Votes: 47 11.2%
  • Under 25

Votes: 10 2.4%

• Total voters

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hey - great news!
I just figured out that I can vote multiple times on different devices! Cool! :eek:

Reaction Score
Won't explore this extensively, but to take one example a younger crowd arguably tends to criticize individual players in harsher (or more mocking, etc.) terms than some older people (call them more protective, or more quasi-parental if you will) are comfortable with.
Unfortunately for the younger segment civics is no longer taught and civility is not an app that can be downloaded.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Hey - great news!
I just figured out that I can vote multiple times on different devices! Cool! :eek:
Making the survey results invalid seems cool to you? ?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I will turn 80 June 15th. I think of my slow approach to "The Wonderful One Horse Shay" as a cautionary tale.
Mr Holmes, Sr will be pleased to greet you on zero day!

Reaction Score
Uhh, the older demographics are from perfect angels on this board. I'll leave it at that.
Yeah. Exceptions exist everywhere and I am certainly aware of grumpy old men on the BY but I was responding to what JS had posted:

"Won't explore this extensively, but to take one example a younger crowd arguably tends to criticize individual players in harsher (or more mocking, etc.) terms than some older people (call them more protective, or more quasi-parental if you will) are comfortable with."

Say what you want but the civility bar has been lowered and that is more exhibited in a younger, less genteel crowd than older individuals.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Exceptions exist everywhere and I am certainly aware of grumpy old men on the BY but I was responding to what JS had posted:

"Won't explore this extensively, but to take one example a younger crowd arguably tends to criticize individual players in harsher (or more mocking, etc.) terms than some older people (call them more protective, or more quasi-parental if you will) are comfortable with."

Say what you want but the civility bar has been lowered and that is more exhibited in a younger, less genteel crowd than older individuals.
I held my tongue once, but if you're going to persist in these sweeping generational attacks, then I'll add my own comment: whenever I see a post that is extremely narrow minded or intolerant (esp about something non-UConn), i'm pretty confident it's coming from the 65+ crowd.

Reaction Score
I held my tongue once, but if you're going to persist in these sweeping generational attacks, then I'll add my own comment: whenever I see a post that is extremely narrow minded or intolerant (esp about something non-UConn), i'm pretty confident it's coming from the 65+ crowd.
Vowel Guy, just chill and act like your avatar. Is it really that big a deal that you can't "hold your tongue"? No offense was intended to you or anybody and you certainly have my apology if that is the case.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize fans here skew much older than I thought. Guess it is proof that age is just a number!

Now how do we get the younger crowd to join & post?

BTW I'm 55-64 age group. Been a fan since 1995 season probably like a lot of folks

Reaction Score
The "current" younger folks don't use what to them are "antiquated" message boards. They are more the Instragram, snap chat generation since the perception is that us older uncool gray hairs don't use those platforms.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Didn't realize fans here skew much older than I thought. Guess it is proof that age is just a number!

Now how do we get the younger crowd to join & post?

BTW I'm 55-64 age group. Been a fan since 1995 season probably like a lot of folks

What's your definition of younger crowd....

Reaction Score
What's your definition of younger crowd....
20-25 year olds. I participate on a hockey message and it has the same problem- quite a few people my age & little younger but few 20-25 year olds. I guess for them message boards are antiques, if it isn't instant they're not interested.

Reaction Score
Old enogh to remember women basketball players were only allowed to dribble once or twice and then had to pass the ball.Boring

Reaction Score
Surfing the TV and say Jen Rizzotti crossover against Marsiniac (spelling) and been a fan ever since. They play a game I played and coached but not in their level, that why many of us old guys appreciate women’s st6lebof play

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom