2020 Recruiting: - Cam Thomas Update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cam Thomas Update

Reaction Score
Why is freaking Kansas getting away free. None of these schools will get anything more than a slap on the wrist if that. LSU',Arizona, Auburn, Ncst. NCAA is a total joke.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow his entire list besides us and UCLA is filled with teams that have been linked or rumored to be cheating

You say "besides us" and yet we are on probation.

I don't know why we do this in a thread about a 5 star recruit. You guys all but accuse him of chasing money. It's a bad look and there's no evidence to support it.

Reaction Score

I don't know why we do this in a thread about a 5 star recruit. You guys all but accuse him of chasing money. It's a bad look and there's no evidence to support it.
You have to laugh at the irony in this. Of the schools listed, we are the ones on probation. I don't why, but in some odd way, I find that really funny.

Reaction Score

I simply stated what I saw. It really jumped out to me from the list. In no way did I imply anything about the kid. However if those schools are still up to no good it could make it harder for us to land this or any kid

Reaction Score
It's best to assume a 5 star kid isnt coming here until we turn this ship around. We can win and have won plenty with 4 stars. If he comes here then that's awesome.
Who is the alternative to Thomas if we dont land him?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
The tough part with 5* is that they drag out their recruitment. We can wait until January only to get screwed over and have no alternatives to Thomas. UConn is in a good spot with Cam so you have to go for it, but I really hope we aren’t left scrambling this spring. That being said, playing well this year before we head to the big east would make us attractive to good grad transfers too, so that may be the plan B to Thomas.

Reaction Score
Who is the alternative to Thomas if we dont land him?

depends if lane goes to florida and jackson goes to Syracuse. if so, then i think kadary and geronimo are the only other top150 wings we are still in contention for. please correct if wrong.

having said that, i'm not opposed to signing 1 wing and 2 centers. maybe josh gray would be open to backing up cliff/cardwell/muscadin. no idea if that's a realistic possibility.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would love to have Cam Thomas come to UConn, but we will be just fine either way.

Hurley has brought in 4 studs (Bouknight, Akok, Gaffney, & Cole) in his first full year of recruiting. I am confident Hurley will continue to bring talent to Storrs on a yearly basis, and I am even more confident since we joined in the Big East.

We will have a great class for 2020 when the dust is settled.

Reaction Score
That’s not how things are viewed out on “The Grind”. The coaching staff goes after 5 star guys.
As they should. I'm referring to the fanbase expectations not the work of the coaching staff.

Reaction Score

Nope. He’s coming to UConn for the dairy bar and the beautiful January weather.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You say that as if it is supposed to be surprising...

It’s really not, but I was catching up on the thread and “oh, shut the * up” was playing on a loop in my head after nearly every single post. It’s been well-established that none of these bastards are good at reading the tea leaves, but yet here they are, time after time.

Just pipe down.

C

Chief00

depends if lane goes to florida and jackson goes to Syracuse. if so, then i think kadary and geronimo are the only other top150 wings we are still in contention for. please correct if wrong.

having said that, i'm not opposed to signing 1 wing and 2 centers. maybe josh gray would be open to backing up cliff/cardwell/muscadin. no idea if that's a realistic possibility.
I Liked this for one reason “Syracuse” !

Reaction Score
I would not assume anything. They recruit probably around 100 players, knowing full well they will get a few.

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
By the sounds of it some of you are probably thinking of starting a new thread titled,
Boneyard buys a 5* guard:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom