BYU Coach Judkins Calling Out the Gamecocks | The Boneyard

BYU Coach Judkins Calling Out the Gamecocks

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Without reading the article, it seems to me that it is easy to call out other teams, saying you can beat them, knowing that there is no chance in h*ll that the game will happen...unless it's in the Big Dance.

Reaction Score
:eek:

I sure hope he can back it up! I can't wait to see how far they get in the tournament....maybe they'll beat South Carolina in the National Championship game :confused:

Anything is possible but he is setting himself up for mockery once BYU gets eliminated from the tourney... especially if they don't make it to the sweet 16.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Good for Judkins; he's not afraid to stir the pot.

At least BYU can say they haven't lost to an unranked team this season. And if Missouri can beat SC, why can't BYU?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
BYU has the #75 strength of schedule per Massey while South Carolina is #1 in that category. Beating your chest after a victory over 9-7 Santa Clara seems to be a little like poking a bear with a stick.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I love what Judkins said. He doesn't care what anyone thinks, or who might "mock" him.

Reaction Score
You also have to give BYU props. They went out and tried to schedule tough. Too bad Florida State and West Virginia didn't stand up to their preseason rankings along with Arizona State being in a rebuild.

Reaction Score
Eh. Just a coach talking up his program he feels is getting overlooked, looking to be seeded higher so as to host the first weekend of the tourney. No biggie.

Reaction Score
Ahhh. Coach Judkins is trying to hype up is program. Folks know who they (BYU) are. Just play the games you got and move on. Jeez.

Reaction Score
Nice to see his confidence but he’d be taken more seriously if he scheduled some OOC games against some top teams instead of Sister Mary’s School for Wayward Girls. They have played one school in the Top 25 ..#18 Oklahoma and lost to them.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
How dare a coach who is not Geno Dawn Tara Jeff or Vic express confidence in their team! Or try to instill a sense of belonging and confidence in their players! Know your place! Has this clown even made a final four or won a title? I didn't think so!

...[sarcasm]

Reaction Score
BYU has the #75 strength of schedule per Massey while South Carolina is #1 in that category. Beating your chest after a victory over 9-7 Santa Clara seems to be a little like poking a bear with a stick.

Poking a bear with a stick when the bear is tied up and in a cage.

Reaction Score
BYU will be in the B12 in the next year or so and he has a good chance of running roughshod in the B12 as much as does in his current conference right?

Reaction Score
This is not stirring the pot he's just saying his team is playing really well and if they play at their best he thinks they could beat anyone. He only mentioned South Carolina because they are #1 but he was already implying they could beat anyone with that big qualifier IF. South Carolina fans stop being so sensitive I already see people calling the coach out on Twitter.

Reaction Score
BYU joins big12 in 2023 so they’ve got one more year in the WCAC.
UCF Cin Hou join in 23 or 24. TBD.

Reaction Score
This is not stirring the pot he's just saying his team is playing really well and if they play at their best he thinks they could beat anyone. He only mentioned South Carolina because they are #1 but he was already implying they could beat anyone with that big qualifier IF. South Carolina fans stop being so sensitive I already see people calling the coach out on Twitter.
Eh what you call sensitive, I call them being competitive. What I have seen is mostly people wanting them to prove it on the court. Apparently we have an opening next week for a game and some are encouraging this matchup. I doubt it will happen because BYU is scheduled for a game the day before. I don't really see fault on either side on this one just a coach and some fans passionate about their respective teams.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
BYU isn't a bad team, they haven't been under Judkins. Arizona beat them last year, 52-46 in the 2nd round of the dance.

All things are relative, however. I don't think they are challenging South Carolina for the Natty.

Reaction Score
Eh what you call sensitive, I call them being competitive. What I have seen is mostly people wanting them to prove it on the court. Apparently we have an opening next week for a game and some are encouraging this matchup. I doubt it will happen because BYU is scheduled for a game the day before. I don't really see fault on either side on this one just a coach and some fans passionate about their respective teams.

Fans don't play so they are competitive at what? Keyboard warrior-ing? Players are competitive. Its making mountain out of a molehill that coach was probably talking post game after a win so he's clearly excited. He's talking to local media its not like he wrote a letter to the editor saying we want to beat South Carolina----Things come off the cuff so tweeting at byu is overkill and too sensitive---Maybe he was trying to hype up his players or excite the fans I don't think his intended audience was fans in South Carolina but when you go searching for any mention to overreact to that is what happens.

Reaction Score
Smart coach. He's cashing in on the team's momentum. He just placed in the mind of some kid who wants to stay or go out west an alternate destination. Some kid is now thinking...I'm the missing piece the team needs or could use.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom