Cam Reddish Top 5 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cam Reddish Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, for whatever reason my brain messed up and I put nova in the P5. My point is the same, they're two years off of a championship and consistently make deep runs.

Reaction Score
Yeah, for whatever reason my brain messed up and I put nova in the P5. My point is the same, they're two years off of a championship and consistently make deep runs.

Consistently?

Since 2010, they went out in the first weekend 6 times.
Since 1990, Villanova has only made it to the second weekend 3 times. 3!!!!

I don't see how they are any different from UConn. In fact, since 2010, UConn has made deep runs 2x, Villanova only once.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
You know - Reddish has spoken very highly of Ollie for awhile now. I said awhile back that at some point it wouldn't surprise me if a top guy just falls in love with Ollie and really connects with him. I'm not saying we're a front runner by any means, but glad we've gotten this far. Hope we can reel this kid in.

Reaction Score
You know - Reddish has spoken very highly of Ollie for awhile now. I said awhile back that at some point it wouldn't surprise me if a top guy just falls in love with Ollie and really connects with him. I'm not saying we're a front runner by any means, but glad we've gotten this far. Hope we can reel this kid in.

Lets hope that's the case here . I sat next to Reddish and his mom (unaware at the time) at the senior day game vs cinci last year. Herbst talked to them prior to the game thanking them for being there and said unfortunately we are having a rough season and the game was going to be difficult. Both didn't seem overly enthusiastic being at the game.

I just can't see him not going to Duke

Reaction Score
Lets hope that's the case here . I sat next to Reddish and his mom (unaware at the time) at the senior day game vs cinci last year. Herbst talked to them prior to the game thanking them for being there and said unfortunately we are having a rough season and the game was going to be difficult. Both didn't seem overly enthusiastic being at the game.

I just can't see him not going to Duke

...and optimism lost...

Thanks buzzkill.

Reaction Score
Consistently?

I don't see how they are any different from UConn. In fact, since 2010, UConn has made deep runs 2x, Villanova only once.

Yeah he needs to fact check. Before his national championship that was jay wrights and to a degree novas biggest flaw. Putting together some good to great seasons and falling flat in the tournament. If they have been consistent for anything it is the fact that they are consistently my high seed that I put as getting upset in my brackets come march madness.

Reaction Score
Killer Cam is taking his 5 official visits this fall and then deciding shortly thereafter. This is the time that Ollie needs to show that he can recruit and how much of a people person and how much mothers of recruits love him.
Obviously Zion Williamson committing to Kentucky and RJ Barrett committing to Duke would help our cause tremendously as well.

Cam's father went to VCU, could be a Jeremy Lamb scenario here and we should be using that as well.

Lastly, Jim Calhoun along with Ollie should dial a couple of our legends for Cam's official visit: Ray Allen should be there and Rip, and hopefully Andre to show not only our NBA pedigree but the family aspect of the program. Markelle Fultz is close by maybe Coach Chillious can call him up for a favor to come practice with the guys that day. This could put us over the top.

PS: Montez committing could be a harbinger of good things to come

Reaction Score
Nothing new, we are always in this position. Need to seal the deal with some of these kids.

One, how about just one of these kids. KO rebounded well after the tumultous Spring, and set us well for a good comeback year and the future - but we just need a Top guy to commit and kick open the front door for more. So we can get back to somewhat selecting instead of recruiting like back in the hey days. We need to turn the worm, sorta speak.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm satisfied with just being in him and simi's top 5. It proves we are still relevant

While not 'satisfied', I'm pleased. We still make a lot of kids lists. It's not good enough of course, but it's important we remain a name school. Especially after this offseason and last year.

It's imperative to remain in the same sentence as UK, Duke, UCLA, Nova, and places like Kansas, Zona, et al.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You make it sound like UConn has closed multiple top 10 guys in recent years. Rudy was our last one in '04...

Nobody is overhyping making his top 5, but it's certainly noteworthy and good to see.

People seem to discount it, but Andre Drummond.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Drummond ended up ranked 83rd due to the last minute class switch, but yes he clearly was a legit top 5 recruit.

That's reaaaaally banking on a technicality. He was #2 behind Davis going in.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't usually spend much time on package deals - but there have been some whispers.

How many of these things come to fruition really? Not that many.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Think everyone with a Twitter should start Tweeting stuff at him. May be stupid but showing all the support from UConn could be just a small thing to make a kid feel really wanted and realize he can be part of a school that not only produces great players but wins championships. Tweet him and give him a reason why UConn should be it. Lose nothing by trying!
Go read his mentions, people are tweeting at him and it looks ridiculous. At the same time I'm sure some players use that as a factor in picking schools, all about "shine"

Hate to say it, but kids love that these days. Whether that sways a decision in any way is probably up to the individual kid on a case by case basis.

It's all about ego for a lot of these kids. Social media + AAU is a powerful drug.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Consistently?

Recency bias. In today's day and age, that's a real thing with kids. I mean, some kids might consider 2014 ancient history.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Anyone who compares the Ollie eras to the Calhoun eras like you did is a complete idiot!

(Just joking--I made this "mistake" last week and was laughably called on it).

I just thought it was hilarious that JC wasn't even capable of this...yet UCONN under Ollie is supposed to? Laughable too

There are zero expectations that can be met.

Reaction Score
UConn mens Basketball twitter just started following Reddish. They only follow current players, commits, and Hami D...

But did they follow other prospects only to delete them after they chose elsewhere?

Reaction Score
But did they follow other prospects only to delete them after they chose elsewhere?
Think the only two were the Italian PG that chose Texas Tech and Hamidou Diallo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom