Calling all Huskies (Offering 2 tix for tomorrow for next best MarkersMuppet responses) | The Boneyard

Calling all Huskies (Offering 2 tix for tomorrow for next best MarkersMuppet responses)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is Skinner, the guy from Maui. I want to thank every boneyard support that has always stated 100% supportive and a believer in our program, i.e., Jim Calhoun and now Kevin Ollie.

We have all experienced 28 years of the greatest basketball run since John Wooden. We were blessed to have Coach Calhoun lead us for 26 years. Now Coach Ollie, words cannot describe the quality of them as a coach, but more importantly as people. They are two of the greatest people I have ever met, I am lucky to be able to call them my friends. We need to rally behind through the highs and the lows (some of you seem to forget this) so that we can have the opportunity to experience what I believe we are going to experience tomorrow night. This is one of the greatest teams that we have had, both on and off the floor, in our history. I think tomorrow night we will rewrite the history books and find ourselves in a special place of 5 final fours in 15 years.

I would love to see a second MarkersMuppet response about tomorrow and for that I would offer two seats sitting next to me in the middle of mayhem for the two best posts.

Calling all boneyarders (all true UConn lovers), lets do this! Join me tomorrow at the worlds most famous arena. You have until 10:00pm tonight to submit your Husky response. In the famous words of Keyser Soze, as you have found me, I will find you...

LETS DO THIS! Its time to do what we do when our backs are against the wall(#7 seed, blah blah)WIN CHAMPIONSHIP!.. As I screamed at Kemba, You are a F....N ( ) Warrior after the 3 against Kentucky in Maui... and said to the greatest Uconn fan McIntosh ..we are gonna win a Championship this year(2011). I now say the same thing! It is our time and we can and will do this! In KO we believe, we deliver and we ARE UCONN! JOIN ME AND RISE UP!! ITS TIME.. TEN TOES IN.. THIS IS OUR CITY.. WE ARE NEW YORK'S FAVORITE.(oh i am sorry where is Syracuse, DUKE, Pitt, Indiana, UCLA, Carolina,Nova, Ohio State, Kansas, Texas and Louisville right now(no I didn't say BC and PC).. playing golf.. while we win a championship and open our NEW Practice Facility)

LET DO THIS!!!.. #IBLEEDBLUE #TENTOESIN #GO HUSKIES

Love you guys and all your comments.. but most importantly your love our our great school, our program and these players! We are UCONN! Let's go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Following up on all the great mojo from yesterday, I gotta say man, I LOVE THIS TEAM. I LOVE THE HIGHLIGHTS, and the NAMES. The moments, the history, and I love that this team rarely disappoints. They give you something to love and believe in, year after year after year. Not always the top contender, consistently in the top 5, but we do it right. WE BUILD and then REBUILD.

20 YEARS I've been a UCONN DIE HARD, and it's been a huge part of my life, a great amount of my happiness. This is something we can all share with all the BS that life throws your way, the ups and the downs, we've been lucky to know for years that from November to March, we will have something to get excited about on cold Monday nights, or Saturday afternoons. No ties to the school, in Cuse country, I rep the HUSKIES and will until the day I DIE baby!

THE REVENGE TOUR CONTINUES, Iowa State DOWN, Michigan State, in the words of the great CHONG LI from Bloodsport

"YOU'RE NEXT"

Reaction Score
Awesome and generous offer, and expression of fandom, Skinner. Let the mojo magic begin.

Reaction Score
"To worry, worry, super-scurry
Call the troops out in a hurry
This is what we've waiting for
This is it boys, this is war" -Nena 99 Red Ballons

This is it. This is UConn. We aren't Duke. We aren't UNC. We aren't UCLA. We aren't Kentucky. Thank god we are UConn! This is Americas team. Hard working, loyal, inspiring, fighters, dreamers, winners. We are they say the right thing, do the right thing team! The history is there, we all know that. It's time to add to the history books, even though the ink still isn't dry from all our recent success...let's keep that pen writing.

UConn vs Michigan State : RAMSTEIN AIR BASE, Germany November 9, 2012.
Where the Mojo began for me. Not just a win. The start. The new beginning. Seeing all the player surround KO at the end of the game while being interviewed will always stay with me. Ive never seen that. A team, a real team showing such a bond and a love and happiness for their coach and eachother. It has changed since then, growing stronger! These aren't teammates, they are brothers and I never believed that more now in this team. The site of the whole team surround coach has become a more common thing at UConn and I love it.
We aren't Duke. We aren't UNC. We aren't UCLA.

Thank god we are UCONN. We are better and we will WIN!
KevinOllieSyracuseGame.jpg

Reaction Score
Just want to wish everyone luck in their efforts to join what is obviously one of UConn's greatest fans ever…..it will be fun to view these posts and realize what wonderful fans surround us here on the Boneyard. Let's see the creativity for those who want to sit beside him and try to match his passion in an attempt to bring home the next FF victory for our believed Huskies.

And also while you are at it, be very happy I already have put together plans for a Husky affair at my residence because if I were to play in this event, you all could just put your keyboards away! ;)

Nice job Skinner - hopefully someone steps up and belongs with you watching this precious 40 minutes of UCONN basketball!!!

Reaction Score
I have been a Uconn fan since 1989 and have cheered them on through thick and thin! Never missed a game. We have had our share of adversity over the years. Now is the time to rejoice and cheer on our team as never before! Forget all the nay-sayers and boo hooers! We have the best backcourt in the country and a great Coach in KO! We are UCONN and this is Uconn Country damn it and we will rise above the rim to get to the final 4!
I love this team goooooooooooooo Huskiesssssssss!!!!!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Everytime I watch that video a new question pops into my head. Like, "How did you get those seats?" or "Did you anticipate warm temperatures in the arena, which is why you chose not to wear shoes?"

But this time it was, "I wonder what your blood alcohol content was?"

With that said, LETS GO HUSKIES AND LETS BEAT SPARTY!

Reaction Score
MSG = The step back. The step back has been the most crucial part of modern day UCONN men’s basketball. Kemba has hit it. Napier has hit it. As a program Uconn has hit it. It's in the program's DNA now. The garden tomorrow is our place to take another step back.

I'm sorry if I'm not throwing in the towel because Adrian Payne is a Clingan, Izzo is Gandalf in March and every sackless pundit crowned MSU 2014 champion 13 days ago. None of those things win games. We didn't piss ourselves when Elton Brand took off his warm-ups in 99. We didn't cry "no fair" when we had to play JJ in 04. And we sure as didn't get punked by 4 consecutive ranked opponents in 11. I'm not dreaming of someone else eating my lunch off my wife's abs in front of my kids. The mojo demands a sack, and we all need to sack up over the next day. The only slap in the face this team will take is from it's coach, and that's why we need to be testiculo. The mojo works in mysterious ways, embrace it, believe in it, be it.

Give the tickets to tcf. His efforts have pleased the basketball gods in ways only Charlie could understand.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Give the tickets to tcf. His efforts have pleased the basketball gods in ways only Charlie could understand.
I second this. Without tcf, our memories would just be memories. Now everytime we want to re-live our memories we can go to his YouTube channel. 99% of teams don't have a tcf. Heck, I would start him over Ennis.

Reaction Score
This is Skinner, the guy from Maui. I want to thank every boneyard support that has always stated 100% supportive and a believer in our program, i.e., Jim Calhoun and now Kevin Ollie.

We have all experienced 28 years of the greatest basketball run since John Wooden. We were blessed to have Coach Calhoun lead us for 26 years. Now Coach Ollie, words cannot describe the quality of them as a coach, but more importantly as people. They are two of the greatest people I have ever met, I am lucky to be able to call them my friends. We need to rally behind through the highs and the lows (some of you seem to forget this) so that we can have the opportunity to experience what I believe we are going to experience tomorrow night. This is one of the greatest teams that we have had, both on and off the floor, in our history. I think tomorrow night we will rewrite the history books and find ourselves in a special place of 5 final fours in 15 years.

I would love to see a second MarkersMuppet response about tomorrow and for that I would offer two seats sitting next to me in the middle of mayhem for the two best posts.

Calling all boneyarders (all true UConn lovers), lets do this! Join me tomorrow at the worlds most famous arena. You have until 10:00pm tonight to submit your Husky response. In the famous words of Keyser Soze, as you have found me, I will find you...

LETS DO THIS! Its time to do what we do when our backs are against the wall(#7 seed, blah blah)WIN CHAMPIONSHIP!.. As I screamed at Kemba, You are a F....N ( ) Warrior after the 3 against Kentucky in Maui... and said to the greatest Uconn fan McIntosh ..we are gonna win a Championship this year(2011). I now say the same thing! It is our time and we can and will do this! In KO we believe, we deliver and we ARE UCONN! JOIN ME AND RISE UP!! ITS TIME.. TEN TOES IN.. THIS IS OUR CITY.. WE ARE NEW YORK'S FAVORITE.(oh i am sorry where is Syracuse, DUKE, Pitt, Indiana, UCLA, Carolina,Nova, Ohio State, Kansas, Texas and Louisville right now(no I didn't say BC and PC).. playing golf.. while we win a championship and open our NEW Practice Facility)

LET DO THIS!!!.. #IBLEEDBLUE #TENTOESIN #GO HUSKIES

Love you guys and all your comments.. but most importantly your love our our great school, our program and these players! We are UCONN! Let's go Huskies!

I am going in a group of 3 and we are still looking for tix (hoping prices drop a little more before we buy anything) so I can't ditch one of my friends, but if it was me and one other friend, I would definetly take the time to write an extemely long post professing my love of the huskies, but in short I just want to say:

1. Your awesome
2. I love the passion and intensity you show for the team (I remember watching that Maui game on tv and seeing your reaction and thinking, that guy is kind of crazy... but I want to grow up and be just like him!)
3. Love that your giving two free tix away to those who show most husky pride
4. My vote also goes to tcf... he deserves it for all the highlight clips he has put together this year!
5. LETS BLOW MSU'S EARDRUMS OUT TOMORROW AND HELP THE TEAM GET TO THE FF!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Please take OkaForPrez. He's driving me (dad) and wife (Sam) crazy with non stop chatter on why this "is Doable". He's running a round the house telling everyone he's going with you. Please take him get him out of the house. Please!

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
Dear Skinner,

You are awesome. This is really amazing of you to offer up tickets to this game. I was a member of the pep band in 1999 and besides my wedding day and the birth of my 3 children, 15 years ago today against Duke will always be the greatest day of my life. You can see me going crazy after the final in this video at about 37 seconds. I'm the trombone player with the shaved head who was jumping around like a lunatic.

Anyways, the cost of tickets is just too much for me right now, which is killing me because I would do anything to be there. Bringing my 8 year old son would even make it that much better. Anyways, I'm sure you will pick a most deserving person. 77-74! GOOOOOOOOO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
Dear Skinner,

You are awesome. This is really amazing of you to offer up tickets to this game. I was a member of the pep band in 1999 and besides my wedding day and the birth of my 3 children, 15 years ago today against Duke will always be the greatest day of my life. You can see me going crazy after the final in this video at about 37 seconds. I'm the trombone player with the shaved head who was jumping around like a lunatic.

Anyways, the cost of tickets is just too much for me right now, which is killing me because I would do anything to be there. Bringing my 8 year old son would even make it that much better. Anyways, I'm sure you will pick a most deserving person. 77-74! GOOOOOOOOO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. We got championship rings that year for being in the band, so of course I would wear that to the game and let you try it on! :eek:

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
A quick note before I start my rant. Just wanted to say thanks to Skinner for his support of the Huskies and the UConn family in general. He bought everyone in the bar drinks as we celebrated the 2011 Elite 8 win over Arizona. Love the UConn pride bleeding blue throughout. So thanks again for that and hopefully see you in Dallas next weekend.

Now, this run has truly been a tremendous ride and it's not over yet. It's felt incredibly good this year, more than normal, I think for 2 reasons. The first is that it's one of those things that you know is special in the moment. That's really rare to be able to realize as it's happening that you're experiencing something that you'll never forget and will join the rotation of sports glory stories that you pass down to the kids and future Huskies.

The second is that good Lord it sucks being kicked in the nuts every day for 3 years straight. April 4, 2011. National champions. Just 3 months removed from our first BCS appearance. We were doing what we do: WINNING. Kings of the Big East. New darlings on the football field and widely-discussed as the up and coming program. One of the most successful athletic departments in the country.

Then everything goes to . Pitt and Cuse bounce and the conference we've loved like family blows up. FHCPP Pasqualoni's the football program right into the ground and frankly, an embarrassment. Emmert exacts his revenge and APR's all over us.

These past few years have been a damn train wreck in so many ways. Body blow after body blow, all playing out to the joy of the Fruit alums at ESPN.

Yet here we are. 40 minutes from our 5th Final Four in 16 seasons. Madison Storrs Garden. No one giving us a shot to win this. Everyone, including the President, has MSU winning this game and the whole thing. That's the narrative.

But when have we ever adhered to the narrative? In the 1980's and 90's, Calhoun heard all the talk about how UConn's peak was a regional power, and said no. Instead we became the most successful program of the last 25 years, nationally. In 1999, our team heard all the talk about how Duke was the greatest college basketball team ever assembled, and said no. Instead we shocked the world, but not ourselves. In 2011, we heard talk going into the BET about how we weren't even going to make the NCAA, and said no. Instead we just won 11 straight games on our way to our 3rd national championship in 13 years, and Kemba became a legend. The past 3 years, we've heard it from everywhere: we're done as a program, we had a good run but it was all Calhoun, we're mid-major, our athletic department is going to collapse, and we said no. Instead, we're putting together another magical March run and showing we aren't going anywhere. Fyck the narrative.

When we look back on this run after getting invited to the B1G, whether it's in 3 months or 2 years or whenever, know that it was you guys, showing up in MSG tomorrow, beating the B1G's prized program, in NYC, being as loud as , influencing this game our way and willing this team to victory, that helped get us there. Know that every decibel level you raise tomorrow will be your contribution to the trajectory of this athletic department and university going forward. But just as importantly, leave it all in that arena because that's what our guys are doing. Support them with everything you've got because they've earned every bit of it.

I can't make this game in MSG, I just touched down in Dallas for business. KO and crew will be coming here to do the same in just a few days. For those that won't make it, here's a shot of our next destination from the plane.

photo.JPG

40 minutes to Dallas. Let's fycking go boys

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Around twenty minutes ago there arose an idea. An idea that was was picking up steam. An idea that started in East Lansing, Michigan. This idea spread across the rustbelt faster than it takes for Syracuse to get bounced from the NCAA tournament. This idea became infectious. Those sad creatures which had the experience of having been born with the most diminished of mental capacities became infected first. Unfortunately these simpletons worked in positions of great influence. And so this idea spread from the likes of Vitale and Barkley to pretty much the entirety of the broadcast teams for ESPiN and CBS. From there the idea seeped into the minds of anonymous posters of other teams -- and eventually that idea was brought all the way to our treasured Boneyard.

That Idea: That Michigan State has any freaking chance to win tomorrow IN OUR FREAKING HOUSE

And you know what Boneyard?? Anyone who has ever asked what time a game is scheduled for, knows that 20 Minutes is a longggggggggg time. But that time is up. Finished. Done. Michigan State can go throw rocks... or broken off hood ornaments, whatever is easier to find. Why you ask? Well in case you ride the short bus with Sir Charles let me fill you in goddamnit.

1) We have Shabazz. And I'm done. Well no I'm goshdarn not done, but you see how I could be because WE HAVE SHABAZZ. The size of the testiculos on this kid has to be measured in Hilton units. If you calculate the exchange rate on the amount of American clutch points Shabazz has into Canadian ones, you would need about 7 Denham Browns to make up the difference. We have Shabazz, and Michigan State does not.

2) We are UConn. Forget whatever the hell you think it was that some guy on the television was trying to explain to you about State being "hot right now" or "more battle tested from being in a power conference." You know who else was battle tested? The Germans after they bombed Pearl Harbor. But I seem to remember nobody giving a flying rats that the Germans were in some fancy old "Axis of Evil Conference" when we kicked the snot out of them up and down the beaches of Normandy. The point is that as much as the ACC would make you want to believe, the season does not end in February. Teams do play basketball in March. And you know what? There is one team that always plays in March... and always wins in March ... and seemingly never ceases to shock the whole entire world EVERY MARCH. Oh ya, that team is your very own UConn Huskies.

3) We are playing IN OUR HOUSE. Madison Storrs Garden isn't just something that happened with Stubhub and fancy promo videos this past week. This is the product of domination. The product of decimating each and every tournament after tournament that ran through New York over the last 25 years. Its the product of UConn being the biggest, meanest, most ruthless dog on the block that will rip you to freaking pieces if you stand between it and the goshdarn nylon its going to cut down after the last whistle has blown. That building is going to be rocking. Because you will be there. And I will be there. And we are going to rock the place so hard we'll be lucky not to crash through the floor straight into Penn Station.

Consider that stupid idea dispelled Michigan State. Your 20 minutes are up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom