let’s call it how it is- traditionally it’s tougher for offenses to get acclimated and defenses are usually ahead. A lot of the guys that played today on offense (skill players) was their first rodeo. Fresno played in the Fall both offensively and defensively.

Sure I wanted a more competitive game and it sucks to lose. But this was a tall task from the jump given the elements and adversity they faced.

What I did see was better LB and DB play- rallying to the football and getting the defense off the field on 3rd down- in the first qtr. That wasn’t a fluke at all. Calm down and let’s see how the first 3-4 games go before we reserve judgment
Sorry that 1st quarter defense was a fluke

Reaction Score
Fresno State QB had almost 400yds and he only played about two quarters. They ran all over the defense, passed all over the defense, and the defense barely pressured FSs QB. The defense WAS awful just as bad as our offense. I wouldn’t give credit to UConn’s defense the first 20mins that was more FS getting rid of the rust, once they did UConn’s defense couldn’t do anything to stop their 1st and 2nd string offense
Fresno State QB did that to everyone he played last year. He had over 2k yards, 14 tds and 5 int. Am I missing something here? WHOEVER couldn’t see this as a possibility was really drinking the cool aid

Reaction Score
It made for a good day for the "I told you so" crew.
It ain't an I told you so crew. Its an "how the they continue to be so bad crew?" Someone said it best. No longer the worst defense CFB history. Lets take a stab at being the worst offense in CFB history. You would have thought those were 85 Bears playing defense against us today.

Reaction Score
Not to mention, some of these players on Fresno are LEGIT Sunday prospects that played in the Fall. I’m disappointed in the outcome but not shocked at all

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom