Buddy Hield is a God | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Buddy Hield is a God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was a no show in the second half though, scared to shoot the open shot.

No show huh? He's 100X better than ours and got every big rebound in traffic in OT. He had 18 rebounds and played 51 minutes of tough nosed defense on their big men, real solid defense. Please tell me your kidding?

They were talking about his left leg he's having issues with and he wasn't the same aggressive player in the 2nd half for some reason. Put him in the middle for us we're 13-0. Jake V with offense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Last nights game got pretty ragged by the 2nd OT, but for a cbb game it was pretty well played, much better played game than the Syracuse/UConn 6OT game if you're looking at things objectively. As for Heid and people thinking he will be an NBA star, I think he'll be a Jodie Meeks type in the NBA, good role player, not a star.

I kind of see that too but I think a little better than Meeks getting to the rim. Saw a couple things last night it would seem he's improving on. But not as sure of a thing as many would like to think, I agree there.

Reaction Score
That last turnover wasn't Buddys fault. No one could get the ball in with a defender on top of you.
I thought the ref should have stepped in. The defender was reaching in over the sideline. You have to give the inbounder a reasonable space.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I agree. We had good looks to win that game in almost every overtime and by the end we were just totally spent. It's probably the only UConn game ever that I just want to end; regardless of winning or losing. I just wanted it to be over so I could go to bed.

You think you had it bad? I was at the game, and missed the last train back to CT. Me being a poor college kid and my dad being stubborn and not wanting to pay hundreds of dollars for a four-hour stay in a Manhattan hotel, we wandered around the city until Grand Central re-opened at 6 AM. If we had won, it wouldn't have been so bad...but we didn't.

Reaction Score
You think you had it bad? I was at the game, and missed the last train back to CT. Me being a poor college kid and my dad being stubborn and not wanting to pay hundreds of dollars for a four-hour stay in a Manhattan hotel, we wandered around the city until Grand Central re-opened at 6 AM. If we had won, it wouldn't have been so bad...but we didn't.

Wow great story. What did you fill all that wonderful wee morning hour time doing? No money for hookers or bars I assume?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
Wow great story. What did you fill all that wonderful wee morning hour time doing? No money for hookers or bars I assume?

I went to an after hours in east village

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The last twenty seconds of the game were a Hield nightmare.

Two turnovers, a foul and a missed shot with four seconds left.

And slow down on giving him the player of the year - overall, Dunn, Valentine and Simmons are easily as impressive.

Let me know when Dunn, Valentine, or Simmons puts up 46, 8, & 7 against the best team in the country. Hield is in a tier of his own right now. Other 3 are right behind.

Reaction Score
Let me know when Dunn, Valentine, or Simmons puts up 46, 8, & 7 against the best team in the country. Hield is in a tier of his own right now. Other 3 are right behind.

Let me know when he does it again in a game with 15 minutes less time? He was great last night, had to be tired and certainly deserves to be in that list of names. But to think he's better than Simmons without question, well you're not watching LSU games.

Reaction Score
Let me know when he does it again in a game with 15 minutes less time? He was great last night, had to be tired and certainly deserves to be in that list of names. But to think he's better than Simmons without question, well you're not watching LSU games.

He didn't score at all in the final 2 OTs so it was really only 5 minutes extra time. I certainly don't think Hield is better than Simmons but he is a much better college player. Ben Simmons in my opinion is the best pro prospect in the country by a mile.

Reaction Score
National POY, not even close as of right now.

I'd still say Valentine is neck and neck.

And slow down on giving him the player of the year - overall, Dunn, Valentine and Simmons are easily as impressive.

Slow down on mentioning Simmons in NPOTY conversations. Being the #1 pick =/= NPOTY when your team is 6-5 (or whatever the hell their terrible record is).

Louisville and Notre Dame had a 5OT game a few years ago that was pretty entertaining - was very nervous that one was going to hit the 6OT mark.

That game was dramatic due to the length but I remember it being an absolute rock fight and the quality of play not being anywhere near what last night's game was. Game really went 5OT because of all those terrible Russ Smith iso's.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Slow down on mentioning Simmons in NPOTY conversations. Being the #1 pick =/= NPOTY when your team is 6-5 (or whatever the hell their terrible record is).

Good lord.

I don't care what his team's record is - he's averaging 21 points on 57% shooting, 14 rebounds, five assists and two steals a game.

Reaction Score
Good lord.

I don't care what his team's record is - he's averaging 21 points on 57% shooting, 14 rebounds, five assists and two steals a game.

Cool.

Go find me the last NPOTY that played for a .500 team.

Edit: And before you or anyone else misinterprets, I'm not saying anything about his numbers or talent level. I'm saying that he's not in the NPOTY discussion due to his team being mediocre overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom