Brunelle To ND | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Brunelle To ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS

Reaction Score
Stewardess, where's my airsick bag?
Maybe we should start planting stories about Brunelle bad-mouthing Fudd.

"Sam said I can't play worth a WHAT . . .?"

Angry-Elmer-Fudd-ngo9001-398x800.gif

Reaction Score
I ready for "Air Amihere." She could have the greatest up-side of all the young players.

Amihere and Brunelle are totally different players........if SB has signed with UConn it would have had no negative impact on Amihere signing too...............unless she didn't like ice cream.........

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
UConn's missed on plenty of top-rated players (Wilson, Turner, Cox, Durr and Charli Collier in recent years) and never worried about "saving face." They're usually very honest about things.

For what’s it worth, I never said who was trying to save face. It’s just interesting the story that’s being put out there now when all along it was widely assumed that Brunelle had a UConn offer. If we dig deep enough I’m sure we could find articles from that same source stating that she did have an offer. But now she didn’t.

Has UConn ever NOT been involved with a #1 recruit?.. and if Brunelle is the first then wow.. maybe the Huskies are seeing something the rest of us aren’t.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Amihere and Brunelle are totally different players...if SB has signed with UConn it would have had no negative impact on Amihere signing too.....unless she didn't like ice cream....
She's a there but maybe Amihere?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
All bs and banter aside (and I've propagated quite a bit of both on this subject):

We went through this exact same thing with Kathryn Westbeld. UConn was thought to be interested but pulled back in the closing stretch. Link for reference: Kathryn Westbeld

UConn won 2 national titles and made 4 final fours during Kathryn's time in college. Meanwhile, Kathryn led ND to a National Championship as a senior. It worked out for all parties.

I think there are other players that UConn has passed on that have done well at ND. I believe, for example, Michaela Mabrey wanted but did not receive a UConn offer.

It was reported by multiple sources that Brunelle had a UConn offer. It appears that early this year they backed off of recruiting Sam. Meanwhile, ND kept up their pursuit and won Sam's commitment. ND got a commitment from a player they coveted. It doesn't hurt my feelings as an ND fan if UConn decided she wasn't a fit for the Huskies.

(I do think it's gross how quick the Courant was to emphasize that she didn't have a UConn offer, but that's another subject).

Reaction Score
Any other announcements scheduled from 2019 recruits?

no but Fudd and Bueckers just received their Notre Dame for life bicycle license plates...............you can expect a joint unveiling via videolink once the snow is cleared from Buecker's driveway..........

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Maybe Brunelle made it clear that she was going to ND so UConn decided to not waste any more time and energy recruiting her?
Doesn’t really fit the timeline or the scenario offered up by the mysterious “Dolphin” who showed up on the BY a few weeks back.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Maybe Brunelle made it clear that she was going to ND so UConn decided to not waste any more time and energy recruiting her?
Doesn’t really fit the timeline or the scenario offered up by the mysterious “Dolphin” who showed up on the BY a few weeks back.
To be specific the Brunelle ( whole family) were in Storrs, CT 1 January 2018.
Also does not fit the time frame that Samantha established for making a selection. Per her original timeframe she was to down select to a few schools over the summer and make a decision in the fall.

Reaction Score
All bs and banter aside (and I've propagated quite a bit of both on this subject):

We went through this exact same thing with Kathryn Westbeld. UConn was thought to be interested but pulled back in the closing stretch. Link for reference: Kathryn Westbeld

UConn won 2 national titles and made 4 final fours during Kathryn's time in college. Meanwhile, Kathryn led ND to a National Championship as a senior. It worked out for all parties.

I think there are other players that UConn has passed on that have done well at ND. I believe, for example, Michaela Mabrey wanted but did not receive a UConn offer.

It was reported by multiple sources that Brunelle had a UConn offer. It appears that early this year they backed off of recruiting Sam. Meanwhile, ND kept up their pursuit and won Sam's commitment. ND got a commitment from a player they coveted. It doesn't hurt my feelings as an ND fan if UConn decided she wasn't a fit for the Huskies.

(I do think it's gross how quick the Courant was to emphasize that she didn't have a UConn offer, but that's another subject).

I completely agree with that last sentence (re: Courant). From an outsider's point of view/casual fan (well maybe i'm more than just "casual" but whatever...lol ) it comes across as "sour grapes" and is unnecessary.

I remember someone posting a thread on the "new reality". And this is the caveat of attaining unparalleled success: some of us will never be satisfied (Insert The Greatest Showman's "Never Enough" :p) If we win a game by 18, it should have been 30. 4 straight NCs aren't enough, we need 6. We didn't get this year's no. 1 rated recruit, so forget her--we'll just get someone better. Head bang

Let's just sit down, relax, and not miss the forest for the trees! What's happening at Uconn is amazing and will likely never happen again. Let's enjoy it. If we only focus on what we lost/missed, then we'll never be able to appreciate what we have right now. I'm excited for the development of the underclassmen and for Lou and Pheesa to embark on their senior campaigns. I'm happy for Sam and all the other recruits who are following their dreams at other universities, which will only strengthen WBB as a whole. And i'm excited to see what student athletes will make the pledge to join our team.

"In a world where you can be anything....be KIND"

Reaction Score
I think Brunelle did have an offer from UConn, maybe the Courant is just going off Dolphan’s discussion of the whole Brunelle-UConn situation mentioned here on The BY recently.

Reaction Score
Amihere and Brunelle are totally different players...if SB has signed with UConn it would have had no negative impact on Amihere signing too.....unless she didn't like ice cream....
Right. Aimihere will be Amihere. I'm not sure there is anyone else like her in Wbb, unless Gabby grows 5 inches.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think Brunelle did have an offer from UConn, maybe the Courant is just going off Dolphan’s discussion of the whole Brunelle-UConn situation mentioned here on The BY recently.
So you're suggesting that a major newspaper like the Hartford Courant is trolling the BY for stories?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
dumping Brunelle if in fact that's what happened is an awfully big risk to take unless Jones is signed sealed and delivered to UConn..... if Jones ends up staying on the west coast Geno's decision making is going to look awfully bad
I think it’s not just that Haley Jones is a better fit at UConn, but Sam wasn’t as good a fit as many of us thought.

Reaction Score
After the big recruiting weekend at ND last fall, I got the impression that Brunelle, Fudd, and Bueckers had a big kumbaya moment decked out in ND gear. Kind of like the Deshields moment at NC but spread out over 3 recruiting classes. Expect Bueckers and Fudd to follow.

Reaction Score
on a related note - did Mikayla Vaughn get a red-shirt this year ? She appears to be a true post, while Brunelle looks more like a stretch 4.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
on a related note - did Mikayla Vaughn get a red-shirt this year ? She appears to be a true post, while Brunelle looks more like a stretch 4.
Vaughn's injury occurred in late November, so the medical hardship waiver ("redshirt") is there for the taking if she wants it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My impression was she did have an early offer, or thought she did, then couldn't get it confirmed at her visit around New Year's, nor at some point thereafter when someone in her camp sought clarification.

Offer if it existed not explicitly pulled, but the recruiting process had stopped, and 2018 communications from UConn were slim to none. I suppose this can be construed (kind of) as no offer, at least not when it counted.

I don't see this as an important point. One can argue how best to handle such a situation. Hope she has a happy college career and doesn't become a super-recruiter of others, a la, say, Keirsten Walters or, for that matter, Diamond.
One of the best “super-recruiters” was KML. She called Stewie “Baby Husky” well before her verbal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom