Buddy Boeheim punches FSU player | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Buddy Boeheim punches FSU player

Reaction Score
Bilas is wrong. There is no rule to prevent a conference from disciplining a player that commits a physical act against anyone (whether in a game or not) and they can do it quickly after a game.

Hey Bilas - what if a player strikes another player while out of sight of the refs. Would a suspension be disproportionate, too? Don't think so. You're just wrong.

Reaction Score
Man Bilas has become such an asshat. The refs didn’t penalize Beoheim for hitting, the conference did. It is entirely within its authority to do so. His whole little diatribe about how the refs no longer had the ability to do anything is absolutely irrelevant.
I used to really like his commentary but this is a bad take

Reaction Score
A bunch of folks on their board seem to think that if he was ejected during the game he wouldn't have been suspended, and therefore they are mad at the refs / implying the refs "saved" the punishment for the Duke game lol

Reaction Score
3-2-1…

Pretty amazing how he talking in a circle that well. One second, rules are rules. (Where he’s completely incorrect about the scope of what they can do post game) then his issue is proportionality.

He’s insufferable now a days.

Reaction Score
ever see Antoine Davis play (Coach Mike Davis at Univ of Detroit) ?
Watched a few times last year and about 6 times this year - amazingly good baller
My statement was not the most researched statement I've ever made. I still standby the opinion that Buddy does not embarass himself in the coach's son category. He wants the big shot. I like that.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
In the heat of the moment, I clenched my fist in frustration. As I turned up court and allowed my arm to glide through the air, striking an unexpecting foe.

What kinda horse____ is that? You got pissed and punched a kid. Actions have consequences. At least you didn’t try to pump up a home crowd or something

I get it. Using the same family logic for infinite zone defense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

And his frustration continued while turning to go back up the court as he turned around and scowled at the FSU player for two steps to make sure his acting out in frustration moment was properly received by the FSU player.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
God Bilas is a clown these days. What an embarrassing video.
He's a one trick pony now. I used to appreciate his vociferous defense of player rights, but now he's gone to "the players are always right". I half expect him to lead a player charge on the NCAA offices to the music of Les Miserables. He's taken it to the absurd.

Reaction Score
Without reading the rule, I see a flagrant foul as an overly aggressive move (usually by a defender) in the course of a basketball play. Buddy's punch was not in the course of a play. I'm sure he's received his share of cheap shots, but this deserved a one game suspension. Like most of us on this board I"m no fan of Syracuse but it seems like he's a decent kid who let his emotions take over at that moment.

Reaction Score
My statement was not the most researched statement I've ever made. I still standby the opinion that Buddy does not embarass himself in the coach's son category. He wants the big shot. I like that.
I get ya. I actually do feel sorry for him, on some level, because he seems like a good kid, he's a good player, and he made a very bad mistake at the worst possible time. But I want to congratulate him because F SU. Everything about SU.

Reaction Score
Pretty amazing how he talking in a circle that well. One second, rules are rules. (Where he’s completely incorrect about the scope of what they can do post game) then his issue is proportionality.

He’s insufferable now a days.
He is so dumb in this thinking. Totally sounds like DIckie V now but with all the crazy brovado.

Reaction Score
He used to be great, haven't enjoyed him in many years now. He's also really aged and doesn't look too healthy.
Yeah when I saw that video of Bilas he looks awful. I don't hate the guy and hope he is fine health wise. Maybe he had Covid 19 or something but he looks bad. Well Rafterty is finally showing his age too but that dude is old.

Reaction Score
You have to remember who Jay Bilas works for and that ESPN is loaded with Syracuse grads.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom