C. Collier on rejecting Geno

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That Texas team will be good next year. Somebody had to say it. :rolleyes:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
There have been a few who have turned him down. She wants to play with a really good guard (like Honesty Scott-Grayson).

So she did get to play in the McDonald's AA game with a really good guard. I wonder if Williams was impressed with her almost teammate.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
right. we say that every year, and y0u get the prize for saying it first this time, Rocky. And, someday it will be true!

Final 4 week has me a little edgy I'll admit.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Interesting how Baylor scheduled this home and home series. Last year they were happy to play us since the Big Three had moved on, and next year I guess they are happy to play again with Kia and Gabby gone.

The home and home series was pushed back a year by Geno and not Baylor.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="
Pondexter, Carson and Vaughn will not publicly admit that they made a mistake. It must hurt when the UConn players and national championships are mentioned together in a sentence.
.[/QUOTE]

Probably because the three of them, all WNBA veterans and top 8 draft picks, don't feel as if they made a mistake.

Reaction Score
untitled4.bmp
Also why I've never gone back since my early military days, and never will.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
How typical that Texans would take pride in that. What they never seem to point out is that Texas declared itself a separate nation from Mexico in order to preserve slavery, which Mexico was abolishing.
Texas, or major parts of what is now Texas, has been allied with France, Spain, Mexico, The Republic of Texas, the United States of America, the Confederate States of America, and now back to the United States of America. It should be no wonder that a young lady from there would say yes,then no, then yes. They have an extreme commitment issue, an ongoing alienation in their psyche. There is currently widespread support among Texans for yet another secession from the good old USA. I have lived in Alabama for over thirty years, and whenever I worked in Texas the electricians that we hired all called me a Yankee. Believe me, all of you who inhabit the Northeast, they did not mean that as a compliment. A unique place indeed. :confused:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Probably because the three of them, all WNBA veterans and top 8 draft picks, don't feel as if they made a mistake.

Sometimes, when you read threads on this forum, you'd think playing for Geno is the only way to have a successful career in women's hoops. Seems like there are quite a few very good WNBA players and Olympians that didn't come from UConn, so maybe it's possible to play for another coach and still turn out okay.

Reaction Score
Sometimes, when you read threads on this forum, you'd think playing for Geno is the only way to have a successful career in women's hoops. Seems like there are quite a few very good WNBA players and Olympians that didn't come from UConn, so maybe it's possible to play for another coach and still turn out okay.

I don't think this forum feels playing for Geno is the only way to be successful. I do think that we look at successful players like Griner and ask how much better would she have been if she had been coached by Geno. It's a question of quality.

Reaction Score
Not Many!!!!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't think this forum feels playing for Geno is the only way to be successful. I do think that we look at successful players like Griner and ask how much better would she have been if she had been coached by Geno. It's a question of quality.

The various Magbegor threads revealed a certain undercurrent, reading between the lines some seem to have an attitude that you are wasting your potential if you don't choose UConn and Geno.

No doubt many players have come thru UConn and then gone on to excel in the WNBA and in international competition. What Geno is doing is working. However his coaching style isn't for everyone and I truly believe some players are better off going elsewhere. Not to mention many recruits really aren't UConn caliber but develop and thrive in other places.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Now, now... Let's remember that it's OK if I say something about family without retribution, but unless you're family too, you get no such dispensation. I'm from Texas so nothing I say or do here can be used against me in court, in Texas anyway. (I hope I've got that right.) (Oh, and I'll see your ;) and raise you ;);))
My daughter-in-law is from the San Antonio area, and my son went to college in Houston.

Reaction Score
What do you mean "sometimes"?

Reaction Score
I still do not see the title of this post as synching up with what actually transpired. Collier did not "reject Geno" as much as she chose to stay in state and not attend UCONN. There is nothing personal about Geno as coach.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I still do not see the title of this post as synching up with what actually transpired. Collier did not "reject Geno" as much as she chose to stay in state and not attend UCONN. There is nothing personal about Geno as coach.
Synched up with the article.

Reaction Score
Which is 100% wrong.

Morgan and Ashley Valley would be quick to point out that Vermont* was an independent republic long before Texas (1777 vs. 1836) and for a longer time (14 years vs. 9 years).

Come York or come Hampshire, come traitors or knaves,
If ye rule o’er our land ye shall rule o’er our graves;
Our vow is recorded-our banner unfurled,
In the name of Vermont we defy all the world !
-John Greenleaf Whittier

*And Husky fans should always remind Longhorn fans that Vermont was initially named New Connecticut. And for good measure throw in the fact that Ethan Allen and his brothers, Seth Warner, Remember Baker, and most other early leaders of Vermont came from the Land of Steady Habits. Finish off the conversation by mentioning that Vermont prohibited slavery in its very first constitution; years before any other American colony/state.
Ethan Allen, the furniture guy?

Reaction Score
Several years ago on the Michael Kay Show in NYC that I attended and GA was the guest he GA stated that if EDD stayed at UCONN we would have won 160 plus games and he did count the games. As for the reason leaving rumor has it that one of the upper classman told EDD to get with the duck***g program when she reached Storrs and she was playing pick up ball. But all said and done history shows EDD never won anything and if she stayed who knows what turmoil she could have caused and we may not have won the 2 NC we did win. So things work out the way they supposed too. And the same with Collier who seems like a head case who commits to texas I think while in 8th grade and then decommits as a HS soph. and turns around quickly commits to UCONN. then decommits and quickly commits to texas. And to Collier I say goodbye good luck and more importantly good riddance.

Reaction Score
Don’t think it was a rumor. Recall multiple reports that Kalana Greene gave EDD a hard time during a pickup game. I think for not giving max effort, which is something most frosh struggle with.

Reaction Score
Don’t think it was a rumor. Recall multiple reports that Kalana Greene gave EDD a hard time during a pickup game. I think for not giving max effort, which is something most frosh struggle with.

yep u got that right some say it was Hayes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom