Buddy Hield is a God | The Boneyard

Buddy Hield is a God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know this is a Uconn board, but my god what a game from Buddy Hield tonight.

Watched the entire game and the kid just wouldn't miss. 8-15 from three, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, & 46 PTS. Legendary performance, felt terrible Oklahoma and Hield lost it in the end. Going to end up being a seriously dangerous NBA player.

Haven't seen a game like that since the 6 OT game, which IMO was odd that Vitale didn't mention...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The last twenty seconds of the game were a Hield nightmare.

Two turnovers, a foul and a missed shot with four seconds left.

And slow down on giving him the player of the year - overall, Dunn, Valentine and Simmons are easily as impressive.

Reaction Score
And slow down on giving him the player of the year - overall, Dunn, Valentine and Simmons are easily as impressive.

Those guys are all great. But Hield was averaging 25 ppg on 50/50/90 shooting BEFORE last night.

Reaction Score
If Heild is god, what is Brice Johnson at UNC? Kid had 39 and 23 boards. That's legendary.

What a game huh? And a couple great blocks with outlet passes for lay ups. He was superman

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
There are going to be some legit NBA Superstars in this years tourney....

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hield and OU will be very tough to beat in the NCAAs on a neutral court.

Reaction Score

That last turnover wasn't Buddys fault. No one could get the ball in with a defender on top of you.

Reaction Score
While Hield and the guards are really really good the underrated guy here is Spangler. He's a smart, durable and strong guy with ability to shoot and score. Excellent player, love his game.

Reaction Score

Totally unfair, he had one turnover trying to do too much. He was fouled on the inbounds pass and the missed three was a desperation double pump three that he had to take as the clock was running out. He was incredible last night.

Reaction Score
While Hield and the guards are really really good the underrated guy here is Spangler. He's a smart, durable and strong guy with ability to shoot and score. Excellent player, love his game.
He was a no show in the second half though, scared to shoot the open shot.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Haven't seen a game like that since the 6 OT game, which IMO was odd that Vitale didn't mention...

At one point Vitale said he couldn't remember a game quite like the one he was watching... he paused and you could tell that whatever is left of those working gears in his head started turning. Then he said 'There was this one Duke / North Carolina game a few years back that went to multiple overtimes...'
Unreal. I wanted to throw something at my TV.

Hield has a unique blend of athleticism, ability to get to the rim, and ridiculous shot making. He's a pro and, in my eyes, the NPOY front runner.

Reaction Score
Buddy Hield is a mere mortal compared to the greatness that is Kemba Walker!

Reaction Score
Last nights game got pretty ragged by the 2nd OT, but for a cbb game it was pretty well played, much better played game than the Syracuse/UConn 6OT game if you're looking at things objectively. As for Heid and people thinking he will be an NBA star, I think he'll be a Jodie Meeks type in the NBA, good role player, not a star.

Reaction Score
Louisville and Notre Dame had a 5OT game a few years ago that was pretty entertaining - was very nervous that one was going to hit the 6OT mark.

Reaction Score
Last nights game got pretty ragged by the 2nd OT, but for a cbb game it was pretty well played, much better played game than the Syracuse/UConn 6OT game if you're looking at things objectively. As for Heid and people thinking he will be an NBA star, I think he'll be a Jodie Meeks type in the NBA, good role player, not a star.
That's a good comparison but I think Buddy has a higher ceiling due to a few things. First I think he is a better defender, he locked down Selden most of the game last night who is no slouch in his own right. Also, he gets to the basket more than Meeks who was even more of a three point shooter than Hield IIRC. And he's a better rebounder and passer as well IMO

Reaction Score
It did. it was a horrible, horrible game from a UConn perspective. We had the lead at the end of regulation and the first FIVE overtimes and never could hold on to close out. There is no enjoyment to be garnered from that game, ever.

I agree. We had good looks to win that game in almost every overtime and by the end we were just totally spent. It's probably the only UConn game ever that I just want to end; regardless of winning or losing. I just wanted it to be over so I could go to bed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I agree. We had good looks to win that game in almost every overtime and by the end we were just totally spent. It's probably the only UConn game ever that I just want to end; regardless of winning or losing. I just wanted it to be over so I could go to bed.

Booooo. So it was you then. We could have won the 'best' college basketball game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom