2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Now we understand. ONO. ;)

ZZZ016184-BK.jpg
Yoko? Oh no!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
But on Sept. 22, Collier's 18th birthday, she announced on Twitter that she had changed her mind, is now headed to Texas and plans to sign her letter of intent on Nov. 8.

"No disrespect to UConn. They're the top team," Collier told HoopGurlz's Dan Olson at the time. "I wish them the best."

According to Collier, the feeling was mutual. When she called Auriemma and UConn assistant Marisa Moseley -- "those were the main two who recruited me" at UConn -- about her change of heart, Collier said both were "really understanding."

"He was really supportive. He said, 'Good luck with the rest of your career,'" Collier said. "He wished the best for me and was really encouraging me to do what's right for me and what's right for my family."

For Collier, that meant staying closer to home.

"My mom, she's a single mother, and I felt like being with her, being with my family, that's what I need. That's my support group," Collier said. "I want my family to be able to watch me play, and I want to watch my brother grow and play high school football.

"Texas is a great program, and I know UConn is the best program in the country. But I feel like either way, I will be successful."

No. 2 prospect Charli Collier wants to stay close to home and play for Texas Longhorns
I'm sure that Geno was unhappy and disappointed, but he's a nice guy and had to feel sympathetic about Charli's family situation.

Adding Tina Thompson to the staff was a great move by Karen, even though some of the recruits may not remember her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom