Buffalo Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Buffalo Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Fagnano is also still very inaccurate and throws the wrong kind of ball at times. Lots of passes were too high, too low, behind. He threw a line drive to the corner of the end zone when a floater was needed. Our WR could never catch up to it. The long throw to Bell early in the 3rd that the Buffalo DB caught up to and swatted away had too much air. He overthrew another easy pass to a wide-open receiver that should have been a TD. I think you get my point. Fagnano is a serviceable/good QB, but he’s kinda at his ceiling. Evers brings more to the table for potential but is clearly a work in progress.

Enough with the nitpicking. Great win today!!!
Well then, stop nitpicking!

Does Fagnano miss passes? Yes. Is he a FAR more accurate passer than Evers today? Also yes. But its not a fair comparison. Fagnano has had a lot of college game experience and Evers while more talented has not. The question is which QB today gives you the better chance at wins TODAY. One guy has 10 td passes on the year and the other 1.

Reaction Score
Super disappointed in the students today. They get a grade of maybe 1.4 out of 10. No reason at all for them not to be there today. Great cool fall day. Team is playing well and deserves appreciation. Spoiled rotten fan base.
Students love night games. A noon game 40 minutes from campus isnt a huge draw. Yet….

Reaction Score
Similarly by virtue of being 44 points better than the team that was 3 points better than the team that was 3 points better than Notre Dame, we're clearly 50 points better than the Fighting Irish. :p
that sounds about right nicolas cage GIF by Saturday Night Live

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I was hoping for more people to show up to the game today, but the ones that were there were loud and proud. I got to meet @BlueandOG today along with his family, which was great.

Hoping we get some more butts in the seats for next week against Temple, because this team deserves it...
Very disappointed with the attendance the last two games, but I can't even get any other adults to the game with me. At least I can force my kids to come lol well except next weekend I might be solo lol

Reaction Score
Well, this is why you try not to become prisoners of the moment and give up on the season after a horrible opening game vs. Maryland when UConn was getting mocked on social media over it because it happened during the latest B12 snub. After five games, this team looks like it means business. In three home games we've scored 158 points.

That was a vicious beatdown of what looked to be a decent Buffalo team coming off a win over a ranked team that beat ND. The defense was a monster today. The offense wasn't always smooth but they were effective with Evers until the injury, then once Fagnano stepped in he hit some big plays to Skyler Bell and UConn rolled.

To the casuals of UConn Nation - get your butts to these games if you can. Was disappointing to see that many empty seats for a Saturday noon game in good weather for a UConn team that's playing well. There were more people for Merrimack coming off the Maryland debacle. Really hope Temple next week has a bigger crowd.

Excellent win today! Didn't see 47-3 coming but thoroughly enjoyed it!

Reaction Score
Well, this is why you try not to become prisoners of the moment and give up on the season after a horrible opening game vs. Maryland when UConn was getting mocked on social media over it because it happened during the latest B12 snub. After five games, this team looks like it means business. In three home games we've scored 158 points.

That was a vicious beatdown of what looked to be a decent Buffalo team coming off a win over a ranked team that beat ND. The defense was a monster today. The offense wasn't always smooth but they were effective with Evers until the injury, then once Fagnano stepped in he hit some big plays to Skyler Bell and UConn rolled.

To the casuals of UConn Nation - get your butts to these games if you can. Was disappointing to see that many empty seats for a Saturday noon game in good weather for a UConn team that's playing well. There were more people for Merrimack coming off the Maryland debacle. Really hope Temple next week has a bigger crowd.

This is really important. Wins and/or exciting entertaining style of play first and foremost is very important. This has to lead to more fans being at the game and creating a loud and raucous home environment because optically that looks great on TV. Those are the 2 biggest factors to getting a Px conference invite.

Reaction Score
"old guy" really happy! May see them in a bowl game this season. 4W of next 7 would be great. Looking forward to all the posts on this victory. GO HUSKIES
Four wins of next seven would NOT be great. Would I have taken 7-5 coming off the Maryland loss? Absolutely. But from where we are today, I will be disappointed if we don’t get to at least 8-4, and I do not think that is the ceiling.

Last edited:

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Fagnano is also still very inaccurate and throws the wrong kind of ball at times. Lots of passes were too high, too low, behind. He threw a line drive to the corner of the end zone when a floater was needed. Our WR could never catch up to it. The long throw to Bell early in the 3rd that the Buffalo DB caught up to and swatted away had too much air. He overthrew another easy pass to a wide-open receiver that should have been a TD. I think you get my point. Fagnano is a serviceable/good QB, but he’s kinda at his ceiling. Evers brings more to the table for potential but is clearly a work in progress.

Enough with the nitpicking. Great win today!!!
He is maddeningly inconsistent. He has always been maddeningly inconsistent. He also has the capacity to be a very competent QB for us - that's not something we've really been able to take for granted over the years.

Anyway, somebody start sketching out the statue of Mora because I do believe he may lead us to the promised land!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This was quite a game. I'm going to watch it again. It will make people take notice, the Notre Dame tie-in is a wonderful chefs kiss. Assuming they take care of business against Temple, the Wake Forest game will rock. It will be our Super Bowl and I think the fans will respond in kind.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
To start I will say that I was only able to watch the last 5-6 mins of the game between by kids softball games. My wife told me me the score at one point towards the beginning of the game and I almost fell out of my chair! Holy heck do we have ourselves a team!

I have an Evers preacher forever and said his RPO skills will win the day...well, from the clips I've seen and all you guys have posted, it sounds like Joe might be the best for the job. If he can unlock Bells skills to their fullest, and keep the defense honest, allowing our RBs to rumble all over the place, we will be very hard to beat. Add in our newly stout D and man, it is a great feeling to be a UConn FootBall Fan again!!!!!

Reaction Score
Four wins of next seven would NOT be great. Would I have taken 7-5 coming off the Maryland loss? Absolutely. But from where we are today, I will be disappointed if we don’t get to at least 8-4, and I do not think that is the ceiling.

Based on the ESPN FPI - we should be 9-3 with the only loss coming at Cuse. Honestly - I think anything less than that would be a disappointment from here.

Reaction Score

Very well said! Exciting offense, dominating run game, physical line, aggressive physical defense causing sacks and getting turnovers.

158-34 in their 3 home games…..not sure what more you need to see casual fans…..make it happen, get your butts to the games with your friends…..we need you back and you will thoroughly enjoy it!!

Reaction Score
I asked a couple of folks if there was an event at UConn last night that might have left them hung over, because last week they were there in full force. Today, they were down to about 20%. Can't figure out why...
You can't figure out why students can't walk 10+ minutes to a bus for a 45 min bus ride that leaves at 10:30 on a Saturday morning?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You can't figure out why students can't walk 10+ minutes to a bus for a 45 min bus ride that leaves at 10:30 on a Saturday morning?
No, I can't figure out why they can't do it now when they did it to see Merrimack...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Very disappointed with the attendance the last two games, but I can't even get any other adults to the game with me. At least I can force my kids to come lol well except next weekend I might be solo lol
The drop off in seasons ticket holders i think has been too big to be overcome by single game buyers. If the program becomes attractive, hopefully both seasons tickets and individual game sales will increase.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Men’s soccer game tonight is sold out. Just sayin. Night game. On campus
And it's a big game against Seton Hall. Could have been part of it for sure (they're ranked 15th I think)...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom