Brimah | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brimah was the difference in the game tonight. He's an absolute game-changer on the defensive end, and that dunk he had off of Boat's wild shot was key.

I actually like him coming off the bench though. Both he and Nolan tend to get into foul trouble, so let Nolan get the first one or two, and then bring Brimah in as the rim protector off the bench. The changes Ollie made to the lineup have really been spot on.
Good point. JC had the same strategy. Let the refs get their quick whistles out off their system before bringing in your key big. Some refs like to set the tone early, and your 7 foot center is an easy target to pick up that make-a-statement foul.

Reaction Score
Anyone notice his passing is improving lately too? He's had a few nice assists this tournament.
Hard not to notice. He might be our best passing center we've ever had. With that said, I can't think of any center we've had who were all that good at finding the open man and getting them the ball. He has been very good at spotting the right teammate quicklyand delivering quick and accurate passed. He has the makings of being our best all around big man ever if he keeps improving and gets stronger. His post game really isn't all that bad. He simply doesn't finish enough because he's not strong enough yet. He'd also get more touches and better position if he were stronger. I think he's going to be a very good next year, and a beast the following year. I just hope we get to witness it here in Storrs instead of on TV while playing for some NBA team.

Reaction Score
Big Jake was a pretty good passer too & his screening was awesome. I was saying last summer I thought Brimah has that "it" factor for me. His energy, passion, length, athleticism, quickness are hard to teach. I don't think he's looking to head out the door to the NBA as quick as some other guys. He genuinely looks to be happy & soaking in the whole experience... or I hope so. Really excited to see how he turns out & what legacy he leaves behind. :)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Bump.

Brimah is probably the best player on the team as soon as Shabazz leaves. He's improving at a scary rate.

Reaction Score
Bump.

Brimah is probably the best player on the team as soon as Shabazz leaves. He's improving at a scary rate.
I love Brimah, but that's a little much. DD and Boat will still be here. We are adding Purvis also.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Bump.

Starting to feel a bit better about not getting a top shelf post next year. I mean, we still need one, but I don't think we'll have a black hole up front next year. Hopefully DD can put on some pounds.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Brimah is going to get better and better. He has a great upside and is just scratching the surface right now.

My bold statement on the NCAA tournament is that he plays well, UCONN wins. If he plays little because of foul trouble, then UCONN loses. A big man is huge in the NCAA when it comes to protecting the rim. Something most of the other 68 teams don't have, that and outstanding guards.

Reaction Score
So they share the same S&C coach, correct? I always felt we could improve a bit in that regard.

If he works for the entire athletic department, I doubt that Diaco is the one hiring him.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I love Brimah, but that's a little much. DD and Boat will still be here. We are adding Purvis also.

I understand that I'm being optimistic, but would you really be surprised if he was our best player next year? Boatright and Daniels are good players but both are enigmas. Neither looked half as good as freshman, and Amida can still put on 15+ lbs of muscle and make the sophomore jump in talent.

Reaction Score
I understand that I'm being optimistic, but would you really be surprised if he was our best player next year? Boatright and Daniels are good players but both are enigmas. Neither looked half as good as freshman, and Amida can still put on 15+ lbs of muscle and make the sophomore jump in talent.
I dont have much faith in DD and more so RB. RB basketball iq is low and DD just doesnt seem to have the confidence or the fire to really take his game to another level. i look for AB to make huge strides next year and be a consistant 10/7/3 guy for us which would be absolutely awesome if we get something from Facey or Lubin at the 4.

Reaction Score
In the AAC tournament, Amida Brimah has averaged: 23 minutes, 7 ppg, 6 rbg, 3 bpg and 2 assists pg...great stuff!

He has improved his game significantly over the course of the season and always gives maximum effort, something Drummond wasn't able to do.

Reaction Score
Starting to feel a bit better about not getting a top shelf post next year. I mean, we still need one, but I don't think we'll have a black hole up front next year. Hopefully DD can put on some pounds.
Ummmm. Lubin is coming and he is a house.

Reaction Score
This year has been a lot of fun and we have the team to make a nice run but next years team will have more talent. A starting 5 of Boat, Purvis, Hamilton, Daniels and Brimah is really talented with a bench of Samuel, Facey, Cassell, Nolan, Lubin and Omar.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This year has been a lot of fun and we have the team to make a nice run but next years team will have more talent. A starting 5 of Boat, Purvis, Hamilton, Daniels and Brimah is really talented with a bench of Samuel, Facey, Cassell, Nolan, Lubin and Omar.
I really want this Daniels at the 4 spot experiment to end next year once we actually have 4s who can play. He doesn't bring it every night consistently enough to battle down there. I'd rather him play at his more natural 3 position where he can spot up more and abuse smaller 3s on drives to the basket and post ups instead of bigger 4s who can keep him out the paint. We'd be a much better rebounding team and paint protectors with him at the 3 also and a guy like Rubin, Facey, or Nolan at the 4 to be that primary rebounder when Brimah goes up contesting shots.

Reaction Score
I never understood why Ollie rarely played AB during the first 10 games. He would be even further along right now.

Reaction Score
It's sounds almost like heresy given that Nap is leaving, but I'll be disappointed/surprised if UConn isn't better next year.

Just the fact they'll be able to handle the ball in multiple positions should help them become better. With an improved and mature Brimah and others it should be fun to watch them grow together next year no doubt!

Reaction Score
AB's soft touch is better than I expected and he has the perfect attitude. He needs to see the plays unfolding better, visual awareness, and put on some muscle to be considered for NBA, IMO. The dunk off of Boats wild shot was a great example that he showed he is building a better awareness. He needs lots more of this on offense and defense. More weight would give him a better chance at the ball. He has always had the timing for blocking shots. He's coming along nicely and is a thrill to watch. Want to see him build to be a dominant player around the rim next year.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If Purvis and DHam are as good as advertised, look out.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
I hope your right, because if he becomes better than Boat/Purvis/DD, that would probably mean he is giving us around 12/8/4 on a nightly basis

Reaction Score
If Purvis and DHam are as good as advertised, look out.

DHam is going to be a freshman and he will make freshman mistakes. I hope he can contribute as much as some of our heralded guards when they were freshman like Ray, Donyell, Caron, etc. but I don't expect him to step into 15 ppg or anything. 8 would great. Now, RP has to replace Bazz and we have to get a lot more production from him if we expect to be better next year.

Reaction Score
The Transition.

Last year - fight through the ban, maintain esprit de corps, finish with a respectable record notwithstanding mass exodus, recruit top level talent.

CHECK.

This year - stay in the top 25, finish with a respectable record including several wins over ranked opponents, make the tourni with a decent seeding, recruit top level talent (and replace a worthless, obsolete football coach with a young gun).

CHECK.

Next year - Start 2 talented seniors, a 6/11 shot blocker with steep learning curve at center, and the heir apparent to the Wing U throne, establish continued dominance of the UConn program, be a serious contender for National Champion.

CHECK BACK SOON.

Reaction Score
I never understood why Ollie rarely played AB during the first 10 games. He would be even further along right now.
Because those games almost always came down to the wire. Our lack of ability to blow anyone out, even after getting huge leads cost this team in development minutes. I blame his teammates more than Ollie. Their lack of focus early on hurt the team's development.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ummmm. Lubin is coming and he is a house.

Yeah I've seen him. Not sure how good he'll be as a freshman though. He put up some good numbers, but also looked pretty raw in the games I watched. So for next year, I don't know either way.

I think the best addition to our posts will be the improvement of the guys we have here already (Brimah, DD, Facey, Nolan).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom