Cam Spencer Commits to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cam Spencer Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
I told you all in reaction to losing Timberlake and what we lost from this past year, just be patient just wait and trust in Hurley. He was sold after 1 practice. Our shooting and passing on this team is going to be ungodly.

Reaction Score
Starting Lineup and shooting set. PG Castle, SG/SF Newton, SG/SF Spencer, PF Karaban and C Clinigan. With a great young bench we are loaded for another Championship run. I wouldn't mind a Joey C. pickup as our last transfer. Never can have enough shooting as we saw last year.
We offered Simeon Wilcher who committed to UNC. He is back in the portal. Not quite a Joey C. Has some AJ in him as well.

Reaction Score
So I wonder if someone from Rutgers was the source, saying it was all about NIL money for Spencer

Reaction Score
I'm more happy that Hurley added more experience with all our freshman/sophomores players. To me this is huge after losing AJ and Sanogo.

The Tristan/Spencer duo will be like grandfather's schoolin the lil kids day in and day out. I'm talking opponents. I love our chances for repeat for this fact alone.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
We have a legit 2 deep rotation (and the 10 will likely become 8 or 9 by conference play)

PG - Castle, Diarra (w/ Newton minutes too)
SG - Newton, Ball
SF - Spencer, Ross
PF - Karaban, Stewart
C - Clingan, Johnson

Can't be understated how big this is. Doesn't force any freshman into too big of a role, but still plenty of minutes available for them. And tons of flexibility from the bench guys, and they all complement different pieces of the lineups
Yes indeed. Starting to shape up like another steamroller/runaway locomotive. The team you dread to play. Run you into the ground the later in the game it goes. It's only June 7 and I can't wait for the season to see them in action.

BTW, When Clingan takes a rest this guy will be lurking around in the background too.

Reaction Score
Well, I woke up to some amazing news!

It can't be understated how the addition of Spencer adds so much versatility to the backcourt. Newton, Spencer and Castle are three big guards who can score and pass and that provides Hurley and his staff so many wrinkles on how to build sets.

What got me excited for adding Newton was his ability to draw fouls and convert on the line made him an elite "closer".

Spencer is another guy you want at the end of games: 89.4 FT%, just 1.4 TOs per game, can hit the bit shot...

Spencer and Karaban are similar in that you can play them at the end of game and know that their head is going to decide the right play and their skills are trusted enough to convert the right play.

Last year, UConn was 8th in the nation with a 63.2% A/FGM ratio...I see similar excellent team basketball next year too.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
We offered Simeon Wilcher who committed to UNC. He is back in the portal. Not quite a Joey C. Has some AJ in him as well.

Rosselle Catholic (Sanogo and Sanpson) man as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Our starting 5 will all be +passers. The ball is going to fly around the court just like it did this season, if not more so.

I'm pretty sure we ran this exact play this year. Should be nice for a few Clingan dunks.

There were some real nice catch and shoots off under the basket inbound plays. Also, Rutgers runs some good stuff on those out of bounds plays.

Reaction Score
I can see 5 players averaging 10+ points a game this year. Along with 3 averaging close 4-5 assists. Going to be fun! Any guesses on what Cam’s numbers will be?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Staff is killing it. Exactly what we needed. Roster construction but also program construction is very impressive.

Having a plan is one thing, nailing the execution is much tougher. Hurley is crafting a heckuva program.

Time to get one for the thumb!!

Screenshot_20230607_061552.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm more happy that Hurley added more experience with all our freshman/sophomores players. To me this is huge after losing AJ and Sanogo.

The Tristan/Spencer duo will be like grandfather's schoolin the lil kids day in and day out. I'm talking opponents. I love our chances for repeat for this fact alone.
Roster construction is quickly becoming one of Hurley’s biggest strengths. Last year was as well constructed a roster I have seen in college in quite some time. They target a need and rarely waiver. This year seems no different.

Reaction Score

I don’t think the minutes are here now for Wilcher without risking losing Ball or Ross for the long term. A Joey C replacement doesn’t just include the tangible skill set — it means coming here hoping to earn 10 minutes a game off the bench, and being so happy to be on a big time team that if you don’t get off the bench you’re o.k. With it. That’s not Wilcher.

Reaction Score
This is great! I'll miss Andre and his presence on the floor, but he wasn't a scorer. We now have 5 capable shooters and passers on the floor. Let's GOOOO!!!!!!!

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
The only way this isn't a huge positive is if Spencer is a 'me-first' shooter. After last season's pickups I trust that won't be the case. Take the open ones, move the ball when he doesn't have it, and he'll be a great fit. Welcome!

Reaction Score
I don’t think the minutes are here now for Wilcher without risking losing Ball or Ross for the long term. A Joey C replacement doesn’t just include the tangible skill set — it means coming here hoping to earn 10 minutes a game off the bench, and being so happy to be on a big time team that if you don’t get off the bench you’re o.k. With it. That’s not Wilcher.
I don’t think the 1-3 spots on the floor are a need anymore at all. If Hurley decides he wants to fill the last scholarship that’s open, I think it would be a big. I think minutes are full now at Guard and SF.

Reaction Score
I almost posted on the big board last night but hella hand shy with this recruit and info. Since i was so wrong sunday...lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230607_074008_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230607_074008_Chrome.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 378

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Yes indeed. Starting to shape up like another steamroller/runaway locomotive. The team you dread to play. Run you into the ground the later in the game it goes. It's only June 7 and I can't wait for the season to see them in action.

BTW, When Clingan takes a rest this guy will be lurking around in the background too.

Absolutely!!! He finishes around the rim to well to sit the bench this season. Gotta get him some minutes

Reaction Score
Rutgers team wasn't supposed to be anything last season after they lost Harper and Baker. Then Spencer came along and the team was lockdown defensively which brought them some good wins. Would have been even better late in the season if not for injuries. Spencer made that team hum.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
And to Kansas with all their money and a Timberlake….na..na..na..na..na..na:):)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom