2020 Recruiting: - Cam Thomas Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cam Thomas Update

Reaction Score
Give me Cam + Cliff. Anything else is gravy. Would be the one of the best 1-2 recruiting duos for UConn in some time.

@AndreJackson you can come on down too!

Reaction Score
Could one of the recruiting experts here give a quick comparison between Cam an Rocket Watts that we attempted to go after 2019?

Reaction Score
@UConnStats was right when he mentioned that CJ McCollum was a good comp. Has that kind of old man, herky jerky game with great footwork. Can get a decent look any time he wants to. Undersized and non-elite athleticism will be what keeps him from being great if he can't improve on them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's the new Ben Gordon (drafted 3rd overall in NBA draft).
@UConnStats was right when he mentioned that CJ McCollum was a good comp. Has that kind of old man, herky jerky game with great footwork. Can get a decent look any time he wants to. Undersized and non-elite athleticism will be what keeps him from being great if he can't improve on them.

Diametrically opposed opinions.

Ben was an elite athlete who could explode on the ground running or jumping.

Reaction Score
Diametrically opposed opinions.

Ben was an elite athlete who could explode on the ground running or jumping.

Cam has the ability to be the 3rd pick in the draft, if he picks UConn, where top lottery picks are made.

Donyell Marshall, 4th pick in the draft
Ray Allen, 5th
Richard Hamilton, 7th
Caron Butler, 10th
Emeka Okafor, 2nd
Ben Gordon, 3rd
Charlie Villanueva, 7th
Rudy Gay, 8th
Hilton Armstrong, 12th
Hasheem Thabeet, 2nd
Kemba Walker, 9th
Jeremy Lamb, 12th
Andre Drummond, 9th

Reaction Score
He is an elite athlete. Dead-eye shooting requires incredible coordination.

Referring to vertical and lateral power. He doesn't move very fast relativd to his other 5* peers. Cam is obviously otherworldly coordinated.

Reaction Score
We’re doomed.
This scares the hell out of me.......pretty rare when a stud like that “falls into our lap”. (Khalid and Charlie V maybe??)

Can we say “out-worked” instead?? Just for my state of mind.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
This kid is a pure baller (ala Shabazz) and that's what we need not another athletic freak that can jump out the gym but has to be taught just about everything else just to be serviceable. Cam can score from just about anywhere, gets his teammates involved, can handle a double, finishes with either hand, plays through contact & loves getting to the line. At the collegiate level there should be no doubt that he will be a star on a national level. We would be extremely fortunate to get this young man.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Cam is clearly not an elite athlete. His take is wrong.
Elite basketball players are not necessarily “elite” athletes, whatever that means. Any kid who helps you win is okay by me. They don’t even have to be lottery picks. Our championships were filled with top players who weren’t fabulous athletes. A couple of guards named El-Amin and Brown and guys like Giffey and others. come to mind.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Elite basketball players are not necessarily “elite” athletes, whatever that means. Any kid who helps you win is okay by me. They don’t even have to be lottery picks. Our championships were filled with top players who weren’t fabulous athletes. A couple of guards named El-Amin and Brown and guys like Giffey and others. come to mind.

At no point have I written that we should not recruit him. I am quite aware that successful college basketball players can be less than elitle athletes. Good grief boneyard

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
At no point have I written that we should not recruit him. I am quite aware that successful college basketball players can be less than elitle athletes. Good grief boneyard
Not aimed at you. It’s the general lust for elite athletes or even guys who can jump into the draft after a few years. A very good player who is fundamentally sound but maybe can get a wrist and not an elbow over the rim is good enough. Drummond is an elite athlete who stayed a year and did zip to advance the program. Obviously an elite athlete who is also a really good basketball player is great if they actually stick around long enough to make the program better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom