• 40-54

Votes: 56 13.4%
  • 25-39

Votes: 47 11.2%
  • Under 25

Votes: 10 2.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I remember when Simon and Garfunkel sang the words "How terribly strange to be seventy". I could not imagine it then, but they were right.
Seventy was the most bizarre birthday you tell yourself this can’t possibly be . I still haven’t decided what I’m going to be when I grow up.
The only one that bothered me before that was 35.
My Dad was 30 when I was born and I have vivid memories of his 35th birthday party and as a 5 year old trying to comprehend how someone could be that old. When I hit that age those memories returned.

Reaction Score
1618243153120.png
I told my 4 year old grandson that it is perfectly normal to poop in his pants, but to this day he still makes fun of me.-George Burns

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
To date, 158 votes out of 8450 members. Any polling professional who can tell us when this becomes representative?
when n=1056 responses. pretty much for any poll, lessn' of course the subject is 'would you go back to x restaurant?' then, less than 1056 responses may still be informative, yet, in all cases, selecting the correct audience is still the controlling starting point.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
My age used to be listed under my handle...I had it removed.
But, if i become senior statesmen, I'll put it back.
A few ahead of me...82 in July...
Still shooting hoops for a half-hour daily.
Fully expect to get to the next level, but who knows.
You've got me by two years, only mine is in August.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Why does this matter or is interesting?
Perspective I would say.

I think there's something to say about how people communicate across generations and how things can get lost in translation. Being a younger person, I generally assume that when I'm communicating with somebody in their 20s or 30s more often than not I can tell when they're being a butthole, because I'm most familiar communicating with people my own age and I know the nuances of how we speak. But here, the under 40 crowd is the minority, so I remind myself that when I'm having a "passionate" debate with someone and we miscommunicate.. maybe they're not being a butthole, maybe there's just differences in how we communicate.

Reaction Score
With my birthday coming up way too soon I was undecided if I should go with my actual today or what I will be for a long time. It was a Monday and somehow it made me feel older so I jumped up a bracket. It ticked me off too much when trying to get the virus vaccine when the cut off was 75 and I wasn't quite yet. First time since being a kid that I wanted to be a little bit older. Today was the second time.
Me too...

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Hey I'm in the age group with the most responders, the group most recently retired, most recently on SS and Medicare, the group with suddenly too much time on our hands. I usually avoid questioners asking personal questions like this one, with so many people out there trying to rip us off. If you are looking to rip me off feel free to take a few of my previous birthdays or maybe even a decade.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not saying I'm old but the DMV sent me a new license with the words organ donor crossed out...
Oh My God What GIF by This Might Get
FOTFLOL! Did you steal that or is that an original? Too damn funny.

Reaction Score
Why does this matter or is interesting?
Because it demonstrates with age comes wisdom! But what do I know, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, and I live in The Villages where we generally try hard not to act our age!

Reaction Score
To date, 158 votes out of 8450 members. Any polling professional who can tell us when this becomes representative?
I think there are people who have multiple logins.

If I was to take a poll asking "Do you have more than one login".

How should we interpret the results. Do we assume that the people with more than one login would vote multiple times? If so, would we have to halve their responses to determine the unique number of people who voted? :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The author was probably just wondering how many of you spent more time walking to the tv to change channels then you did using the remote.
I was the remote; my dad would throw his slipper at me sitting on the floor, and I would get up and change the channel. I also became proficient at holding the rabbit ears in a certain position for better reception. We got very good watching stations through the "snow"!

Reaction Score
Curious, I don't see this same poll in the General Women's Basketball section, would it help to attract additional voters if it was also placed and pinned in that section...asking for a potential voter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom