2020 Recruiting: - Cam Thomas Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cam Thomas Update

Reaction Score
Thomas's variety of footwork to get his shot off, and tough shotmaking ability is incredible. Shows a real natural ability, but obviously a lot of hours in the gym too.

Bonus is that he's just a little bit small for his position in the NBA, and needs some time in a great s&c program. so I would think he's a likely candidate for 2 and done. Top 5 player if he's an inch taller and jumps a little bit better.

His oak hill stats for those curious, or too lazy to look...

23.5MPG
26.2PPG --best on the team by 8 points.
3.8 RPG
3.4 APG
1.9 TO
1.9 STL
0.4 BLK

50.2FG%
37.6 3PFG%
82.1FT%

This kid is insanely good at getting buckets. Pure scorer. He's a top 5 player if he's a little more athletic and an inch taller.
So nice ya said it twice!

Reaction Score
Thomas's variety of footwork to get his shot off, and tough shotmaking ability is incredible. Shows a real natural ability, but obviously a lot of hours in the gym too.

Bonus is that he's just a little bit small for his position in the NBA, and needs some time in a great s&c program. so I would think he's a likely candidate for 2 and done. Top 5 player if he's an inch taller and jumps a little bit better.

His oak hill stats for those curious, or too lazy to look...

23.5MPG
26.2PPG --best on the team by 8 points.
3.8 RPG
3.4 APG
1.9 TO
1.9 STL
0.4 BLK

50.2FG%
37.6 3PFG%
82.1FT%
One thing I noticed when looking at his EYBL stats, this kid isn’t just a shooter. He gets to the lane and draws contact. He averaged a solid 8-10 points per game from the line. That’s how you go from averaging 18 a game to 28, or on a bad shooting night still dropping 18-20, and can be the difference in a W or L.

Reaction Score
Would really love to see Cam Thomas at UConn. His tremendous scoring ability alongside Bouknight would really make our offense dynamic. To have two flat out scorers like this on the floor at once, plus a center, a forward, and a point, all talented, whoa, lookout, UConn is back.

C

Chief00

One thing I noticed when looking at his EYBL stats, this kid isn’t just a shooter. He gets to the lane and draws contact. He averaged a solid 8-10 points per game from the line. That’s how you go from averaging 18 a game to 28, or on a bad shooting night still dropping 18-20, and can be the difference in a W or L.
He loves going to the line - old school in some ways.

Reaction Score
Cam Thomas reminds me of Ashton Gibbs of Pitt back in the day. Same type of player. Andre Dawkins is another comparison. We can definitely use his shooting prowess.

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
I know we need a center but this kid has been my personal top choice. A future star for sure, wherever he ends up.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know we need a center but this kid has been my personal top choice. A future star for sure, wherever he ends up.
My top choice as well.

Reaction Score
Gibbs was 1st team All Big East as a junior during a VERY good Big East season (11 teams made the tournament) and Pitt was a top 5 national team. He hit 49% of his 3s on 7 a game. Maybe Thomas has a higher ceiling, but it would be a good career outcome if he were as good as Gibbs.
Cool, Ben Hansborough won Big East player of the year over Kemba. I think Kemba and Cam are both better than him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gibbs was 1st team All Big East as a junior during a VERY good Big East season (11 teams made the tournament) and Pitt was a top 5 national team. He hit 49% of his 3s on 7 a game. Maybe Thomas has a higher ceiling, but it would be a good career outcome if he were as good as Gibbs.
Cam probably won't make it to his junior year of college.

Reaction Score
Jimmer was straight buckets no doubt(against weaker comp than kemba) but there’s no way he Shudda won national player of the year over kemba that year. He was the second best player in the country

Reaction Score
FWIW, Busting Brackets predicts UConn and NC State as the two teams in the running for Cam Thomas, however they pick NC State.

"Thomas has already taken two official visits – one to NC State and one to UConn – and those two appear to be at the forefront of his list, though he has kept things pretty close to the vest."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom