Bryant Shirreffs | The Boneyard

Bryant Shirreffs

Reaction Score
O.K., as exciting as the last four weeks have been, we still don't have a QB for next year. Here is my question. The players are all back for the second semester. There must have been a meeting where the players showed up, met the new staff and started their new strength and conditioning programs.

So when they had the meeting, was BS in the room or not? There must be an answer to that.

Reaction Score
O.K., as exciting as the last four weeks have been, we still don't have a QB for next year. Here is my question. The players are all back for the second semester. There must have been a meeting where the players showed up, met the new staff and started their new strength and conditioning programs.

So when they had the meeting, was BS in the room or not? There must be an answer to that.
I don't believe it was intentional, but you couldn't have tee'd one up any better.

In light of several other ongoing threads. I will not tag Donovan Williams' biggest fan, nor the board's favorite insider with a headdress.

But if they find their way here on their own....you're to blame for the results. ;)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Agreed. I asked matt s on twitter but didnt hear back. We need BS.

Reaction Score
Because he was the best QB on the roster, and it's never a bad thing to bring back the best QB on your roster, I hope he comes back. I think he could do well in the new offense.

But if his health doesn't allow it, his heart isn't in it, or his new family needs can't accommodate, then I wish him nothing but the best in the future.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Gotta believe the current student athletes are stoked to be around a staff with a clue. I'd want to play for these guys.

True. I really do think Shirreffs could thrive in this offense as well. Even though he's not particularly fast, he's got good vision and runs like a battering ram. He'd be better than a grad transfer or JUCO at this point.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
As someone who has zero interaction with Instagram, could you hook a brotha up with a pic of what you're referring to?

I second this. His account is private so I have no idea what you're referencing.

Reaction Score
As someone who has zero interaction with Instagram, could you hook a brotha up with a pic of what you're referring to?

OP delivers

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 11.44.48 PM.png

Reaction Score
Somebody tell Bryant to practice his foot steps and timing on post, hook and square in route trees. Can't be overthrowing or underthrowing those when you've got an open middle field read and the receiver has leverage. Ball has to come out to the spot.

Somebody tell Donovan Williams that he needs to know what all that means before he's ready.

Reaction Score
From Sherriffs' Instagram, it is to be believed BS will be back next season.

Well that is good news. If someone beats him out, good for the new QB. But if BS stays healthy I am at least not worried that we get competent QB play, and then I can truly start figuring out how Edsall rides this year's large and experienced senior class to a winning season

Reaction Score
Somebody tell Bryant to practice his foot steps and timing on post, hook and square in route trees. Can't be overthrowing or underthrowing those when you've got an open middle field read and the receiver has leverage. Ball has to come out to the spot.

Somebody tell Donovan Williams that he needs to know what all that means before he's ready.

O.K., who hacked Spackler's account. In a mere five lines, he both made a good point and added appropriate humor.

Five lines Carl -- now we all know you can do it!!!!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think BS would be competent in this offense...but not sure if he is ideal. Ideal QB would have a bit more elusiveness in his running game. And...he tends to get beat up. It's hard to count on him for an entire season. But...the roster looks MUCH better with him on it. I still hope for a transfer.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Everyone is seriously overlooking DW in this offensive style. He does not need to sling it 30 times a game now. He would be very effective in this type of spread. We saw him get out and run a bit last year. Don't dismiss him based on the 3 game disaster of last year when the coaching staff had zero clue what they were calling for plays and he was constantly under duress.
I'm not saying he is the next coming of Cam Newton but he is alot better than what we saw.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Regardless who is QB, UConn needs competent replacements on the OLine. Levy exhausting his eligibility is probably addition by subtraction but that does not discount the notion that the youngin's need to step up in a big way.

Reaction Score
Everyone is seriously overlooking DW in this offensive style. He does not need to sling it 30 times a game now. He would be very effective in this type of spread. We saw him get out and run a bit last year. Don't dismiss him based on the 3 game disaster of last year when the coaching staff had zero clue what they were calling for plays and he was constantly under duress.
I'm not saying he is the next coming of Cam Newton but he is alot better than what we saw.
I"m not dismissing him, I just don't he is as good right now as Bryant. His ceiling might be higher, but his accuracy and decision making are both worse. I would like to see him redshirt and take a season to learn the new offense, then see what he can do against whoever else we have at the position in 2018. There was never really a time where Bryant was constantly under duress, or dealing with terrible coaching either.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I"m not dismissing him, I just don't he is as good right now as Bryant. His ceiling might be higher, but his accuracy and decision making are both worse. I would like to see him redshirt and take a season to learn the new offense, then see what he can do against whoever else we have at the position in 2018. There was never really a time where Bryant was constantly under duress, or dealing with terrible coaching either.

DW should redshirt this year and think about gunning it for 2018. The kid needs alot more practice. Thank you wacky Bob for putting him on the field last year so the Boneyard won't have anything to debate this winter about the viability of DW in 2017.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Yeah it was a mess for both.
I'd be shocked if Bryant comes back. Kid was really beat up physically.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
DW should redshirt this year and think about gunning it for 2018. The kid needs alot more practice. Thank you wacky Bob for putting him on the field last year so the Boneyard won't have anything to debate this winter about the viability of DW in 2017.
Sadly....depth at the pos is probably going to dictate that he does not redshirt

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sadly....depth at the pos is probably going to dictate that he does not redshirt
Too early to say. If we land Pindell and BS stays, then I think he redshirts. And if we don't land Pindell, I think the possiblity of some sort of grad transfer could happen after spring practice. Lastly, I'd play the true freshman before DW if they show any ability in practice. Wacky Bob clearly was not watching DW's practices.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom