Briscoe to Kentucky | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Briscoe to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The biggest BS about this kid is he has the balls to go to ESPN to announce but his sack is to small to sign because he's afraid they may recruit over his a**.I call BS. Never want a kid like that on my team! NEVER
I understand the reaction in this instance, but if Stone announces on the 21st and says it's us, he'll essentially be doing the same thing because he can't sign until the spring. And I don't care if he does it on ESPN, in a boat, with a goat, in a house, with a mouse, here, there or anywhere. I will be happy.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
First time ive ever heard a high school kid talk about his fan base.

Also, I low key hope he has a falling out with his father and doesn't give him a dime when/if he gets his NBA contract. Seems like the father is pulling all the strings.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Because they put people in the league as first rounders, and that's all most of these guys care about.

Having Daniels and Napier drafted in the lottery would be 100x better for our recruiting than winning the National Championship.

When we have players dominate the NCAAs and then get drafted late first or second round it's bad for us. Other schools will say "don't go to UCONN if you want to be a high draft pick. Look how good DeAndre Daniels was and he wasn't even a first round pick."

THIS.

Also, try googleing the following:

World

Wide

Wes

Reaction Score
No that's me. Nothing more to add to the thread ,huh?

There's no content in your original post except the misspelled names. That's pretty much all there was to comment on, when you consider neither player was expected to come to UConn.

Reaction Score
Wow Briscoe is not coming to UConn and in a matter of hours his talent, character and 'worthiness' has significantly diminished.

Good thing Jalen picked us or he would have quickly turned into an average joe baller.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
No one should be surprised. Every guy we lost looked at the team and saw a guy who was as good or better on the roster. Storrs is not Hawaii. These are big time recruits. They have choices and a cold winter in Ct sitting behind Brimah, Hamilton, Adams is not what a lot of these 5 stars want to do.
However, Ollie will land his recruit when there is not an absolute stud already in place. Until then Ollie needs to get the TSams and Nolans to complement the stud when he comes.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Wow Briscoe is not coming to UConn and in a matter of hours his talent, character and 'worthiness' has significantly diminished.

Good thing Jalen picked us or he would have quickly turned into an average joe baller.

Standard operating procedure. Good players only commit to UCONN, anyone else is going nowhere. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
No one should be surprised. Every guy we lost looked at the team and saw a guy who was as good or better on the roster. Storrs is not Hawaii. These are big time recruits. They have choices and a cold winter in Ct sitting behind Brimah, Hamilton, Adams is not what a lot of these 5 stars want to do.
However, Ollie will land his recruit when there is not an absolute stud already in place. Until then Ollie needs to get the TSams and Nolans to complement the stud when he comes.

Storrs is not Hawaii. Thanks for clearing that up.

And all basketball players are choosing schools for their weather and scenic beauty. I hear the beaches and warm weather in Lexington, KY is beautiful in December.

Reaction Score
There's no content in your original post except the misspelled names. That's pretty much all there was to comment on, when you consider neither player was expected to come to UConn.

thank you for your revue, my post still stands.

Reaction Score
I would have loved to have had Briscoe, same for Jones, same for Mack. I can understand all of them making the choices they made and don't hold any grudges. For Briscoe, if he sticks with Kentucky, it'll be nothing but a good thing. Their class of he, Labissierre, and Matthews are already being hailed as the #1 class for next year. And that same rhetoric will be repeated ad nauseam until they're preseason #1's and the season starts and after that they'll be featured on the daily Freshmen Focus™ on ESPN. Their every game and movement will be tracked by the talking heads at the sports leader while their 4.3 ppg and 2.1 rpg will be extrapolated out from their depressed minutes courtesy of the brilliant platoon system of the unparalleled coaching genius that is Cal. And they'll be the favorites and America's darlings and shoe-ins for the championship and surefire 1st rounders and one-and-doners and p-t-p-ers and big blue nation's ESPN perpetuated BS will continue on to the next year after another NCAA failure, but it'll be OK, because, Oh look! Coach Cal just had 4 kids go in the first round (that would've gone there anyway no matter the school they went to), and Oh look! he's got the #1 recruiting class coming in, and Oh look! they're preseason #1's and the favorites... etc, etc.

Point is, Briscoe wants the easy path, he wants the NBA and it's millions and he wants them sooner than later. And Kentucky can all but assure him of that. It's a pit stop in a broken system for kid's that should otherwise be in the league already. That's fine, I'm glad he's dreaming big, that's what kid's do. Who can blame him. I'd of preferred he come to UConn to improve his game and work at his deficiencies even if it took him a year or two more than the hype machine would. UConn is no surefire path itself but I like to think that our guys leave better than they came in. I just see improvement as hard to come by in the glorified playground pick up games that is Cal's style of motion, flex offense or whatever. Anyway, I'm rambling, hopefully I've made some kind of cogent point.

D

Deleted member 3149

Rodney Purvis suspended for playing basketball. In other news, Kentucky is 100% clean.

Reaction Score
did anyone see special on tv about new ky player dorm or if not at least channel their esp.. n comprehend its gaudiness?

calzaphoni tool I mean took remote viewer on tour and emphasized new flat screens in each room, no required roommates, special chefs on call for ala carte performance at player becon calls 24/7 and also that boosters paid the entire bill and said dorm also has a few rooms for the common folk on campus so the ncaa rules are met

if I am a player and a playa guess where I park my keester for 1 or 2 semesters?

Also the impression is the coeds sometimes follow the code of shuttlesworth-now thats what I'm talkin about said recruit when talking about w's and heck, even x's, y's and z's.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Isaiah Briscoe is so overrated that he could join just about any team in the country by making one phone call.

Including UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Storrs is not Hawaii. Thanks for clearing that up.

And all basketball players are choosing schools for their weather and scenic beauty. I hear the beaches and warm weather in Lexington, KY is beautiful in December.
I was about to like this post, then I looked at your avatar, muttered Fook ewe Hathaway and moved on.

Reaction Score

I disagree. Don't think the majority here ever never really cared too much about him being a Husky. At least that's what I read from many posts. If he comes fine if he didn't no biggie! Always seemed we were much more concerned for Jalen and then the 3's which we whiffed on.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Seeing the media walking around with raging erections whenever they talk about Kentucky is making me sick! They are already predicting, including Andy Katz and Seth Greenburg, UK to win it all this year. Really makes me want to see our Huskies put those pussycats in there place and show them who the real champ is! I hope they keep doubting us.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
At what point does the fact that Kentucky is the only school that can get McD AA's to come and sit on the bench for a year or more become impossible to ignore? No one is that good a salesman.

Reaction Score
check the story on new dorm for players at KY

I sure would park my keester there for a semester or 2

Reaction Score
At what point does the fact that Kentucky is the only school that can get McD AA's to come and sit on the bench for a year or more become impossible to ignore? No one is that good a salesman.
Maybe when teams like the Maine Red Claws, Ft. Wayne Mad Ants, and Westchester Knicks are on their non-conference schedule. Its a complete joke that for me has transcended from hating the NCAA and disliking the Squid to caring much, much less about college athletics in general.

Reaction Score
The only parts that huts (at least to me) is losing a local kid (UConn is the nearest major program to Jersey) to another school, no matter who the kid is. Plus, as others have said, we wants kids who want to win National Championships at UConn. Kentucky is for kids who want to be a NBA lottery pick after their first year. Those two do not always match.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The only parts that huts (at least to me) is losing a local kid (UConn is the nearest major program to Jersey) to another school, no matter who the kid is. Plus, as others have said, we wants kids who want to win National Championships at UConn. Kentucky is for kids who want to be a NBA lottery pick after their first year. Those two do not always match.

It is hard to make the case that any of Calipari's lottery picks wouldn't have been lottery picks if they had gone somewhere else. You can make the case that they want to play at Kentucky because it gives them a shot at a title, but there are 20 schools that can make that same representation credibly. Why does Kentucky get 4 McD AA's a year? The Harrison twins could be 3 or 4 year players. I like both their games, but they aren't jaw dropping athletes and their speed is average to below average for NBA guards. Players like them have to be pretty polished to go to the League, so there is no guarantee that they are leaving next year. Briscoe could end up sitting TWO years at Kentucky. So why commit?

I believe there are 7 hamburger boys on the Kentucky roster right now. Why on earth would they all go there?

Like I said, NO ONE is that good a salesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom