BY25 preseason poll: *Results are in* | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BY25 preseason poll: *Results are in*

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Plebe, quick question. Is the Boneyard Poll planning to be bi-weekly as it was last year, so the next edition will roll out on Monday the 22nd? Just wanted to be sure I didn't have to wait to add some good teams to the poll that nobody else votes for.
Yes, biweekly. Next poll is on the 22nd.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think it's entirely within the realm of possibility that this Maryland squad turns into something special with the returning players along with Angel Reese getting another year under her belt. They will be scary efficient on offense, and if Bibby and Benzan are hitting their threes....they can trounce anyone.

This season is really going to be an interesting example of good offenses such as Iowa, UConn, Maryland going up against pretty darn good defenses in South Carolina, Stanford, and Texas. I'm glad that Stanford got Maryland and Indiana on their schedule along with South Carolina. This is going to be a battle tested Stanford team come tourney time -- lots to learn between now and then.

I always consider Maryland as a paper tiger. I'll believe it when I see it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just a reminder: The next round of balloting is due on Monday. On Thursday or Friday I'll create a new thread to call for the ballots.

Each poll is open to everyone on the Boneyard. You don't have to have voted in the preseason poll to participate in this one. I'm particularly hoping that some of our regular voters from last season who did not submit a preseason ballot will decide to rejoin the fun <wink wink nudge nudge>.

Lots of games in the next three days could influence the poll, of course, but who are the teams that seem to be ranked too high or too low at this point?

Reaction Score
Just a reminder: The next round of balloting is due on Monday. On Thursday or Friday I'll create a new thread to call for the ballots.

Each poll is open to everyone on the Boneyard. You don't have to have voted in the preseason poll to participate in this one. I'm particularly hoping that some of our regular voters from last season who did not submit a preseason ballot will decide to rejoin the fun <wink wink nudge nudge>.

Lots of games in the next three days could influence the poll, of course, but who are the teams that seem to be ranked too high or too low at this point?
So ballots are due before the potential Gamecocks v Huskies matchup?

It don’t seem right.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Are you meaning teams that were ranked on the published poll... or teams that were on the ballot that you submitted? Not sure if that makes any sense, but I think you get what Im saying.

Plebe

Reaction Score
So ballots are due before the potential Gamecocks v Huskies matchup?

It don’t seem right.
Will the AP postpone its poll? If so I will consider it. But high-profile Monday games are no rare thing, and the Boneyard poll, like the AP poll, isn't in the habit of altering its clock.

The AP poll was famously postponed, for the first time ever, until after the 1995 MLK Day game between UConn and Tennessee. I'm not aware of any other occasion when this has happened, though.

Are you meaning teams that were ranked on the published poll... or teams that were on the ballot that you submitted? Not sure if that makes any sense, but I think you get what Im saying.
Either-or :)

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
There better be some more ballots with FGCU present.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Looking at my poll....I didn't have Texas ranked, so that looks like I undervalued them. I may have had ranked High Point too high.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom