C. Collier De-commitment | The Boneyard

C. Collier De-commitment

Reaction Score
we've been discussing this since last night on the Non Uconn recruiting page

Reaction Score
Oh well...if it's a decommitment then we never had the player anyway! My focus is on this season as of Now! Plenty of time to worry about some 2018 commit/decommit! Oh well

that's why you are the WiseOne.....................and I am the PerturbedOne...............:rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Though Megan tried the patience of some Boneyarders, I prefer the situation where a recruit doesn't commit until signing day to a situation where a recruit commits, de-commits, commits, de-commits, and commits. I'm glad we have Meg.

Reaction Score
that's why you are the WiseOne......and I am the PerturbedOne.....:rolleyes:
Lol... I'm perturbed as well. However can't be too pissed about someone we never officially had!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow Texas is going to be absolutely loaded for the next several years. The question is what can Aston do with all of the talent?

UCONN is going to be fine...for the next few years you still have KLS, Collier, Stevens, Walker, and Dangerfield....I'm not feeling too sorry for you guys lol.

Reaction Score
Aston has had a lot of talent the past few years. If she can't win a championship within the next few years (probably after Lou, Pheesa, and Z graduate), then she's not a good coach. She's a great recruiter with a great geographical location of a campus, but she's mediocre coaching wise.

HGN

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear this news. :(

Just speculation here , but I wonder did Collier start to have 2nd thoughts after her dad passed away and hurricane Harvey causing so much damage in her area. And then not wanting to leave her Mom and family alone for the State of Connecticut. Sort of getting homesick before even leaving home.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I hope she pays close attention in English class at her "prestigious university"

Ok, I'm being a little mean but between the sentence fragments and the comma splice that was painful to read.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I hope she pays close attention in English class at her "prestigious university"

Ok, I'm being a little mean but between the sentence fragments and the comma splice that was painful to read.

Just so everyone knows, Orangutan is a Notre Dame fan. I wouldn't want the UConn fans to be maligned on a podcast again. Then again, I'm sure there's enough material here for a full show. LOL

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Aston has had a lot of talent the past few years. If she can't win a championship within the next few years (probably after Lou, Pheesa, and Z graduate), then she's not a good coach. She's a great recruiter with a great geographical location of a campus, but she's mediocre coaching wise.

How is she a mediocre coach? I don't think she's the next Geno, but she's been there 5 years and has completely turned around the program and has them set up to be a major contender for the next several years. That's a heck of a coaching job.

Stockpiling talent doesn't always lead to results (see Duke/Tennessee/Ohio State), but if her players are as good as advertised and she can develop them, Texas is going to emerge as the main title challenger to Connecticut. Assuming no transfers (which isn't realistic in today's day and age)..a couple years down the road she could have a starting 5 of:

2019-20
C-Charli Collier, So
F-Joyner Holmes, Sr
F-Reliah Boothe, Jr
G-Chasity Patterson, Jr
G-Alecia Sutton, Sr

She'll have the same players in 2018-19 but adding in Higgs. If she can't make a Final Four in 2019 or 2020, then I'll start questioning her coaching ability, but I think she has far exceeded expectations at this point.

Reaction Score
My curiosity has the best of me...wonder if Joyner H. is coming back to TX? There's going to be a bucket load talent on one team and to keep everyone happy may require a miracle worker. I'm trying to imagine a team with Holmes, Prince, Collier, Boothe, and J. White and all being happy Won't be surprised to see a transfer or two but only time will tell.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
And a graduate of the University of Chicago which really is a prestigious university.

University-Chicago-10038.jpg

Crescat scientia; vita excolatur!

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear this news. :(

Just speculation here , but I wonder did Collier start to have 2nd thoughts after her dad passed away and hurricane Harvey causing so much damage in her area. And then not wanting to leave her Mom and family alone for the State of Connecticut. Sort of getting homesick before even leaving home.

I'm pretty sure her dad passed away before she chose UConn but I can see how the recent events in Houston might have changed her priorities.............hopefully we'll find out what really happened but I'm not holding my breath.................sorry Kenny K

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom