Can anyone muster up one positive takeaway? | The Boneyard

Can anyone muster up one positive takeaway?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sometimes the Boneyard and answers itself….
CD34254D-6C94-4B95-9199-CC7C2BD5A2B8.jpeg

Reaction Score
To be honest, I was expecting worse. I think we will be competitive with Holy Cross. I am looking forward to a game that we have a chance to win.

Reaction Score
I thought the defense was not awful. There was some positive there. But my worst fear came true where it looked like we had no business being on same field in the offensive side of the ball.

I also worry that we seemed to have no fight after we got punched in the face. I expected more. But maybe I am delusional.

Reaction Score
I didn’t waste a ticket to go to that h@ll hole of a place. I feel for the poor guys who did. Same old , same old. Fresno was picked 4th in the MWC.

Reaction Score
I get it. Easy to say I told you so. But I couldn’t imagine what it felt like to be on that field in 129 degree temps. True their defense had to be out there too but not for as long as we were. Our offense didn’t help at all. But defensively, I’m encouraged. That first qtr looked solid. And it wasn’t a fluke. Guys were flowing to the ball

Reaction Score
I get it. Easy to say I told you so. But I couldn’t imagine what it felt like to be on that field in 129 degree temps. True their defense had to be out there too but not for as long as we were. Our offense didn’t help at all. But defensively, I’m encouraged. That first qtr looked solid. And it wasn’t a fluke. Guys were flowing to the ball
There small moments of D competence. But, DBs don’t wrap up, the D line has no rush and was getting blown off the ball by smaller guys, the LBs were missing in action. I cut them a break for the extreme heat, but 5 defenders missing a WR after a catch each with five yards is a total joke. The O is an utter failure across all positions with exception of Ross.

Reaction Score
I can't. What a let down after 21 months of preparation. Zergiotis couldn't throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field. At least McFadden looked great punting. What a disaster.
There is one. Jack G. was massively disappointing. When he had trouble handing the ball off the first play of the game, knew he wasn’t in right mental state to lead the team.

Biggest issues is he misses guys left and right and doesn’t deliver balls where our receivers can fight for yardage. And honestly, just not a good tight spiral - hard for receivers.

While we are one game in, Krajewski looked like big, confident and delivered the rock. Yes, has missed a coupe throws but he looked far more in command of the offense. If it turns out he is our starter, got to put the decision to start Jack G today on the coaches.

While there is some negative in this post - it’s mostly positive.

Reaction Score
To be honest, I was expecting worse. I think we will be competitive with Holy Cross. I am looking forward to a game that we have a chance to win.
Competitive? If they lose to the Cross, then the season is done and quite frankly so is Edsall and the AD has to explain a lot or be fired too.

uconn will beat the Cross.

positive, better overall tackling in space. Fewer one on one misses.

Negative, the O Line is weak and slow even against the backups.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom