2020 Recruiting: - Cam Thomas Update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cam Thomas Update

Reaction Score
Not aimed at you. It’s the general lust for elite athletes or even guys who can jump into the draft after a few years. A very good player who is fundamentally sound but maybe can get a wrist and not an elbow over the rim is good enough. Drummond is an elite athlete who stayed a year and did zip to advance the program. Obviously an elite athlete who is also a really good basketball player is great if they actually stick around long enough to make the program better.

Cam's lack of hops could keep him in college for 2 years. Could be a good thing for the program.

In general, the "freak" athletes aren't going to basketball. Too much skill is involved. Football and Track & Field are more likely to get those guys.

Reaction Score
@UConnStats was right when he mentioned that CJ McCollum was a good comp. Has that kind of old man, herky jerky game with great footwork. Can get a decent look any time he wants to. Undersized and non-elite athleticism will be what keeps him from being great if he can't improve on them.

Imagine how much he'll improve playing against Kadary Richmond every day.

Reaction Score
@UConnStats was right when he mentioned that CJ McCollum was a good comp. Has that kind of old man, herky jerky game with great footwork. Can get a decent look any time he wants to. Undersized and non-elite athleticism will be what keeps him from being great if he can't improve on them.
Worries me that he might not be able get all those turn around fades off against a D1 defender. Nevertheless, we need an elite shooter and this guy is it. The CJ comparison is so accurate tho, maybe also a Kyle Anderson, but better shooter.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
L$U. Great. Swimming with the sharks on this one. This is the type of battle we’re going to need to win eventually to take the next step
249F810F-0E79-4C42-A279-DE560735F5FE.jpeg

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
LSU and UCLA are concerning. I had a hard time not committing to UCLA when I visited their campus, and I was already attending UConn.

It’s nice to be in the Big East now though, that puts us up a peg or 2 or 3.

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder if these kids or, more importantly their coaches, read anything about what's happening in the world of basketball cheating. How can they not be concerned about LSU, Kansas, Auburn and NC State?

Oh, I forgot none of these is named UConn so why worry about any penaltied?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Wow his entire list besides us and UCLA is filled with teams that have been linked or rumored to be cheating

I had the same thought. That seems a bit odd, especially since most have hinted that the looming NC State sanctions seem to have been what pushed him away from being a lean towards them.

Reaction Score
I had the same thought. That seems a bit odd, especially since most have hinted that the looming NC State sanctions seem to have been what pushed him away from being a lean towards them.
Whats odd about it? To date, the implications to the cheating programs has been minimal. It hasn't impacted Sean Miller and Arizona, why would it anywhere else? You don't land a five star by default. Cam will have many options. Try to ignore the yard's pre-ejaculation when it comes to almost every recruit and realize that simply "being in good" with someone is similar to when you broke up with someone in high school saying "it's me, not you" to soften the blow.

Reaction Score
A lot of the schools on this list are Adidas schools as well. The fact he is considering UConn says a lot and is likely a reflection of the staff.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Wow his entire list besides us and UCLA is filled with teams that have been linked or rumored to be cheating

According to an assistant coach at Kansas, Thomas' shot is pure money... More specifically, $25,000 - $35,000.

Reaction Score
The list includes the 3 programs that are probably being watched the closest by the NCAA (NC State, LSU, Auburn). Highly doubt they’re actively paying kids while under the microscope. Thomas is from Virginia, so southeastern schools were always going to recruit him. We’re making something out of nothing here.

Reaction Score
The list includes the 3 programs that are probably being watched the closest by the NCAA (NC State, LSU, Auburn). Highly doubt they’re actively paying kids while under the microscope. Thomas is from Virginia, so southeastern schools were always going to recruit him. We’re making something out of nothing here.
Lmao. Do you really think the cheating stopped because they are under the microscope of the NCAA?

Reaction Score
Lmao. Do you really think the cheating stopped because they are under the microscope of the NCAA?
Look at their classes before and after their allegations. Night and day.

Reaction Score
You are right. Arizona was ranked 22 in 2018, and 6th in 2019. What a punishment! Oregon went from 3rd to 4th.
Didn’t say anything about either of those, I said Auburn, LSU, and NC State. Each only got 1 top 100 commit for 2019. It’s not like they’re still lighting it up on the recruiting trail. Arizona and Oregon (provided they have a decent coach) are always going to do well recruiting. You keep using them as a crutch for every argument in this thread, but Arizona isn’t going to get hurt from this stuff like other schools can.

Reaction Score
Didn’t say anything about either of those, I said Auburn, LSU, and NC State. Each only got 1 top 100 commit for 2019. It’s not like they’re still lighting it up on the recruiting trail. Arizona and Oregon (provided they have a decent coach) are always going to do well recruiting. You keep using them as a crutch for every argument in this thread, but Arizona isn’t going to get hurt from this stuff like other schools can.
LSU signed a top 18 kid and a top Juco. If your crutch is NC State, then its your argument that is weak.

Reaction Score
LSU signed a top 18 kid and a top Juco. If your crutch is NC State, then its your argument that is weak.
A “top JUCO” means nothing and Watford alone doesn’t constitute a special class. If you think they’re still cheating then go ahead and keep crying about it, but there’s very little evidence that this is the case. If you want top 50 or even top 100 kids, then yes, you may have to beat some schools that have been accused of cheating in the past.

This is all not to mention that UConn is arguably the perceived leader for Thomas, so bringing the subject up in the first place made no sense.

Reaction Score
A “top JUCO” means nothing and Watford alone doesn’t constitute a special class. If you think they’re still cheating then go ahead and keep crying about it, but there’s very little evidence that this is the case. If you want top 50 or even top 100 kids, then yes, you may have to beat some schools that have been accused of cheating in the past.

This is all not to mention that UConn is arguably the perceived leader for Thomas, so bringing the subject up in the first place made no sense.
I didn't bring it up in the first place, I was merely responding to your ludicrous assumption that because the NCAA is watching, these schools or any school has stopped cheating. We then dug deeper when you asserted that this has impacted recruiting when again, there has been no clear evidence it has impacted anything. In fact, there is greater evidence that nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom