Calhoun to officially take St. Joe's job | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calhoun to officially take St. Joe's job

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who doesn't like this?
Its in his blood. He's a basketball junkie and doing television commentary wasn't doing it for him. Plus he doesn't appear to be the type of person that likes to do nothing.

Just saying he probably wanted out of (semi) retirement and to be 'active' again and being an Advisor, he may feel is the best course or better than behind a microphone.

Reaction Score
I'm convinced some people think he is going to coach in the A10, based on the thread title.

Reaction Score
He's helping start a D3 program at a tiny former women's school in his home state because he's bored and still wants to teach, he's not going to coach at Syracuse.
JC's also helping out a friend, ex-UConn assistant coach, Bill Caldarelli, who joined UConn and JC in Storrs way back in 1986. For a few decades+, Caldarelli coached at St. Joseph's and subsequently led the Division III program as AD. Part-time, consultant/advisor. Now, that should undermine and diminish JC's hoops' reputation. :rolleyes:

C

Chief00

Well, he got Miller a coaching gig - checked

I would love to know all the details of the understanding with UConn for Calhoun to keep collecting the $400k? And as “adviser” he can keep living in South County RI for much of the year.

Of course, it keeps Miller occupied recruiting D3 players and not plotting a bitter lawsuit. So UConn benefits that way.

Reaction Score
I selfishly want him spending his time advising UConn but I'm happy for JC if this makes him happy. Good for St Joes getting the legend Jim Calhoun to be part of their program.

Reaction Score
....Hope UConn will decrease the amount of money they pay him to be an "advisor" if he'll be spending so much time at St. Joseph's.
Why? Not that you or anyone has reason to know how much time JC will actually advise St. Joseph's nor have any basis to reference "so much time", why do you @UConnFanMSM believe some part-time advising, phone calls, appearances or whatever during prospective recruits visits will impede JC's ability or current part-time assistance to make some calls on behalf of UConn, glad hand some alumni and other prospective UConn donors, etc.?

Reaction Score
Sweet, I've still got my eligibility left. They say it's never too late to go back right?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What your feeling is the discomfort of seeing a legacy diluted.
Diluted?
Are you sure that's the word you wanted to use
If so, how do you seeing it being "diluted"
I see it as someone doing something he loves doing without the pressure of D1 sports and expectations
He was and always will be a gamer and fiercely competitive

I knew a guy in Fort Meyers Fla who was an extremely successful banker - president of a regional size bank in the Midwest. He retired, missed meeting people and helping people so guess what? He took a job ringing a register and bagging at a Winn-Dixie. Do I look at him as being diluted? Hell no, I admired him even more. The same thing with JC

Reaction Score
Not sure if possible with them being DIII, but I would love to see them scheduled as an exhibition game just to see Calhoun on the sideline again in XL/Gampel.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not sure if possible with them being DIII, but I would love to see them scheduled as an exhibition game just to see Calhoun on the sideline again in XL/Gampel.

That would end up being the greatest ovation of all time.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Those youngins wouldn't know what to do with my old man's game. I would at once be more sturdy and more fragile than every one of them.

Nothing throws fear into an opponent faster than the realization that you are a present danger to everyone in the arena, including yourself.

Reaction Score
Well, he got Miller a coaching gig - checked

I would love to know all the details of the understanding with UConn for Calhoun to keep collecting the $400k? And as “adviser” he can keep living in South County RI for much of the year.

Of course, it keeps Miller occupied recruiting D3 players and not plotting a bitter lawsuit. So UConn benefits that way.
What do D3 coaches make? I bet Miller was making more as an assistant at UConn than he will be as the head coach at St. Joe's.

Reaction Score
Glad he did that. He does not need to take bus trips with the team when they play Springfield college in MASS. He needs to be a figure head that will help the university recruit more student. I believe they might be recruiting more international students with the new COED thing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom