Calipari getting his own 30 for 30 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calipari getting his own 30 for 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Glass houses...

"During a recruiting battle, Tarkanian wrote, UConn signed a player named Souleymane Wane in 1997 after reportedly convincing him that Tarkanian was dying of cancer at Fresno State."

I don't know who would have said that but please tell me on his staff (or he?) would have even come close to that? On the other hand I have no doubt Calipari did.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Make me watch this. OTOH, one can hope it makes UMass look pathetic.

Reaction Score
Much as I hate the guy, and I REALLY hate the guy, you have to admire how he's managed to use ESPN. Oodles and oodles of free marketing for his recruiting machine....we may not like it, but it's genius, and the morons in Bristol can't suck it down fast enough.

Reaction Score
I don't know who would have said that but please tell me on his staff (or he?) would have even come close to that? On the other hand I have no doubt Calipari did.

I have no doubts about Calipari either. I do believe Tark though and I do believe that JC had nothing to do with it as he was quoted as saying afterwards. Our staff Was Hobbs, Howie, and Tom Moore. Assumption is dangerous, but I know who I'd put my $$ on.

Reaction Score
I have no doubts about Calipari either. I do believe Tark though and I do believe that JC had nothing to do with it as he was quoted as saying afterwards. Our staff Was Hobbs, Howie, and Tom Moore. Assumption is dangerous, but I know who I'd put my $$ on.

Can't identify a source on that staff hmmmm?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You are wrong on that. While Tark never admitted that he made it up (or at a minimum, misspoke) his story on the cancer accusations changed about a half dozen times. The common belief is that Tark heard about the Calipari/Carnasecca accusation, attempted to claim something similar happened to him but never kept his story straight.

I'm curious if the Orlando Antigua recruiting gets addressed in this show.

Reaction Score
I hope they include two doses of this

Miss Napier. He had incredible rhythm and feel to his game.

Wanted that Waters kid for that reason. A point that can stroke it like that is valuable.

Reaction Score
You are wrong on that. While Tark never admitted that he made it up (or at a minimum, misspoke) his story on the cancer accusations changed about a half dozen times. The common belief is that Tark heard about the Calipari/Carnasecca accusation, attempted to claim something similar happened to him but never kept his story straight.

I'm curious if the Orlando Antigua recruiting gets addressed in this show.

You may be right... But you are accusing Tark of lying. The same can be said about Calipari. It was never proven. It was a rumor that made the rounds; same with the Tark deal. Both may be untrue. Both may be true. We'll never know.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The Carnasecca incident made the rounds immediately after it allegedly occurred. The Tarkanian allegation was made nearly a decade after it supposedly occurred and the story changed several times. Sonyeah, other than that they are identical.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Look at all these jealous Calipari lovers in here.

Reaction Score
Calhoun is featured in this:

"Former UConn coach Jim Calhoun, who has strong opinions throughout the film regarding Calipari’s one-and-done approach, described a young Calipari as a successful recruiter yet arrogant and brazen on the recruiting trail who ruffled feathers among Big East coaches."

Sounds like he rips Calipari in the film so this could become must see TV.

Source

Reaction Score
I always find it incredible how no 30 for 30 has ever been done on UCONN Basketball.

Here ESPN is in CT, gets tons of state $$ and these cant do a story on UCONN when its highly warranted:

UCONN, located in rural Eastern Connecticut goes on to become the only school to win the NCAA National Championship in BOTH Men's and Women's Basketball in the same year. They essentially did this starting from scratch!

Then they did it again!!!!

Oh, by the way, then the Women's team won 4 straight titles and set the a record for consecutive games won. Then they did it again, eclipsing their previous record, winding up at an incredible 111 games. Oh btw, it took a lucky shot at the buzzer in overtime to finally stop the unbeaten streak at 111.

Tell me that all that is not truly a compelling story worthy of a 30 for 30.

Instead, these ESPN choose to glorify a convicted multiple time crooked cheeter, who wins at of all places, Kentucky.

F ESPN.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
"What if I told you this agricultural college in a small town in Connecticut would go on to become the most dominant basketball school in the country?"

30 for 30: Geno and Jim.

Love it but that was used before in 2004, forgot which network, but it was used

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I can't believe they actually made this two hours. I can't believe I'm watching this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom