Cam Spencer drafted 53 to Memphis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cam Spencer drafted 53 to Memphis

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm just so happy for him. 0 star recruit coming out of HS. Now a NC and 2nd round draftee. He has a shot and will make the most out of it!! I daresay no one has made more out of their opportunities than Cam!
I'm definitely happy for Cam, but I'm also happy for the program because that is one heck of a narrative.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Killa!

THRILLED both guys got their names called - no one expected them to have a paved path, but they deserved to be called.

Last year was the start, this year is the beginning of the avalanche. 2 lotto picks...maybe next year that's another 2 plus another 1st rounder.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hurley getting a guy like Spencer drafted is going to make him a transfer portal nightmare for opposing coaches lmao.
And Newton, those guys had no shot, respectfully, of getting drafted before coming to UConn. Tyrese Martin is another example.

If you're a super productive low major transfer, you should be praying our staff gives you a call.

Reaction Score
This must be the highest drafted 3 year Rutgers player in history
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I admit I wanted the Celtics to take him with their second pick as I love his toughness. He will be a reserve and come in a lift the team.

Reaction Score
High School '0' Star recruit means exactly what to Scouts/Coaches? It can't be that he can't play basketball.

Reaction Score
High School '0' Star recruit means exactly what to Scouts/Coaches? It can't be that he can't play basketball.
I think it basically means he didn't attract enough attention to get ranked on the scale. So they aren't so bad they "earn" a 0-star rating, rather they aren't regarded enough to get ranked in the first place.

Reaction Score
Because that's where he'll be starting if he's on a 2 way contract
I know what a two way contract is and I know what the G League is. I was not aware that Memphis had already identified Cam as a two way candidate on Draft Day without him even playing a minute in the Summer League to determine his playing status and contract for the season.

Reaction Score
I know what a two way contract is and I know what the G League is. I was not aware that Memphis had already identified Cam as a two way candidate on Draft Day without him even playing a minute in the Summer League to determine his playing status and contract for the season.
Officially, no. But they have 13 guys under contract already for next year, plus Zach Edey and Jaylen Wells drafted ahead of him. So it's a pretty safe assumption that a 2 way contract is the best case scenario for him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom