Cam Reddish Top 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cam Reddish Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How quickly people forget about Andre Drummond. Daniels was right there as well.
Drummond ended up ranked 83rd due to the last minute class switch, but yes he clearly was a legit top 5 recruit. So we've got 1 in the last 10+ years? Daniels was in the teens.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah, I honestly don't know how anyone has a negative reaction to this news
I totally agree Guapo but you know some....................
Then again some of us are Pollyanna
To be a program in the cesspool (as some have said) and to be coming off a losing season and still be in the final 5 of a bona fide top 10 recruit is good news

Reaction Score
Barrett choosing Duke or Kentucky would be a boost here.
Could see Barrett and/or Bagley going to Duke. Would cover them at the 3 and 4. Also, Shittu crystal ball is going heavy to Kentucky today, and he is a similar player to Reddish as well. Zion Williamson could also be UK bound as well. If those guys got to Duke and UK and that spurns Reddish from those schools then I honestly don't hate our chances vs Nova and UCLA.

C

Chief00

You make it sound like UConn has closed multiple top 10 guys in recent years. Rudy was our last one in '04...

Nobody is overhyping making his top 5, but it's certainly noteworthy and good to see.
Drummond was a top 5 player for sure - reclass or not.

Reaction Score
You make it sound like UConn has closed multiple top 10 guys in recent years. Rudy was our last one in '04...

Nobody is overhyping making his top 5, but it's certainly noteworthy and good to see.

Your really wrong on that one......Daniel Hamilton and Drummond were both top 10 in the same year.........and plenty more.

I'm not saying top 5-10 that have committed to us, but simply putting us in there "top 5" that so many of these kids like to do....

We are (were) UConn. We should be on at least 80% of "top 5" every year.

Reaction Score
Your really wrong on that one.Daniel Hamilton and Drummond were both top 10 in the same year....and plenty more.

I'm not saying top 5-10 that have committed to us, but simply putting us in there "top 5" that so many of these kids like to do....

We are (were) UConn. We should be on at least 80% of "top 5" every year.

Show me where Hamilton was ever top 10.

The same year? Uh, no.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure DHam was between 15 and 19.

And I'm also pretty sure there haven't been "plenty more."

Reaction Score
DeAndre Daniels had an RSCI ranking of 32, he was highly regarded but his top 10 ranking by Meyer was an outlier

Reaction Score
Show me where Hamilton was ever top 10.

The same year? Uh, no.
I think he means Deandre Daniels. Rivals actually did have him at #10 in the 2011 class (Rivals.com). Nobody else had him that high.

Edit: I researched this and posted it while aceboon was posting his.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Think everyone with a Twitter should start Tweeting stuff at him. May be stupid but showing all the support from UConn could be just a small thing to make a kid feel really wanted and realize he can be part of a school that not only produces great players but wins championships. Tweet him and give him a reason why UConn should be it. Lose nothing by trying!

Reaction Score
We are either odd man out or he's ours based on the uniform colors he's wearing in the tweet. Also Paul is dead

Reaction Score
Hamilton ranked as high as 9 according to 247

Good to know he had that ranking at one time. I would point out though that the article was written on February 13. Hamilton was a junior at the time. By this standard, if we go 2 years out, Vance Jackson is a top 15 player

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Think everyone with a Twitter should start Tweeting stuff at him. May be stupid but showing all the support from UConn could be just a small thing to make a kid feel really wanted and realize he can be part of a school that not only produces great players but wins championships. Tweet him and give him a reason why UConn should be it. Lose nothing by trying!

Go read his mentions, people are tweeting at him and it looks ridiculous. At the same time I'm sure some players use that as a factor in picking schools, all about "shine"

Reaction Score
Could see Barrett and/or Bagley going to Duke. Would cover them at the 3 and 4. Also, Shittu crystal ball is going heavy to Kentucky today, and he is a similar player to Reddish as well. Zion Williamson could also be UK bound as well. If those guys got to Duke and UK and that spurns Reddish from those schools then I honestly don't hate our chances vs Nova and UCLA.

Shittu and Reddish are not similar players. Where one goes will have no impact on the other

Reaction Score
Our program has really reached mid major status when we are having an aneurism over making a top 10 recruits "top 5"
No aneurysm ..........those 4 schools are nice company to keep.....depends on what the kid wants for his one year, hard to beat Duke / KY for 1 & done's but that rule may change soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom