C. Collier on rejecting Geno | Page 3 | The Boneyard

C. Collier on rejecting Geno

Reaction Score
What she rejected is her own future.
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 8.41.17 PM.png

Reaction Score
Elena left because of her sister.

Nobody really knows why Elena left.

If you look at both the video story that was done (by CBS?) at the time as well as comments from the people involved, her sister is not mentioned. That only came later.

I don't particularly care one way or the other. It wasn't the right fit for her.

But I reject the notion that her departure was any more/less noble than anyone elses.

Reaction Score
That's the first team.
The second team includes Essence Carson, Laura Harper, EDD, Nicky Anosike, Teresa Borton and Diamond Deshields.
Carson, Vaughn, Harper, Anosike and Waner are collectively responsible for the 2005-2008 draught.

Losing EDD was a big blow to the UConn program. Cost Geno a few titles.

Reaction Score
When you visit there, the locals will point out that it is the only state that was a separate nation.

Which is 100% wrong.

Morgan and Ashley Valley would be quick to point out that Vermont* was an independent republic long before Texas (1777 vs. 1836) and for a longer time (14 years vs. 9 years).

Come York or come Hampshire, come traitors or knaves,
If ye rule o’er our land ye shall rule o’er our graves;
Our vow is recorded-our banner unfurled,
In the name of Vermont we defy all the world !
-John Greenleaf Whittier

*And Husky fans should always remind Longhorn fans that Vermont was initially named New Connecticut. And for good measure throw in the fact that Ethan Allen and his brothers, Seth Warner, Remember Baker, and most other early leaders of Vermont came from the Land of Steady Habits. Finish off the conversation by mentioning that Vermont prohibited slavery in its very first constitution; years before any other American colony/state.

Reaction Score
Losing EDD was a big blow to the UConn program. Cost Geno a few titles.

Very disappointing but hardly a big blow to the UConn program. In the years when EDD would have been playing for Geno (‘09-‘12) the Huskies copped 4 Final Fours, 2 NCs, and ran off the longest win streak (90) in the history of D1 hoops.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Which is 100% wrong.

Morgan and Ashley Valley would be quick to point out that Vermont* was an independent republic long before Texas (1777 vs. 1836) and for a longer time (14 years vs. 9 years).

Come York or come Hampshire, come traitors or knaves,
If ye rule o’er our land ye shall rule o’er our graves;
Our vow is recorded-our banner unfurled,
In the name of Vermont we defy all the world !
-John Greenleaf Whittier

*And Husky fans should always remind Longhorn fans that Vermont was initially named New Connecticut. And for good measure throw in the fact that Ethan Allen and his brothers, Seth Warner, Remember Baker, and most other early leaders of Vermont came from the Land of Steady Habits. Finish off the conversation by mentioning that Vermont prohibited slavery in its very first constitution; years before any other American colony/state.
Someone needs to learn them Texans! ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
wasn't CCollier's personal as well?
Indeed. Her father passed away 2 years ago. The hurricane’s devastation to her home city reminded her of the importance of home. And she talked up playing for her home state’s flagship university.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Very disappointing but hardly a big blow to the UConn program. In the years when EDD would have been playing for Geno (‘09-‘12) the Huskies copped 4 Final Fours, 2 NCs, and ran off the longest win streak (90) in the history of D1 hoops.
It’s entirely possible that UConn would have won 4 titles instead of 2 and 160 in a row instead of 90. Or, as TonyC said, 195-0.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Who was the big girl who took a year at Peddie. I think she was either from Trinidad or perhaps Bermuda or maybe the Bahamas? Never to be seen again.
Gillian Goring. Her handlers have a lot to answer for.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to learn them Texans! ;)
Now, now... Let's remember that it's OK if I say something about family without retribution, but unless you're family too, you get no such dispensation. I'm from Texas so nothing I say or do here can be used against me in court, in Texas anyway. (I hope I've got that right.) (Oh, and I'll see your ;) and raise you ;);))

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I have a hard time blaming kids for wanting to stay home.

I would've gone to UConn for baseball over any other school had they offered.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She was speaking of the practices leading up to the McDonalds game.
"I really like playing with Honesty Scott Grayson."
" She’s a really good guard with great court vision who is going to Baylor."

You know we had something neat, if infantile, going there and you ruined it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom