C Zach Brown | Page 17 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Durham went from "Top 5 list coming soon" right to "Its Ollie, baby!".

So hopefully Zach goes from "no decision Monday" to..."Its Ollie, baby!" soon.

Reaction Score
One writer doesn't say it is happening today (he didn't even say it wasn't happening) and this place loses faith in the surplus of sources we have that say it is...I see we practiced our worrisome ways over the long weekend.

Just do what I do, check back every 20 minutes.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Wow... I missed a lot of posts last night and now I'm significantly more excited.

Reaction Score
Durham went from "Top 5 list coming soon" right to "Its Ollie, baby!".

So hopefully Zach goes from "no decision Monday" to..."Its Ollie, baby!" soon.

Hey Dove, how did the weekend surveillance go? Did you follow ZB back to Florida?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No problem. We're on it!

drone1.jpg

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Love this development! Would be an absolutely AMAZING start to 2017 class!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Hey Dove, how did the weekend surveillance go? Did you follow ZB back to Florida?
Thanks for asking, nyc. No on Florida.

Upon getting out of the Champions Center sewer I became violently ill. Spent the weekend in bed.

Reaction Score
Miami and NC State coming to his school this week specifically trying to prevent an early verbal to UCONN.

Zach: Keep focused with your eyes on the prize (UCONN).

Reaction Score
Thanks for asking, nyc. No on Florida.

Upon getting out of the Champions Center sewer I became violently ill. Spent the weekend in bed.

Hope you feel better. The good news is it appears Fleud has you covered until you get back on your feet.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/uconn-miami-in-good-position-with-2017-center-zach-brown/

“Connecticut is one of the strong considerations,” Michael Lipman,Brown’s legal guardian, told SNY.tv by phone on Tuesday.

“I think you have a head coach, Kevin Ollie, that is a flat-out great coach. He has developed Andre Drummond. We have to find a system that is a good fit academically and a good fit for a big man, and that is going to showcase his offensive skills. And you need a team that’s going to compete while he’s there for the national championship.”

Lipman also mentioned that Brown already has a bond with 2016 UConn commit Alterique Gilbert, a point guard.

“He played with Alterique Gilbert in the [Nike] Global Games and they won the whole thing,” Lipman said. “The two of them were tremendous. You need a strong one, you need a system that’s going to build around the big man. Kevin Ollie and his staff are just tremendous.”

Lipman also listed Miami, Kentucky, N.C. State, South Carolina and Florida among the school recruiting Brown.

Miami will come in for a school visit on Wednesday and N.C. State comes in Saturday.

“We’re going to go through the process,” Lipman said, adding that Brown is in no rush to make a decision. “We’re focused on getting better, developing.”

Miami remains strongly in the mix, too.

“I’m very impressed with Coach L and UM [Jim Larranaga],” Lipman said. “They’re in our back yard. He’s done an incredible job with the program.”

Lipman also said he hears regularly from the Kentucky staff. They are also working on a visit to Kentucky for the end of October.

“We were planning on doing a visit to Kentucky, but I had a conflict,” Lipman said. “I was going to do it during the Breeders’ Cup. I wanted to do it the last week of October. We’re working on that.”

Reaction Score
It sounds like Miami and NC State are throwing a Hail Mary here. The fact that they're rushing down to see him this week supports the idea that he's ready to commit to UConn, and they're hoping they can get him to hold off. I don't think it's going to work, but that's just spec on my part. Hopefully this is resolved within a few days.

Reaction Score
Well, it will be interesting if these in-home visits take place. These coaches now know (if they didn't already) exactly who they need to beat out so the negative recruiting will be in full force. I get the feeling that it's not going to work, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom